Thread: King County (Seattle) using customer grocery store data to target pet owners, send licensing n

King County (Seattle) using customer grocery store data to target pet owners, send licensing n

King County (Seattle) using customer grocery store data to target pet owners, send licensing notices

“You see…Vee have noticed that you’ve been buying quite a lot of dog food recently…Now vee can do this the easy vay or the hard vay…Where is the dog? And do you have a licence? Please check in with with the local pet commissar immediately.”

(From KOMONews.com)

A King County letter that ended up in the mailboxes of thousands of pet owners is raising concerns over privacy.

The letter told pet owners to license their pets or face a $250 fine.

“It feels weird to me, it feels like they’re kind of snooping around in a place where they shouldn’t be,” said dog owner Chris Lee.

Turns out for the last four years, King County has been using data companies to target specific taxpayers, or in this case pet owners. That means every time customers swipe those rewards cards, they’re gathering data.
    http://www.againstcronycapitalism.or...nsing-notices/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

From the original article:
    "You just get kind of numb to your privacy being invaded on a daily basis," said dog owner Margaret Bouniol. "I just don't get that concerned. Now if they were looking at my bank records and all sorts of more personal stuff than my dog, then maybe I might be."

250 FRN's , no wonder they call it King County , that is a king sized excessive fine .
    Do something Danke

Turns out for the last four years, King County has been using data companies to target specific taxpayers, or in this case pet owners. That means every time customers swipe those rewards cards, they’re gathering data.
    Somehow, "I told you so" just doesn't cut it.

Look for more and more of this as cash disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    From the original article:

"You just get kind of numb to your privacy being invaded on a daily basis," said dog owner Margaret Bouniol. "I just don't get that concerned. Now if they were looking at my bank records and all sorts of more personal stuff than my dog, then maybe I might be."
    And that's why we are in the mess we are in.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    They already do, I just pretend they don't.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.