Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will this forum be returning to normal now?

Question Will this forum be returning to normal now?

Or have we lost it forever now?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I certainly hope so. I think there's enough that we'll have to oppose.

Maybe we can get to electing more people to lower offices..

And then there is, Rand Paul 2020. Depending on how things go with a Trump presidency.
    "I am a bird"

Yes, I think it will in a few days.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Let's hope so.

I suspect, after a bit of gloating and such, perhaps all these differences will be like water over the dam.

Probably not. AuH20 will probably spam the forum with pro Trump articles the same way CPUd spammed anti Trump articles during the elections. It is going to get a lot worse before it gets better if that actually happens. The other possibility is for Trump to actually be the liberty guy no serious person ever expected him to be, that would shut up quite a lot of people up and bring the forum together again behind him.

I think the second scenario has about 0.0001% chance of happening but then again many people end up winning the lottery every year. So it is not impossible.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Yes, yes it will

With the election over, things will quite down a bit more.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Probably not. AuH20 will probably spam the forum with pro Trump articles the same way CPUd spammed anti Trump articles during the elections. It is going to get a lot worse before it gets better if that actually happens. The other possibility is for Trump to actually be the liberty guy no serious person ever expected him to be, that would shut up quite a lot of people up and bring the forum together again behind him.

I think the second scenario has about 0.0001% chance of happening but then again many people end up winning the lottery every year. So it is not impossible.
    We need to keep Trump on the straight and narrow. He doesn't get a rubber stamp from me. We saw what was done in Reagan's name.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, they sold Trump in Reagan's name.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

My guess is the same people that post DNC or Progressive think tank talking points will continue to do so like they did even before Trump.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    We need to keep Trump on the straight and narrow. He doesn't get a rubber stamp from me. We saw what was done in Reagan's name.
    Hope you are true to your word. I have always thought Clinton and Trump were the same but if you guys can get to him and guide him away from making a bad decision, I cannot complain about that.

Hope you are true to your word. I have always thought Clinton and Trump were the same but if you guys can get to him and guide him away from making a bad decision, I cannot complain about that.
    Why wouldn't I? I hate the establishment. Trump was my vehicle to derail Bush and Clinton. Now he needs to finish the job by breaking up the oligarchy to a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Let's hope so.

I suspect, after a bit of gloating and such, perhaps all these differences will be like water over the dam.
    That's usually how American politics does. Trump may have to make a couple glaring errors first to take them down a peg before they seek reconciliation. Problem with that process re Obama was the supporters just blinded themselves to any error and pretended at perfection, so there never was the rapprochement.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Are you glad now that you only bet me $10?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Are you glad now that you only bet me $10?
    Yes, I am glad I bet $10.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well it's a win against the whole PC/SJW movement that was waaaay out of hand which is good for free speech in general.

Not expecting much more as far as campaign promises go so I imagine there will be much discussion of Trump policy in the future.

Hopefully there's some peace & prosperity in there somewhere.

Why wouldn't I? I hate the establishment. Trump was my vehicle to derail Bush and Clinton. Now he needs to finish the job by breaking up the oligarchy to a degree.
    Why would an oligarch want to break up an oligarchy?

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Why would an oligarch want to break up an oligarchy?
    He hates them. He never was accepted by them. He grew up in Jamaica Estates in Queens. Trump was always considered a mudblood among the storied families of New York City.
    Last edited by AuH20; 11-09-2016 at 12:56 PM.

Will this forum be returning to normal now?
    I hope not. I've really enjoyed the past few months.

I don't want this election to ever be over.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Yes, I am glad I bet $10.
    When should I expect my money?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

No. It will be at least 4 years before we are rid of the Trumpslurpers.
    I am the spoon.

Normal? WTH? You do realize what type of people frequent this forum, right?

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    LOL, my thought, exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

He hates them. He never was accepted by them. He grew up in Jamaica Estates in Queens. Trump was always considered a mudblood among the storied families of New York City.
    Hahahahahahshshahahahahahahaha

I grew up in Kentucky and my first job cutting tobacco. What does that make me?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    That's usually how American politics does. Trump may have to make a couple glaring errors first to take them down a peg before they seek reconciliation. Problem with that process re Obama was the supporters just blinded themselves to any error and pretended at perfection, so there never was the rapprochement.
    Ten days later ...

Banned

Blog Entries
    If Trump goes down tyrant lane, we'll all do what we have always done: throw a fit and say how wrong and stupid it is, and flame each other about how more freedom loving we are.
    Before this election, Auh20 and LibertyEagle were on my hate list. Now they are my ally. Funny times.

If he goes down the path of liberty, then half of the people will throw a fit and say he isn't doing enough, and we'll all flame each other about how more freedom loving we are.

But my hate for Zippy will never change, that you can count on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Hahahahahahshshahahahahahahaha

I grew up in Kentucky and my first job cutting tobacco. What does that make me?
    That's some work right there. My dad worked in the tobacco fields when he was young. I imagine most youth today wouldn't last a day doing that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    That's some work right there. My dad worked in the tobacco fields when he was young. I imagine most youth today wouldn't last a day doing that kind of thing.
    Hell yeah. I worked in my Grandpa's fields. I worked so hard and absorbed so much nicotene I puked.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast