Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Melania Trump: Ending social media bullying would be focus as first lady

Melania Trump: Ending social media bullying would be focus as first lady

Melania Trump said Thursday she'd work to improve a social media culture that "has gotten too mean and too rough, especially to children and teenagers," if she becomes first lady.
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/03/politi...-pennsylvania/

Step 1: Take away Donald's internet privileges?
    Step 2: Alt-right something something something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Improve social media culture = end social media bullying?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    = LESS AND LESS INTERNET FREEDOM.
    There is no spoon.

Part of the solution is teaching people how to protect themselves from internet bullying.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    = LESS AND LESS INTERNET FREEDOM.
    Ya, that's what I'm trying to figure out, where did you and the OP get that idea from? How does the first lady restrict internet freedom? Is that really what she meant by saying she wanted to improve social media culture?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Ya, that's what I'm trying to figure out, where did you and the OP get that idea from? 1) How does the first lady restrict internet freedom? 2) Is that really what she meant by saying she wanted to improve social media culture?
    1) 'Bout the same way as the current First Lady ruined school lunches.
    2) Pretty sure.
    There is no spoon.

1) 'Bout the same way as the current First Lady ruined school lunches.
    2) Pretty sure.
    What do you think Milo thinks of all this?

It doesn't always have to mean a loss of freedom. Teach people how to protect themselves. Remove restrictions so more parents can home school. Get kids away from each other. Kids are oversocialized, and have become socially stunted.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mordon- Your -neg rep was stupid & completely UnFreedom.

You can't FORCE manners on others.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    It doesn't always have to mean a loss of freedom. Teach people how to protect themselves. Remove restrictions so more parents can home school. Get kids away from each other. Kids are oversocialized, and have become socially stunted.
    Basically get the $#@!ing government out of everything and let people work it out themselves.
    There is no spoon.

Mordon- Your -neg rep was stupid & completely UnFreedom.

You can't FORCE manners on others.
    You can teach them though. That's why I got banned for 1 month here.

Melania's move does not mean less and less internet freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    You can teach them though. That's why I got banned for 1 month here.

Melania's move does not mean less and less internet freedom.
    NO. It does NOT.
    There is no spoon.

What do you think Milo thinks of all this?
    Maybe that one should be smarter in the disregard of a private company's rules?
    Last edited by Ender; 11-03-2016 at 03:59 PM.
    There is no spoon.

A real solution for a fake problem.

Free speech means there is no such thing as bullying with written word.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I can assign the same attributes to written word if I can get people to act out of fear and pride. Reject cyber bullying and embrace anti-free speech.

yay T-rump
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen thirty Years a Resident within the United States; the same requirements shall apply to the spouse of the President.
    FTFY.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Is your mouse button broken? She directly says bullying.

"It is never OK when a 12-year-old girl or boy is mocked, bullied or attacked. It is terrible when it happens on the playground, and it is absolutely unacceptable when it is done by someone with no name hiding on the internet. We have to find a better way to talk to each other," Melania Trump said.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Part of the solution is teaching people how to protect themselves from internet bullying.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Is your mouse button broken? She directly says bullying.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    So where does she claim she wants to end it?

If you can't stand the heat.... then yes, THIS...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Or, at the very least, get off of FedBook and other social media. Mission accomplished and you can still enjoy other benefits of the internet.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

I wonder how many people would grant Michelle Obama the benefit of the doubt if she said the same things.

First Ladies should just sit down and STFU - and the same goes for First Gentlemen, if and when there ever is one.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I wonder how many people would grant Michelle Obama the benefit of the doubt if she said the same things.

First Ladies should just sit down and STFU - and the same goes for First Gentlemen, if and when there ever is one.
    I think one hell of a lot of people gave Michelle Obama all kinds of benefit of the doubt. The problem is she removed all doubt that she would use government force to carry out her bull$#@!. I don't think anyone here would agree with Melania Trump doing likewise. But, she hasn't said she would do that. At this point anyway. Once upon a time, there used to be things like public service announcements. I don't have much of an issue with those. I'd rather not have either, but in the scheme of things, not a big deal. And it's not force.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

All the very real problems in the world, and this chump picks up on the issue that is in no way a federal responsibility. It's a parenting problem.

