Thread: Rand Paul: Polls showing Clinton ahead are 'designed to suppress turnout'

Rand Paul: Polls showing Clinton ahead are 'designed to suppress turnout'

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/26/po...lls/index.html

Republican Sen. Rand Paul said on Wednesday that polls showing Hillary Clinton with a lead over Donald Trump are "designed to suppress turnout."
    The Kentucky senator, who is ahead in surveys for his own re-election bid, was asked on, "The Tom Roten Morning Show," an 800 WVHU West Virginia radio program, about Clinton's national polling lead when he made the comment.

"You know, I think sometimes polling is done to dampen election turnout so when Trump says the thing's rigged, I'm not sure exactly what he means and I'm not sure I always agree with him," Paul said. "But I do think that when we say over and over someone can't win that is a form of rigging in the sense that it is designed to suppress turnout.
    "In Kentucky, in our governor's race in 2015, the media said over and over and over again the Democrats were up 8 points," Paul said. "The hope I think was to depress Republican turnout and these were coming from liberal newspapers in our state. And turns out the Republicans won by 8. They were off like by 16 — 14, 16 points. And but I think some of that is intentional. The polls are put out, you know to make it either look closer than it is or to make it look like Democrats have a better chance. And I think it's done by design to try to dampen turnout."
    Paul added that he thought that Trump would win Kentucky and West Virginia. Though are considered solidly red, voters there should not be discouraged by his deficit in the polls nationally and in swing states.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Polls showing one side ahead can also have the opposite effect. Supporters may decide they have it and stay home while the opposition is more driven to turn out and vote against them. America likes underdogs. Trump calling the election "rigged" before it even happens is his attempt to encourage higher turnout among his support. (everything Trump doesn't win is "rigged"- "I should have won that too!" )
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-26-2016 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Actually Media is very honest and does not push bogus news or polls.
    Yes, they are known to be very fair and balanced
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Yes, they are known to be very fair and balanced
    Yes, particularly media outlets that use those very terms to describe themselves.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Actually Media is very honest and does not push bogus news or polls.
    I am tired of people bashing the media for telling the truth. I have done a fact check on how honest the media is, and my fact checker told me they were honest 98% of the time.

Plus, the polls tell you in the details they are oversampled. It is not like they are trying to hide anything.

And let's not forget the media that promote themselves as zones with "no spin".
    They are, by definition, the most honest of all.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)