Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why are some Libertarians rejecting Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by robert68 View Post
    In this context, the idea the Confederacy wasn't formed to protect slavery, but to oppose high tariffs.
    you
    don't think the Confederacy had anything to do with free trade?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    you
    It's wasn't the reason for it, as the Declarations of the Causes given by 4 of the states linked below shows. Using a word search for all of them, the word slave comes up 80 times, while the word tariff doesn't come up even once. In Jefferson Davis's farewell address to the Senate, tariff's weren't mentioned once, while the slavery issue was addressed significantly.
    http://www.civilwar.org/education/hi...nofcauses.html
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornerstone_Speech
    http://www.ucs.louisiana.edu/~ras277.../stephens.html

Further, at the time of the 7 original secessions, the Democrats controlled the Senate and tariffs were very low. The secessions are what gave the Republicans control of the Senate and allowed tariff increases like the Morill Tariff to get through the Senate.

are you a Neo-Unionist?
    No
    Last edited by robert68; 12-01-2016 at 06:46 PM.

I'm not a purist, I can tolerate imperfect candidates who move things in the right direction, even if only slightly. But a Trump Presidency would be moving things in the wrong direction.
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    I'm not a purist, I can tolerate imperfect candidates who move things in the right direction, even if only slightly. But a Trump Presidency would be moving things in the wrong direction.
    as
    opposed to Hillary?

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    as
    opposed to Hillary?
    She would also move things in the wrong direction.

you

We hashed this out in a history forum thread. Not sure if you're interested, but I posted some racist Lincoln quotes and some other items about the economics of that war.

See posts 4 and 22 here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...93civil-war%94
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    The folks you're talking about probably wouldn't have seen enough difference between Eric Cantor and Dave Brat to be worth the effort, either. They have an all-or-none attitude that normally only manifests itself in children under the age of 3.

With some, they aren't libertarians to begin with. They like to smoke pot, or they like gay marriage, or they like to hire illegal aliens, or some other specific policy where pop-libertarianism gives them what they want, and that's the full-stop end to their consideration of political philosophy.

Turns out that the open borders issue is an easy litmus test to tell a true libertarian from a false one.

Genuine libertarians are fiercely nationalist and have zero problem with a national government doing its basic duty of defending the borders of the nation - the absolute #1 thing on the list of what a sovereign is supposed to do.

Be aware that many other, rightfully-discredited philosophies (such as the various flavors of anarchism) claim to be libertarian, but are actually as opposed to liberty as Communism. The common failing here is the inability to distinguish true liberty from the natural right of violence. Probably none of them have the attention span to read Hobbes, or the intellectual capacity to understand it.

So when you hear something here as being allegedly pro-liberty, or libertarian, don't take it at face value. Be very, very, very skeptical.
    +rep
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Unfortunately the inability to recognize and treat this sort of thinking with the proper level contempt it deserves has been the death of this place.

What's the other option you got, dumbass? Madame Let's Have a Nuclear War herself was your alternative.

If BushClintonBushObama -> Trump is not a move in the right direction for you, then there is something wrong with you, something seriously wrong that probably can't be fixed, ever.

But thanks for poisoning the well here for three years with your immense pantloads of suicidally stupid Jack Handyisms. We really $#@!ing appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    LOL. That's like asking, "Why are some Christians rejecting Satan?" ...
    Agreed. Admittedly dragging theology into this can get tangential, but Donald Trump is many things even though being libertarian is a tad different than being a libertine or a liberal. D.T sometimes says a few things that sound sorta libertarian, but he thinks like an autocrat.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Francis Frost View Post
    He's anti-interventionist. Strong on national defense and securing the border. He's for free markets. And lowere taxes. These are all policies in line with traditional Libertarianism. So what gives?
    Simply some 'libertarians' are transnational progs who also like to smoke weed and safely mock Christians

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Unfortunately the inability to recognize and treat this sort of thinking with the proper level contempt it deserves has been the death of this place.

What's the other option you got, dumbass? Madame Let's Have a Nuclear War herself was your alternative.

If BushClintonBushObama -> Trump is not a move in the right direction for you, then there is something wrong with you, something seriously wrong that probably can't be fixed, ever.

But thanks for poisoning the well here for three years with your immense pantloads of suicidally stupid Jack Handyisms. We really $#@!ing appreciate it.
    It's all a move in the same direction most likely. Maybe Trump will be an improvement, but I wouldn't count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by paleocon1 View Post
    Simply some 'libertarians' are transnational progs who also like to smoke weed and safely mock Christians
    Interesting analysis there. I've never smoked pot in my life (and never plan on smoking it in the future), and I attend church weekly, yet I despise Trump too.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    OK, so you were willing to effectively side with a rent-seeking, rape enabling Traitor. Got it!

Quote Originally Posted by paleocon1 View Post
    OK, so you were willing to effectively side with a rent-seeking, rape enabling Traitor. Got it!
    Vote for Romney, I know he's not perfect but we can't let Obama win a second term!

With Trump at least there is some possibility he will not be the front man for the NWO. HRC besides being a career criminal is just sufficient demented to start WW3 in Syria if given the chance. Romney vs Barry? virtually two peas in a pod. They even share the trait of non-Natural Born Citizen status.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Tywysog Cymru again."

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Is that also your explanation for why libertarians don't support Hillary?

Because that would make the same amount of sense.

...good one, SM!!!...little do they know, but radio-republicans are some awful shmucks....and cucks....

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Yes sorry.
    ok Mr. Warrior for liberty, are you going to form a coalition of liberty activists and try and get the new President up to speed on the liberty movement?...

seems this would be a good activism idea.

i don't use Twitter, so its up to you negative nancy's to make the attempt..

get on it, or stop the childish whining like all the rest of the lazy wannabe liberty activists in here...

keep us posted on your efforts.
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 11-14-2016 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Failure to support Trump does not auto-magically make someone a hyper purist bent on eliminating everyone but themselves.
    with your experiance and abilities, i nominate you to reach out to Trump as a Liberty Ambasador, and try and get him to understand the real Liberty ideology.

get busy.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    ok Mr. Warrior for liberty, are you going to form a coalition of liberty activists and try and get the new President up to speed on the liberty movement?...

seems this would be a good activism idea.

i don't use Twitter, so its up to you negative nancy's to make the attempt..

get on it, or stop the childish whining like all the rest of the lazy wannabe liberty activists in here...

keep us posted on your efforts.
    So this Trumpster doesn't want anything unfavorable said about his new demigod. Well you best get used to it.
    Last edited by robert68; 11-14-2016 at 02:53 PM.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    with your experiance and abilities, i nominate you to reach out to Trump as a Liberty Ambasador, and try and get him to understand the real Liberty ideology.

get busy.
    If this is not a paying position, then I am sorry, you are just going to have to deal with the despot. I spent the last 8 years hungry, and I am tired of it. I've got good income now and I'm not giving that up for fairy dust and unicorn farts.

Quote Originally Posted by robert68 View Post
    So this Trumpster doesn't want anything unfavorable said about his new demigod. Well you best get used to it.
    so you're just a big mouth with no answers...

you should tweet Trump and promote Ron Paul, but apparently this election is just a way for you to act out your fantasy of being a whiny commie...

If this is not a paying position, then I am sorry, you are just going to have to deal with the despot. I spent the last 8 years hungry, and I am tired of it. I've got good income now and I'm not giving that up for fairy dust and unicorn farts.

this would be voluntary. Thats only IF you really gave a $#@! about Liberty.

kinda like when you enlisted right?...

all talk...no action. I'm disapponted.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...weets-to-Trump
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 11-14-2016 at 03:22 PM.

kinda like when you enlisted right?...

all talk...no action. I'm disapponted.
    Right, I gave up the last 8 years of my life and the only inheritance I will ever receive, and lived basically in poverty to fight for liberty while the rest of you fuk nuts poked around on Farcebook and acted like you did something. Along comes 2016 and the flock of retards come out to claim that the entire purpose behind Ron Paul and the liberty movement was Donald J Trump. Piss off. I'm done going hungry for a bunch of ignorati. You want me to lobby Trumpadileo (I would have used Trump's proper name here but I can no longer do so thanks to LibertyEagle) to uphold constitutionalist and libertarian principles? Fine. I'd be glad to. I start at $70,000 a year and expect bonuses for targeted legislation that passes. That's like half of what a normal lobbyist makes so if you don't like it you can eat mud.

Right, I gave up the last 8 years of my life and the only inheritance I will ever receive, and lived basically in poverty to fight for liberty while the rest of you fuk nuts poked around on Farcebook and acted like you did something. Along comes 2016 and the flock of retards come out to claim that the entire purpose behind Ron Paul and the liberty movement was Donald J Trump. Piss off. I'm done going hungry for a bunch of ignorati. You want me to lobby Trumpadileo (I would have used Trump's proper name here but I can no longer do so thanks to LibertyEagle) to uphold constitutionalist and libertarian principles? Fine. I'd be glad to. I start at $70,000 a year and expect bonuses for targeted legislation that passes. That's like half of what a normal lobbyist makes so if you don't like it you can eat mud.
    thats your cross to bear. Fine. Remain just another mouth that bitches about everybody else, then runs and hides....

at least we all know where our resident Marine stands...

you can't even bring yourself to tweet Trump about Ron Paul without being paid 70k....congrats....pathetic.
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 11-14-2016 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Francis Frost View Post
    He's anti-interventionist. Strong on national defense and securing the border. He's for free markets. And lowere taxes. These are all policies in line with traditional Libertarianism. So what gives?
    Yeah tell that to John Bolton who is about to become Trump's Sec. of State....

There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I don't reject Trump nor do I support him. With that being said, the second he makes a decision against the public or supports foreign intervention he loses my benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Leighton View Post
    I don't reject Trump nor do I support him. With that being said, the second he makes a decision against the public or supports foreign intervention he loses my benefit of the doubt.

I don't mean this in any way as a dig against you Leighton. I'm just using your comments as a springboard for a thought of my own.

Why anyone would grant the benefit of the doubt to a known narcisssist who has deliberately sought and acquired near absolute power over their lives is beyond me. Don't people possess even the most rudimentary levels of self-preservation instinct anymore? It seems to me that there mere fact that the guy wanted the job is more than sufficient cause for extreme skepticism. With the stroke of a pen this guy could end you.

Benefit of the doubt? Not even. EVERYTHING the guy does should be put under the microscope. Everything.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I don't mean this in any way as a dig against you Leighton. I'm just using your comments as a springboard for a thought of my own.

Why anyone would grant the benefit of the doubt to a known narcisssist who has deliberately sought and acquired near absolute power over their lives is beyond me. Don't people possess even the most rudimentary levels of self-preservation instinct anymore? It seems to me that there mere fact that the guy wanted the job is more than sufficient cause for extreme skepticism. With the stroke of a pen this guy could end you.

Benefit of the doubt? Not even. EVERYTHING the guy does should be put under the microscope. Everything.

geez, calm down. Its apparent you don't know anything about the 3 branches of government. This isn't a monarchy.

sigh....

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Hopefully that was sarcasm!

I promise you that after 4 years, Molyneux will reject the alt right garbage he's succumbed to.

Alex Jones...well, Alex Jones will probably still be Alex Jones. He is not a libertarian.

I don't know who the other person is that you mentioned.
    Milo is a dangerous f.@g.g.0.t! And he's epic as $#@!. Besides his support for Trump.
    I am the spoon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast