Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Libertarian VP Candidate Weld: "I'm Here Vouching For Mrs. Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    If he's gonna betray his own party, he should at least do it for a worthwhile candidate, like Trump
    Well, to balance out Weld, maybe Johnson will endorse McMuffin.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Well, to balance out Weld, maybe Johnson will endorse McMuffin.
    Have you seen McMuffin's VP?

I would vote for her any day
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    well.... there goes any chance of the LP getting my vote.

All is well though, Rand has been giving some great interviews recently, i had pretty much decided to write him in.

My conscience will be clear.
    No - No - No - No

Have you seen McMuffin's VP?

I would vote for her any day
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    I might write her in for Trump's VP. I dont like Pence very much

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

This can be a learning experience or a mistake.

More party desperation at the RPFs or...? All is forgiven, we all learn at different times in our lives. Let's hope for a learning experience.

(twice a W voter)
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

There was a reason Weld barely won the VP nomination and Sharpe came a close 2nd on the 2nd ballot. This guy is a snake in the grass, which is what a large portion of libertarians could see a mile away and why a near plurality voted against the guy. He never should have won, but the GJ effort to court delegates on his side well in advance of the convention in comparison to the other candidates is what ultimately gave us someone as terrible as Weld.

If there are people interested in the 2020 LP nomination, and there definitely are, they need to be working on it already or you will lose to a half foot in, half foot out establishment candidate like GJ, who is most certainly willing to do the extensive work to win, and will bring their unprincipled fellows along for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    I hope even our purists on RPF can now see this, and this is the purists test as well, if you are as pure and noble as you have been claimed to be this whole election cycle I don't know how you can still vote LP and maintain your nobility and purity politically.
    LMAO. You obviously haven't been paying any attention if you actually think that we "purists on RPF" support the LP's pathetic joke of a ticket.

The Johnson/LP boosters tend to be just as prone to complaining about us "purists" as the Trump supporters are ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 11-03-2016 at 12:08 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I noticed r3volution 3.0 didn't dare post in this thread, even though he was here posting in other threads tonight.

I guess one can handle only so much humiliation per day.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

I don't think there were many enthusiastic GJ supporters here this cycle. I've stated all along that the only reason I'm voting L this election cycle is to support their getting 5%. Anyway, this shouldn't really bother the Trump people around here as his support for Hillary has never been an issue for them.

Now I might just write Ron Paul in.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    I don't think there were many enthusiastic GJ supporters here this cycle. I've stated all along that the only reason I'm voting L this election cycle is to support their getting 5%. Anyway, this shouldn't really bother the Trump people around here as his support for Hillary has never been an issue for them.

if you are going to go vote, may as well vote for the best guy possible. (RON)

I might write her in for Trump's VP. I dont like Pence very much

Eh.

It's going to be fun staying home on election day this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzo View Post
    It's going to be fun staying home on election day this year.
    You could leave POTUS and other Federal offices blank and just vote for local offices that directly affect you daily and/or local/state measures. Everyone in states with mj stuff on the ballot better go vote!
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Gary Johnson needs to says something about this very soon. He can't have the VP candidate sabotage the party and remain quiet. I'll still vote for Gary Johnson, hope they at least make the 5% and block either candidate from 270. I believe November 8th will be the last day of Weld the libertarian. If the LP get near 10% this year they might attract a candidate that can win in 2020.

Lets hope the 2020 ticket will is Ron and Rand Paul.

Today is the last day of early voting in Tennessee. Beautiful day.

I voted today. Holy guacamole people are angry out there. By law I could have requested to move to the front of the line (obvious difficulty walking and standing and use a cane), but I was okay to wait. The line moved very quickly. I was glad to get out of there, though.

Did not vote for Johnson/Weld. Did not hear them mentioned at all by anyone.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Weld is a $#@!ing mole. It is so easy to corrupt weak LP candidates. Again I will repeat the system is designed against 3rd parties. Why are you voting for them since RP said it was just not worth it running as a 3rd party. You don't get it do you?

You guys are delusional. 3rd parties never exist in winner take all. Several parties only exists in proportional allocations.

And 3rd parties are not inherently better. Look at the disastrous LP ticket. It is a complete joke.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

The libertarian party has been compromised and infested by the statist's tentacles. Either purge it from this cancer or stop promoting it as a better alternative. I say this as someone who has been voting libertarian since 2000. Ever since they started gaining steam, the social justice warriors, neocons, and statists have been slowly infiltrating.

