Thread: Thomas Massie 2016 election results thread [Update: Thomas wins!]

Thomas Massie 2016 election results thread [Update: Thomas wins!]

I honestly don't even know who his opponent is, but we can track the results and celebrate here. The race is for Kentucky's 4th congressional district, where Thomas has served since 2012.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    I honestly don't even know who his opponent is, but we can track the results and celebrate here. The race is for Kentucky's 4th congressional district, where Thomas has served since 2012.
    Someone named 'Calvin Sidle' apparently.

Thomas won with 62.1% in 2012, 67.7% in 2014...

I guess he's popular .

This is his opponent btw, Young guy, barely 30.

"I am a bird"

Thanks. I was starting to wonder after I made thread whether he even had an opponent. I haven't heard any news about him at all. So this one will be another blowout. And if anyone lives near Cincinnati you can attend the election night party that Thomas is throwing.

https://www.facebook.com/events/104381613373860/
    https://www.facebook.com/thomas.mass...06004586091218

Thomas Massie (R) * $434,058
    Calvin Sidle (D) $6,592

Money raised up until October 19th according to open secrets.

"I am a bird"

Already voted for Massie!
    Stop believing stupid things

polls close in one hour, election info here:

Kentucky's Fourth Congressional District
    -Polls close at 6 pm ET
    -Kentucky State Board of Elections results: http://results.enr.clarityelections....n/summary.html
    -Politico results: http://www.politico.com/2016-electio...ouse/kentucky/

8.5% Reporting

Polls Closing: 6:00 PM ET

R T. Massie (i) 70.1%
    D C. Sidle 29.9%
    http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/house
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Politico has called it for Thomas!
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kentucky 4th District

Close
    17.6% Reporting

Polls Closing: 6:00 PM ET

R Winner T. Massie (i) 71.4%
    D C. Sidle 28.6%

• Climate Change
      • Our environment is being affected by our behavior. We are experiencing the warmest years on record and unless we act soon we could cause irreparable harm.
      • We must diversify our energy sources to more fully utilize solar, nuclear, geothermal, natural gas, coal, and oil. No one source can, or should, provide 100% of our energy needs. We must invest in our energy grid to be able to lead the world in green technology.
      • We must handle this crisis immediately so that we don't put future generations at a disadvantage.

• Transportation
      • Our national infrastructure is crumbling beneath our feet. We need to invest real money into our roads, bridges, electrical grid, and broadband capabilities to be able to attract business and maintain safety.
      • One of the busiest freight highways in the nation, I-75, runs through the heart of our district. I will make sure that this artery is well protected, and of sufficient size.
      • By directing investing in transportation I will help create jobs and infuse communities with much needed income and development.

• Drugs
      • Across the state there is a significant problem of drug abuse. From heroin to prescription medication, it seems that everyone has felt the personal sting of the drug crisis. We need to create more pathways from addiction to freedom.
      • This solution to this problem will neither be easy to find nor quick to institute. There are no simple answers to this complicated issue. We need to involve police officers, judges, doctors, pharmacists, and social workers to figure out new and creative solutions.
      • By coming together, we can make sure that the scourge of addiction can be relieved. Certainly no legislation can make it go away completely, but there are significant steps that can be taken in the right direction.
      • I support the legalization of medical marijuana in order to treat pain. Furthermore, I fully support the legalization and taxation of recreational marijuana. Such a move would benefit Kentucky economically, and would lessen the number of people suffering from Opioid addiction.

• Education
      • There has been a lot of change in education, even in just the last ten years. While stagnation is never good, too much change too quickly becomes turmoil.
      • We need to strengthen teachers unions and workplace protections to make sure that our teachers can have job security and peace of mind. When somebody is worried about being fired from year to year it can be incredibly difficult to teach.
      • Our children are our most valuable resource and we need to make sure that the education they receive is the best in the world. We need to make sure that they receive the resources they need to learn. From increased access to technology to head start programs, every dollar invested in education will pay dividends.

• Health & Human Services
      • We need to do more to make sure that every American has the ability to afford to see the doctor and pay for their care. There are many different mechanisms from private insurance to Medicaid that are useful and need to be fully supported so that no citizen of this great country feels like their health is at risk to poverty.
      • We need to have a serious discussion about the benefits and risks of having a single-payer healthcare system. These systems exist in other advanced nations that are both capitalist and democratic. While we have been able to drive down both the rate of uninsured citizens and rate at which costs of healthcare have risen, we need to figure out a way to lower the costs so that we can keep these programs funded and make sure that people aren't going bankrupt because they're sick.
      • We need to protect all practitioners and patients of facilities that offer services to women. It is unreasonable that women who go to a clinic for a routine gynecological checkup or prescription refill should be forced to be verbally attacked by protesters. It is completely unacceptable that doctors, nurses, receptionists, janitors and families have to fear threats of violence at a medical facility. I support the right to peaceably assemble but there is a difference between an assembly and a mob.

Last edited by presence; 11-08-2016 at 06:22 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Damn.. Massie seems to get a higher percentage of the vote every election...
    "I am a bird"

Results for the presidential election in KY's Fourth Congressional District have been calculated.

Thomas Massie
    71.32%
    Calvin Sidle
    28.68%
    Massie won by 42.64%.

Donald Trump
    65.18%
    Hillary Clinton
    29.26%
    Trump won by 35.92%.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...DIf1RBNrnkwnkw