Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I Voted Today

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post

A vote is not property. You can't sell it any more than you can sell citizenship.
    Sure it is. Anything I can rightfully do is mine to sell.

Your argument is silly. I don't own language. So I shouldn't be able to sell my right to speak to the highest bidder right? Except there are whole businesses, such as endorsements, built off that exact precept.

And I certainly can sell my citizenship. The USA does it every year, people pay big bucks for it. If I am a citizen why can I not sell it?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Because you don't.

Just like you don't truly own anything else.
    True. If I have such a thing as a vote then it has been co-opted by the government, just a smy property has. Property taxes are really just rent you pay to the State. But I'm thinking more in the hypothetical here. Assuming I have a vote, why couldn't I sell it to whomever I want? People get paid to do things for others all the time. How is voting any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Stop hugging me!
    You could report it to the mods as a micro-aggression.

that guy needs some hugz. Somebody notify HB.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Justin Timberlake flew back to Memphis the other day and took a selfie of himself voting for Hillary. (I didn't know that was his residence). The county sheriff announced they might be seeking charges against JT cause, apparently, taking pictures of yourself voting is a crime in Tennessee. (Seriously.....like WTF?)
    It's because there's laws against photography at a polling place, but that's usually meant for outside the booth trying to take pictures of voters and the books, etc.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    True. If I have such a thing as a vote then it has been co-opted by the government, just a smy property has. Property taxes are really just rent you pay to the State. But I'm thinking more in the hypothetical here. Assuming I have a vote, why couldn't I sell it to whomever I want? People get paid to do things for others all the time. How is voting any different?
    No, if you truly owned your "vote", I can see no reason why it could not be sold.

Of course, there are negative ramifications of that...but no worse than the ones we have now.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I voted today.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Sure it is. Anything I can rightfully do is mine to sell.

Your argument is silly. I don't own language. So I shouldn't be able to sell my right to speak to the highest bidder right? Except there are whole businesses, such as endorsements, built off that exact precept.

And I certainly can sell my citizenship. The USA does it every year, people pay big bucks for it. If I am a citizen why can I not sell it?
    Since when do libertarians believe in intellectual property? You're not selling words, you're selling your labor. I guess we should just eliminate elections altogether, because if people can sell their votes we might as well just give the presidency to the highest bidder.

I voted today.
    We of Oceania congratulate you on completing this pointless, meaningless task. Thank you for your subservience. Have a nice day!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Since when do libertarians believe in intellectual property? You're not selling words, you're selling your labor. I guess we should just eliminate elections altogether, because if people can sell their votes we might as well just give the presidency to the highest bidder.
    That's how it already works, though. Please read "Parliament Of Whores" by PJ O'Rourke.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    We of Oceania congratulate you on completing this pointless, meaningless task.
    -rep

It was apparently meaningful enough, for you to participate.

Thank you for your subservience. Have a nice day!
    And you as well
    Last edited by TheTexan; 10-28-2016 at 01:57 PM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I voted today.

Nice! +rep

Nothing better, except maybe sex.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

No, if you truly owned your "vote", I can see no reason why it could not be sold.

Of course, there are negative ramifications of that...but no worse than the ones we have now.
    Ya, just imagine the horror, if votes could be bought.

The horror!
    Last edited by TheTexan; 10-28-2016 at 02:00 PM.
    - Kim Kardashian

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Let's vote harder.

Those purple fingers all remind me of what it would look like if some doctor was giving an alien a prostate exam and the glove ripped.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    People in the office today have been begging me to vote for Trump, and I told them what I've said here. My vote is for sale, but it won't come cheap. Have to figure in the time it would take standing in line at the polls.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    It was apparently meaningful enough, for you to participate.
    All expressions of slaves' obedience to their masters should be met with praise somehow. It makes them feel better. Happy to be of service to teh forums. ~hugs~

That's how it already works, though. Please read "Parliament Of Whores" by PJ O'Rourke.
    Then why isn't Jeb Bush the nominee?

Or we could eliminate the presidency along with the elections. After all George Washington $#@!ed it up from the start. And he was my favorite prez.
    Last edited by Origanalist; 10-28-2016 at 04:21 PM.

Then why isn't Jeb Bush the nominee?
    Probably wasn't good enough for The Party. IDK, I wasn't there when the decisions were made.

Probably wasn't good enough for The Party. IDK, I wasn't there when the decisions were made.
    If decisions were made, then Trump wouldn't be the nominee.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Or we could eliminate the presidency along with the elections. After all George Washington $#@!ed it up from the start. And he was my favorite prez.
    Yeah, no thanks, unless you want to replace the republic with monarchy. Anarchy is a fool's paradise.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, no thanks, unless you want to replace the republic with monarchy. Anarchy is a fool's paradise.
    Ya, as opposed to the great thing happening now.

Ya, as opposed to the great thing happening now.
    This^^ Voluntaryist Anarchy FTW.

Yeah...ok.

I'd happily take anarchy over this dog's breakfast of $#@! we have now.

Yeah...ok.

I'd happily take anarchy over this dog's breakfast of $#@! we have now.
    Yeah uhm, we already live in a state of anarchy. It is the breakfast of $#@! we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Yeah uhm, we already live in a state of anarchy. It is the breakfast of $#@! we have now.
    I don't follow.

I don't follow.
    We certainly don't live in a situation where the rule of law is followed.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anarchy
    : a situation of confusion and wild behavior in which the people in a country, group, organization, etc., are not controlled by rules or laws
    what we have now is already the inevitable result of any type of anarchist society. embrace it anarchists!

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    We certainly don't live in a situation where the rule of law is followed.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anarchy
    Well, there is the problem. There is merriam-webster's definition of anarchy and then there the anarchists definition of anarchy. The state makes up the rules as they please and as it suites them. Take the state out of the equation and give it a shot.

Well, there is the problem. There is merriam-webster's definition of anarchy and then there the anarchists definition of anarchy. The state makes up the rules as they please and as it suites them. Take the state out of the equation and give it a shot.
    Meh, point is, we don't live in a situation where laws or govt is legitimate. what we have is just what youd end up with, without a state. the powerful and rich would create a state and use it to subjugate you. it is human nature.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast