Thread: Mike Lee for Supreme Court?

Mike Lee for Supreme Court?

Anyone else think we need to start pushing this?

He's on the short list, and he often aligns with the interests of liberty. I'm not sure we could get anyone better.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    what about the whole online gambling thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post

Lol. I'm not expecting perfection out of Trump. But a known quantity with a decent record would be nice.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Trump will nominate a Northeastern "moderate."
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

He's on the short list, and he often aligns with the interests of liberty. I'm not sure we could get anyone better.
    Peter Thiel may be even better (but that's a pipe dream)

That was a States Rights thing for Lee.

And he's awesome.
    There is no spoon.

Uh last time I checked Lee was against Trump..... I don't think Trump is going to do him any favors
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Personally gambling is literally the last issue I'm worried about.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Uh last time I checked Lee was against Trump..... I don't think Trump is going to do him any favors
    Trump put him on the short list even after he refused to endorse him. donald-trump-unveils-new-more-diverse-supreme-court-short-list

Now he may have just been doing that as a stunt to show himself as being inclusive, but a guy can hope. There may be an opportunity here in that Lee would most certainly pass straight through the Senate on the first go-round because he's one of their own. And if there's enough noise, Trump has shown a tendency to play to a crowd.

The liberty movement should be making some suggestions.

This is an area for improvement. The establishment and neoconservatives can pull out a list of potential nominees at the drop of a hat for any position. And they also bad-mouth those who they want blacklisted.

Appointments don't happen in a vacuum. If you are not pushing someone you would like to see in a position, it probably won't happen.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Interesting. How do we go about it? Start one of those white house petitions but address it to the president elect instead of Obama? Social media post card campaign to Trump Towers?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Interesting. How do we go about it? Start one of those white house petitions but address it to the president elect instead of Obama? Social media post card campaign to Trump Towers?
    Trump seems partial to Twitter.

As far as Supreme Court nominees, Trump already has longer lists than he knows what to do with. Mike Lee is already on the list, so at this point, people could push him, although it's unlikely due to past statements from Lee (brought up already in this thread), especially that he just won a Senate seat and intends to stay there.

When Trump announced his first list, he named a couple of organizations that provided him with nominees. That's how you do it. You always have the list ready.

Mr. Trump stated, “We have a very clear choice in this election. The freedoms we cherish and the constitutional values and principles our country was founded on are in jeopardy. The responsibility is greater than ever to protect and uphold these freedoms and I will appoint justices, who like Justice Scalia, will protect our liberty with the highest regard for the Constitution. This list is definitive and I will choose only from it in picking future Justices of the United States Supreme Court. I would like to thank the Federalist Society, The Heritage Foundation and the many other individuals who helped in composing this list of twenty-one highly respected people who are the kind of scholars that we need to preserve the very core of our country, and make it greater than ever before.”
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Mike Lee sounds good. Also he's young enough to stay on the SC for 50 years.
    I am the spoon.

Trump will likely have a name ready for day 1, other than Lee do you notice any other names that people on this forum might agree with?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJeff View Post
    Trump will likely have a name ready for day 1, other than Lee do you notice any other names that people on this forum might agree with?
    Judge Nap. Perfect.
    There is no spoon.

As much as I would like Lee, I'm not holding my breath. Let me know when Trump does something to promote the cause of liberty.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

We need another Alito as opposed to a Roberts.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The liberty movement should be making some suggestions.

This is an area for improvement. The establishment and neoconservatives can pull out a list of potential nominees at the drop of a hat for any position. And they also bad-mouth those who they want blacklisted.

Appointments don't happen in a vacuum. If you are not pushing someone you would like to see in a position, it probably won't happen.

This is a good idea, let's do a list of all of our acceptable candidates for all positions and have the liberty movement spread it on social media, it will eventually circle around to someone who can get this to the right people, its not a bad idea, we should try vs just sticking to forum chat, which gets us nowhere (how libertarian of us to get absolutely nowhere).
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Mike Lee is dramatically better than any Senator we could ever hope to get out of Utah in the future. It would be stupid (from our standpoint) to move him over to the Supreme Court. He is far more valuable in the Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Mike Lee is dramatically better than any Senator we could ever hope to get out of Utah in the future. It would be stupid (from our standpoint) to move him over to the Supreme Court. He is far more valuable in the Senate.
    I agree!
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I agree!
    I thought Trump was going to use the bully pulpit to push for term limits in his push to drain the swamp? SCrOTUS is for life.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I thought Trump was going to use the bully pulpit to push for term limits in his push to drain the swamp? SCrOTUS is for life.
    I'd like to see Lee in the Senate for as long as possible- then if Trump actually makes term limits come to pass- THEN put Lee in the ...uh.....SCrO....uh....SCOTUS.
    There is no spoon.

He said he supported the bill because it protected states' rights. Apparently the bill prevents the states from being forced to allow online gambling.

I don't think Mike Lee has enough experience defending corporate crime to be SCOTUS.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    He said he supported the bill because it protected states' rights. Apparently the bill prevents the states from being forced to allow online gambling.
    'Zactly.
    There is no spoon.