Just like they did with that chick Jill Stein who's VP is connected to Sorors. Their tentacles need to be cut off. Not just repudiated.

We have already seen how they have been co-opting movements like Operation Wall Street from Anonymous and the Tea Party from the Ron Paul Revolution, and on and on.
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

Quote Originally Posted by Athan View Post
    The libertarian party has been compromised and infested by the statist's tentacles. Either purge it from this cancer or stop promoting it as a better alternative. I say this as someone who has been voting libertarian since 2000. Ever since they started gaining steam, the social justice warriors, neocons, and statists have been slowly infiltrating.

Just like they did with that chick Jill Stein who's VP is connected to Sorors. Their tentacles need to be cut off. Not just repudiated.

We have already seen how they have been co-opting movements like Operation Wall Street from Anonymous and the Tea Party from the Ron Paul Revolution, and on and on.
    A good thrashing with Johnson barely ending up with 1-2%, barely better than 2012, may drive this point home. If these experienced wishy-washy moderates can't perform in any meaningful way, and subtly shill for creeps like Hillary, then what's the point in nominating them?

Better to get half a percent with a real libertarian than one or two points with frauds like Weld.

Libertarians for WW3..... where are those principled Purists gonna hide?

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post

Not sure why everybody is so outraged about this. Weld was a troubling choice for VP from day one. The LP at large gambled that his name recognition, record and connections could get them the attention and funding to poll well for the debates. It didn't work out and now the LP rank-and-file is either totally ambivalent or realizes it was a stupid gamble. Meanwhile, Weld is just networking for his next gig like always. Take a look at all the Youtube comments from liberals that loved him in this Maddow interview.

It's valuable for the LP to get 5% this cycle. GJ says he's not running for pres again after this. Hopefully those activist libertarians who have given up on changing the Republican Party will get involved with the LP and do what it takes to field a good candidate for 2020. And BTW, Mackey, Petersen and Parry weren't good candidates either IMO - all novices with a sheen of crazy or hot-headed. The LP is small and easy for the establishment to game unless dedicated individuals help build a firewall within the LP organization.

If Hillary wins, the LP stands to make a huge impact next election. Probably not if trump wins.
    Last edited by undergroundrr; 11-03-2016 at 04:31 PM.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    Weld is a $#@!ing mole. It is so easy to corrupt weak LP candidates. Again I will repeat the system is designed against 3rd parties. Why are you voting for them since RP said it was just not worth it running as a 3rd party. You don't get it do you?

You guys are delusional. 3rd parties never exist in winner take all. Several parties only exists in proportional allocations.
    Ron

said to vote 3rd party

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Mackey, Petersen and Parry were good candidates either IMO - all novices with a sheen of crazy or hot-headed.
    and

all were worse than Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post

This is the one saving grace I can glean from voting for the LP ticket this election. Getting 5% in a state seems to be a worthwhile endeavor if you still have any hope for a 3rd party group. Maybe we get a real libertarian in there in 2020, maybe we don't. Recent history of Barr, Johnson, Johnson does not bold well for the LP however, so cynicism is completely understandable.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bryan, is it time now to take down Johnson/Weld as a "liberty candidate"?
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 11-04-2016 at 03:32 AM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

I watched the entire Rachel Maddow interview, and it is worse than the clip. Weld actively campaigned for Clinton, a candidate that goes against LP platform. I had my mind made up to vote for Johnson as soon as he was nominated. I voted for him in 2012. Now I am 75%.

I got an email from Weld last night and replied that he needs to step down. I called for Weld's resignation in the Libertarian discussion group.

The Libertarian Party is having a crisis of leadership by not taking action against Weld. Gary Johnson is showing weakness by doing nothing. He needs to have a press conference today and demand Weld leave the campaign. This is the only way Johnson get back to 5% or have a chance to keep either candidate for 270.

If Gary Johnson cannot address and correct this situation, it changes my view of his ability to be president. A Ron Paul write-in is a serious possibility for me now. Maybe Vermin Supreme.

I should have just listened to Gunny!
    Last edited by dean.engelhardt; 11-04-2016 at 07:13 AM.

This is the worst ticket on the election. I would rather vote to MAGA than this garbage. I expected garbage from the D and R tickets, and the L ticket had so much potentially. Totally wasted.

Big L = complete garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by adam220891 View Post
    This is the worst ticket on the election. I would rather vote to MAGA than this garbage. I expected garbage from the D and R tickets, and the L ticket had so much potentially. Totally wasted.

Big L = complete garbage.
    Bill Weld endorses this post.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast