Thread: 538 has Johnson/Weld at 4.5%

538 has Johnson/Weld at 4.5%

The LP could barely miss 5%. Or America could have a third party poised to compete with the R's and D's next election. It's really close.

trump has no chance whatsoever.

Of course, Nate Silver could also be full of it. You judge.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...ex_cid=rrpromo
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wrote in Rand Paul. #StandWithRand

Johnson/Weld is a terrible ticket and I have no interest in supporting a Lib Party that would be so stupid and feckless as they have been this cycle. I want a new party. The L Party can suck it.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Johnson's polling has been on a slow downward trend since leppo, I think he is more likely to underperform.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Johnson's polling has been on a slow downward trend since leppo, I think he is more likely to underperform.
    Had very little to do with it. It was the fear factory coming from the media corralling the populace into one of two columns for slaughter.

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

4.4% now.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Back up to 4.8%

he will get 4.9 just so "they" give the appearance that votes matter. they wont allow a third party ever.

Now at 5.0%

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll be surprised if he gets 5%, people are going to want to choose between the viable candidates and I think third party candidates especially on the fringe get disproportionate amount of support in polls that doesn't show up at the ballot box. I'm thinking Stein and Johnson combined is maybe 5% and that would be an accomplishment.

The "all of nothing" guys really need re-evaluate your life choices, being in electoral politics, you're just setting yourself for massive disappointment because you'll never get what you want.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Weld asking swing state voters to vote for Clinton might be the thing that cost them the 5%. Many Libertarians got really pissed and moved to Trump. If you feared Clinton and were 50/50 between Trump and Johnson, then Weld pushed them to Trump.