No respect
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I think one hell of a lot of people gave Michelle Obama all kinds of benefit of the doubt.
    I doubt they did around here. I certainly didn't. And no one else should have either.

Granting such benefits of the doubt is a big part of how we got in the mess we're in today.

Does anyone around here seriously think that a First Lady campaigning against being mean on the Internet is going to end well? Regardless of intent, it will do nothing but energize and give greater social credibility to the efforts of the already belligerently overweening forces of political correctness in society. How is that a good thing?

Remember "Just Say No?" That was Nancy Reagan's pet project. It turned out to be not so much about warning children away from drugs as it was about propagandizing everybody in favor of ramping up the "War on Drugs" in a major way. And the results were disastrous for liberty and smaller government.

I repeat: First Ladies/Gentlemen should sit down and STFU. At most, they should be seen and not heard.

(In fact, we shouldn't even have First Ladies/Gentlemen in the first place. But that's another argument for another thread ... )
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 11-04-2016 at 04:36 AM.

First lady should STFU... lol. First Lady should not be involved in any policy making ;s..

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    First lady should STFU... lol. First Lady should not be involved in any policy making ;s..
    I don't think it was a "policy" thing . . . not even used to Michelle Obama and Hilly getting involved in policy things.

Yeah, I don't think she intended to mean it in a government regulation kinda way . . . a social/education public service program or whatever
    that is not such a controversial topic, the more usual First Lady kinda stuff (whatever that is)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    the same requirements shall apply to the spouse of the President.
    She is an immigrant - got her work visa and all. I wonder any other foreign-born FLOTUS ?
    Last edited by Jan2017; 11-04-2016 at 10:15 AM.

I doubt they did around here. I certainly didn't. And no one else should have either.

Granting such benefits of the doubt is a big part of how we got in the mess we're in today.

Does anyone around here seriously think that a First Lady campaigning against being mean on the Internet is going to end well? Regardless of intent, it will do nothing but energize and give greater social credibility to the efforts of the already belligerently overweening forces of political correctness in society. How is that a good thing?

Remember "Just Say No?" That was Nancy Reagan's pet project. It turned out to be not so much about warning children away from drugs as it was about propagandizing everybody in favor of ramping up the "War on Drugs" in a major way. And the results were disastrous for liberty and smaller government.

I repeat: First Ladies/Gentlemen should sit down and STFU. At most, they should be seen and not heard.

(In fact, we shouldn't even have First Ladies/Gentlemen in the first place. But that's another argument for another thread ... )
    I see your point. Actually, always did. I'm just not going to lose it over her giving that speech. Although, I would have much preferred for her to talk about what her husband was fighting to do, or to just say her role would be to support her husband and to raise her child. But, that would have irritated the feminazis. Can't win these days.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    She is an immigrant - got her work visa and all. I wonderr any other foreign-born FLOTUS ?
    Yes, she's one of the dreaded H1B immigrants who steal jobs from Americans.

#americantrophywivesfirst
    Pinochet is the model

Then there was the PMRC, fronted by a Second Lady...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I see your point. Actually, always did. I'm just not going to lose it over her giving that speech. Although, I would have much preferred for her to talk about what her husband was fighting to do, or to just say her role would be to support her husband and to raise her child. But, that would have irritated the feminazis. Can't win these days.
    I know what you mean.

It's not the sort of thing I would even bother talking about if someone else hadn't mentioned it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Then there was the PMRC, fronted by a Second Lady...
    Another good example ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Yeah, I don't think she intended to mean it in a government regulation kinda way . . . a social/education public service program or whatever
    that is not such a controversial topic, the more usual First Lady kinda stuff (whatever that is)
    It doesn't matter how she intended to mean it.

It does matter that others who DO mean it "in a government regulation kinda way" will use it to advance their agenda.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast