Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What will politics look like ?

You can expect more military spending. More spending on policing. That's for sure. He'll find lots of agreement there.

Oh well, I'm too busy focusing on the fact that Hillary will NEVER be President! We've got 4 years for I-told-ya-so's.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    I hope one of their priorities are gutting Obamacare.
    What makes you think a Trump administration would have any interest at all in "gutting Obamacare?"

If that happens, don't know what Obama will have to show for 8 years.
    Obama's legacy will be that he paved the way for Trump to implement "single payer" / "universal" health care.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Obama's legacy will be that he paved the way for Trump to implement "single payer" / "universal" health care.
    Amazing, eh?
    You are probably right.
    And the GOP elite will be terrified to go against the beloved leader.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vonMises View Post
    And he could start killing journalists...
    "journalists"
    You play fast and loose with that term.

Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post
    He has a mandate. They will all fall in line.
    Sadly this. When all the negotiating is done Trump will be a lot like W Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by KrokHead View Post
    Sadly this. When all the negotiating is done Trump will be a lot like W Bush.
    ... without the neocons pulling the strings.

Itrue... Trump does support single payer system. Congress wants to gut it, I mean how many times did they vote to gut it? And now they actually have the chance.

Itrue... Trump does support single payer system.
    He's against single payer.

Eh... I feel like that depends on the day. Free markets wouldn't be a bad idea.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Do your sources indicate a merging of NSA data with KGB?
    You don't need sources to know this will happen. All you need to know is America is not a meritocracy, it is a bureaucracy. The best are not put in every position, and NSA agents will eventually be making private servers to hide their corruption, and using blackberries to take their work home with them, because they lack professional ethics.

Eventually, the NSA database will be merged with all intelligence agencies, and be to dumb to even realize it.

The NSA's universal spying is a terrible idea for a multitude of reasons:
    1) It destroys the idea of privacy to the populace, therefore degrading the trust of the people, making them fear their overlords, instead of embracing their fatherland.
    2) It creates an aggregate of data in a central area, making it only require a single point of server breach necessary. Once you slip past the door, you can dance around the castle with ease, and take what you wish.
    3) Once the brain has been exploited, it can be given a cancer or a weeping wound.
    4) The massiveness of it creates a false sense of overarching knowledge. You forget what you see in a cluttered room, compared to a clean one.
    5) Once the NSA becomes dependent on their new brain, they stop using their own.
    6) Once the NSA becomes dependent on their new brain, they will believe whatever it tells them, because they think they are the only ones with access to it.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ... without the neocons pulling the strings.
    I doubt this
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    I doubt this
    He threw the neocons under the bus with his stated foreign policy positions. Barring some massive FF attack blamed on Russia, I don't think there's any way that he'll align with the neocons.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    "journalists"
    You play fast and loose with that term.
    Slavs are used to living in oppression...and I guess in comparison to other autocrats, Trump may be the best out of all of them after all... Maybe not in the United States, but there could be a big backlash against Slavs in Europe. I think you guys still have unsettled issues with the Germans and they'll start chiming in soon enough as they might be more upset about this election than Americans are. You guys woke up a can of worms so it won't be us who you would have to be afraid of. Though I am aware of Russian fifth column elements within the United States, most Americans are fed on diet against Arabs and Islam to ever realize that their Slav neighbor could easily be in communication with elements of the Russian government and receive instructions from it, but the Germans know better because that's what they were themselves to win the Battle of France.

And when you Slavs start identifying with people like the Nazis who wanted to exterminate you, what on earth is up with that?
    Last edited by vonMises; 11-09-2016 at 07:00 AM.

He was for it before it became convenient to be against it.

And he'll be for it again if it becomes convenient again*.

That's what you get from men without principles ...

* In fact, he may already have taken the first step towards justifying "single payer" - it would fulfill his election-night promise to provide fully for the health care of veterans. What's more, it could be touted as a "solution" to the unpopular problem of Obamacare premiums/mandates for non-veterans. Two birds, one stone ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 11-09-2016 at 07:02 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vonMises View Post
    Slavs are used to living in oppression...and I guess in comparison to other autocrats, Trump may be the best out of all of them after all... Maybe not in the United States, but there could be a big backlash against Slavs in Europe. I think you guys...
    *sniff* *sniff*
    That's a positive.

Banking on the Germans, eh?
    Say, what was Putin doing when the Berlin wall came down?
    Have you read my WW III thread?
    I'm sure you have, many times.
    If not, read it again, and then come tell me what the Germans are going to do.
    Then do your best to stop them. Array your forces of lies against them, and try to oppress them.
    And reap what you have sewn.

I have no Russian or Slav in me.
    See, you are still in the old mindset.
    Trained on books and binders with quite interesting acronyms that mean nothing, but make you feel smart, like JINC. Studying instead of living.
    Do you know how Trump won? I do.
    You will not beat the third eye.
    The awakening has happened.
    We are legion, and we have no race.
    Last edited by UWDude; 11-09-2016 at 07:12 AM. Reason: If you want to talk old paradigm, I am now sure we are the same race, well, you are the pretender half.

He threw the neocons under the bus with his stated foreign policy positions. Barring some massive FF attack blamed on Russia, I don't think there's any way that he'll align with the neocons.
    Yeah, no way at all...

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Banned

Blog Entries
    Yeah, no way at all...

Yeah, the mercenary army in the Middle east is about to be destroyed. Giulliani was wrong about his politically heaven sent token being the Taleban and Saddam, but third time will be a charm.

Dumb trump calling him "dopey", ha ha. I bet he was just being funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    He was for it before it became convenient to be against it.

And he'll be for it again if it becomes convenient again*.

That's what you get from men without principles ...

* In fact, he may already have taken the first step towards justifying "single payer" - it would fulfill his election-night promise to provide fully for the health care of veterans. What's more, it could be touted as a "solution" to the unpopular problem of Obamacare premiums/mandates for non-veterans. Two birds, one stone ...
    I can see congress falling in line with Trump's agenda vis a vis his campaign promises - And notably absent from his policy positions is single payer. Because it's toxic... I can't see a GOP controlled congress passing any legislation that includes single payer as it would be a complete betrayal of conservative ideology and alienate the base. However, it would almost guarantee him a second term... I suppose anything is possible. We shall see.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I expect more power going to the president. (D)s hate Trump as do some (R)s. (R)s and (D)s will be as partisan as ever. Nothing will happen in Congress except grandstanding and fundraising.

Trump will be all take Executive Orders E.O. to an extreme because congress will come to a partisan stand still. Obama used E.O. to exert more authority than any other president. Trump will put that in hyper drive.

Obviously all I have is speculation, but my gut is telling me that he is all talk and the climate in Washington will change things. Kinda like how W was against nation building and O was against the war in Afghanistan.
    No - No - No - No

I can see congress falling in line with Trump's agenda vis a vis his campaign promises - And notably absent from his policy positions is single payer. Because it's toxic... I can't see a GOP controlled congress passing any legislation that includes single payer as it would be a complete betrayal of conservative ideology and alienate the base. However, it would almost guarantee him a second term... I suppose anything is possible. We shall see.
    The GOP is not afraid of complete betrayal of conservative ideology and alienating the base. The one thing we knew months ago is that we will end up with a NYC liberal in the White House.

I didn't say anything about a GOP Congress passing it. I was talking about Trump supporting it.

There is no reason to think that he wouldn't do so, if it served his purpose (such as to "guarantee him a second term").

Likewise, there is no reason to think that he wouldn't reverse or otherwise betray any other position or issue.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    I expect more power going to the president. (D)s hate Trump as do some (R)s. (R)s and (D)s will be as partisan as ever. Nothing will happen in Congress except grandstanding and fundraising.

Trump will be all take Executive Orders E.O. to an extreme because congress will come to a partisan stand still. Obama used E.O. to exert more authority than any other president. Trump will put that in hyper drive.
    D's and R's will align themselves against a common enemy, creating a new serpent, allowing a vacuum for a new opposition party.
    The opposition party will win, because the serpent will have his head bruised.

Obviously all I have is speculation, but my gut is telling me that he is all talk and the climate in Washington will change things. Kinda like how W was against nation building and O was against the war in Afghanistan.
    I don't think "all talk" is quite correct. There will be a lot of walking. Where he goes.....

There is no reason to think that he wouldn't do so, if it served his purpose (such as to "guarantee him a second term")
    Guarantee a second term is not quite why.

Did you know all the Amish came out and voted for Trump? They even rode in cars to do it. I bet the number put Pennsylvania way out of recount reach. Hmmpphh.. think, Trump reigning in the Amish and Asian voter block of Pennsylvania.

Such a dumb kid with his Twitter.
    Last edited by UWDude; 11-09-2016 at 07:56 AM.

This can be a good environment to turn more people onto liberty ideas. It was discussed a bit last cycle that it might be a good idea to run candidates through both parties, but what we're seeing now is more people dumping their party affiliation because they are tired of getting sold out. A true independent liberty candidate in 2020 could draw from both parties.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Banned

Blog Entries
    This can be a good environment to turn more people onto liberty ideas. It was discussed a bit last cycle that it might be a good idea to run candidates through both parties, but what we're seeing now is more people dumping their party affiliation because they are tired of getting sold out. A true independent liberty candidate in 2020 could draw from both parties.
    Unfortunately, that liberty candidate would have to be left leaning, as the Democrat party will be the rump, and real opposition to Trump will evaporate. I am quite confident, he is going to charm Americans. Once they understand him, and see how wrong they were about his racism and misogyny and bigotry and xenophobia, they will forget they were wrong about his campaign "promises" as well.

But it must be understood, nobody cared about the issues. If it were an issues election, Hillary would have been 50 points ahead.

How old and wise will Rand be in 2024? The term limit amendment will mean he will not have been in office for 2 years...

D's and R's will align themselves against a common enemy, creating a new serpent, allowing a vacuum for a new opposition party.
    The opposition party will win, because the serpent will have his a bruised head.
    Congressmen make about $200,000/yr salary from the taxpayer and about $20 million/yr from lobbyist. The idea that congress creates some opposition party to oppose a serpent is nice. We just have to see if the lobbyist will authorize it.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Unfortunately, that liberty candidate would have to be left leaning, as the Democrat party will be the rump, and real opposition to Trump will evaporate. I am quite confident, he is going to charm Americans. Once they understand him, and see how wrong they were about his racism and misogyny and bigotry and xenophobia, they will forget they were wrong about his campaign "promises" as well.

But it must be understood, nobody cared about the issues. If it were an issues election, Hillary would have been 50 points ahead.

How old and wise will Rand be in 2024? The term limit amendment will mean he will not have been in office for 2 years...
    The opportunities come from the fact he doesn't know WTF he's talking about, and he'll bring in the same people he claimed to be against, they will be the ones running things. He's all but said as much, to those who listened. When the people realize that, it might be enough to turn them off of partisan politics and the ideologies they are forced to buy into when they affiliate with a party.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Congressmen make about $200,000/yr salary from the taxpayer and about $20 million/yr from lobbyist. The idea that congress creates some opposition party to oppose a serpent is nice. We just have to see if the lobbyist will authorize it.
    Lobbying will be illegal. It is one of the 10 points of Trumps plan I have no doubt he will implement.

In Trumps new America, blackmail will be conducted through bribery, instead of pedo-rings. Like the good old days.

A lot of rank and file D's, plus people who voted Clinton "because Trump" are already pissed off at the party leadership for running $#@!ty candidates, combine them with the disaffected R's and both these parties will be minority blocs in the coming years. It's close to that already in some states.

*sniff* *sniff*
    That's a positive.

Banking on the Germans, eh?
    Say, what was Putin doing when the Berlin wall came down?
    Have you read my WW III thread?
    I'm sure you have, many times.
    If not, read it again, and then come tell me what the Germans are going to do.
    Then do your best to stop them. Array your forces of lies against them, and try to oppress them.
    And reap what you have sewn.

I have no Russian or Slav in me.
    See, you are still in the old mindset.
    Trained on books and binders with quite interesting acronyms that mean nothing, but make you feel smart, like JINC. Studying instead of living.
    Do you know how Trump won? I do.
    You will not beat the third eye.
    The awakening has happened.
    We are legion, and we have no race.
    Hmm, an ability to quickly write some kind of a poem... Well I'm going to call BS on you having no Russian or Slav in you, or some kind of tie to one or the other... Anyways, in order to prevent what happened here, it may not be beyond some European countries to start intensive surveillance and detention of Russian or Slavic elements within their population.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast