Thread: Sometimes Freedom is a Pair of Pliers

Sometimes Freedom is a Pair of Pliers

I know.. technically they're 'diagonals' but I jus rolled w/ it.
    ==========

British ex-soldier cuts off own toes with pliers to avoid hospital delays

A former soldier cut off two of his gangrene-ridden toes
    with a pair of tin metal pliers without anesthetic in his living room
    after becoming frustrated at a six-week delay to being operated on by the National Health Service (NHS).

Paul Dibbins, 57, from Buckfastleigh, Devon, had been told
    he needed to have his right leg amputated at the knee
    due to complications from diabetes, combined with suffering serious frostbite in his feet
    while repairing a car in freezing conditions.

Dibbins says his foot turned “soot black” and he was rushed to hospital.
    However, his operation was cancelled at the last minute
    because of problems with the previous patient.

He says he then discharged himself from hospital and thought surgeons
    would call him in a few days to re-book an appointment, but claims they never did.

“I’d been told my leg would be cut off and I was taken into surgery.
    But it was cancelled.
    I just wanted to go home and see my wife and kids.”

Dibbins says he resorted to treating his own wounds over nine months
    using a Swiss army knife, sterile scissors and homemade dressing.
    He says he saw doctors every six weeks afterwards
    and they told him he could keep treating his frostbite until “things turned nasty.”

He says he eventually developed gangrene
    and his doctor said his infected toes would have to be removed.
    Rather than wait six weeks for the operation,
    Dibbins took matters into his own hands.

He says the operation, performed without pain killers and in his living room while biting on a rolled up towel,
    took about an hour.
    His wife of 40 years was in the house but says she did not want to look.

“Knowing that it would take at least another six weeks to get me in front of a surgeon again,
    that’s when I bit the bullet and cut off the toes,” Dibbins told the North Devon Journal.

“I did it because it’s what had to be done.
    My doctor told me my toes were going to kill me.

Don't crush that dwarf... hand me the pliers.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Coming soon to a United States of America near you ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

If you like your toes you can keep your toes.

Excellent , free health care . What more could you want ? Talked to a buddy of mine today , his wife got notice her Obummercare premium is being raised from 450 to 900 per month.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    If you like your toes you can keep your toes.
    If you live long enough you may find that is not true . Also , get yourself a pr of pack boots .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    If you live long enough you may find that is not true . Also , get yourself a pr of pack boots .
    Yep, got myself a pair of these and I feel like I'm wearing my slippers when I'm outdoors.

Excellent , free health care . What more could you want ? Talked to a buddy of mine today , his wife got notice her Obummercare premium is being raised from 450 to 900 per month.
    Why doesn't she just see the local medicine man?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Why doesn't she just see the local medicine man?
    It is a white woman , I hooked them up with my Injun Ins guy in Colorado , he will be able to beat that plan .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Yep, got myself a pair of these and I feel like I'm wearing my slippers when I'm outdoors.
    That is how ya keep yer toes .
    Do something Danke

It is a white woman , I hooked them up with my Injun Ins guy in Colorado , he will be able to beat that plan .
    Oh $#@!, I will pray.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Oh $#@!, I will pray.
    My Ins guy is good , he scours the world for the lowest premiums . Mrs O has a supplemental policy through him and another that is some lump sum vision / Dental thing . I just use the medicine man , 1 ounce of silver .
    Do something Danke

You see , the absolute lowest premium is imperative because the deductibles are so high all costs will be out of pocket anyway .....
    Do something Danke

Rising numbers could face 'crippling pain' as NHS rationing spreads

Increasing numbers of patients will be left to endure “crippling pain” as rationing spreads across the NHS, one of Britain’s most senior surgeons has warned.

Stephen Cannon, Vice President of the Royal College of Surgeons said bans on all but the most urgent treatment would become “commonplace” without major changes to the funding of the health service.

The NHS is in the grip of the worst financial crisis in its history, with increasing restrictions on cataract surgery and lengthening waiting times for hip and knee operations in most areas.
    Yesterday St Helens clinical commissioning group in Merseyside took the unprecedented step of making plans to suspend all non-urgent treatment for four months, in an attempt to tackle its overspend.

In a letter to The Telegraph, Mr Cannon, an orthopaedic surgeon, said such bans would become widespread without a “realistic” increase in funding.

He also called for changes in the way existing funds are spent, to divert more money away from bureaucracy towards front-line care.

“This is not a one-off, this is a growing problem across the NHS,” he said. “We are deeply concerned. It is bad enough having to put up with crippling arthritis as waiting times get longer, but these sorts of delays can mean the hip crumbling away so the patient can’t even take a step. It also means that when patients do have surgery, it is infinitely more complex,” the surgeon said.

“I am concerned that we could end up going back to the days when patients waited two or three years for operations,” he added, warning that many patients were being left in “severe discomfort and pain”.

Mr Cannon called for extra funding for the NHS to cope with rising demand from an ageing population. But he also said too much money was being spent on bureaucracy – including on long wrangles over which patients would be funded.

“We are seeing decisions now being made purely on a financial basis, when these should be clinical judgements, made in the interests of patients,” he said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ioning-spread/

I blame the free market.

They really need to institute some sort of government program to deal with this mess.

When are the Brits going to learn?

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I blame the free market.

They really need to institute some sort of government program to deal with this mess.

When are the Brits going to learn?
    They're not. Good thing pliers are cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I blame the free market.
    Didn't the Kenyan-In-Chief recently do likewise? He whinged and whined like an ill-bred little girl about how it's all someone else's fault.

<cue broadway music score>

Single Pay-yer, here I come...
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    They're not. Good thing pliers are cheap.
    I see you're taking my realism to heart.

By the time the dopey Brits come to their senses, it will likely be too late. It will certainly be too costly.

The butchers in England recently did the job on my auntie Barbara. She's close to 80 and they $#@!ed up at least one of her eyes. She and uncle Peter are fairly wealthy and I think she should just come here for corrective work. She thinks she's too old to travel like that. I disagree, but she is what she is and I doubt I will be altering her decision.

Part of me wants to see the UK destroyed - they are so stupid that annihilation really seems the only just end for them. OTOH, that would hand the islands over to the Muslims, who deserve destruction every bit as much.

Please pardon this outburst. My inner Margaret Sanger just launches forth every now and then.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

He really deserves some jail time for operating without being a licensed surgeon.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    He really deserves some jail time for operating without being a licensed surgeon.
    He would probably get better "care" in prison anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    I know.. technically they're 'diagonals' but I jus rolled w/ it.
    Always called those "dikes", myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Always called those "dikes", myself.
    yep.. quite right mate.

$#@!ing hard core $#@! right there.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.