Thread: Smart security cameras will be able to tell if you're texting and driving

Smart security cameras will be able to tell if you're texting and driving

Soon, police officers won’t need to pull you over if you’re caught texting while driving. An artificial-intelligence-enhanced speed camera will simply notify authorities directly.
    The machine vision technology company Movidius has teamed up with the Chinese security camera maker Hikvision to create smart cameras that can catch behavior such as leaving a suspicious package in a public place, driving while distracted by mobile devices, and break ins. Advanced visual analytics will also allow cameras to identify car models and detect seat belts. The partnership will debut a new line of cameras with higher accuracy than traditional computing techniques in China this week. (Movidius has announced its acquisition by Intel.)

Both search giant Google and the world’s leading drone manufacturer DJI have relied on Movidius to enhance spatial awareness in virtual reality and engineer the sense and avoid features inside drones respectively. Movidius’s Myriad 2 Vision Processing Unit (VPU) uses deep neural networks that learns patterns from massive amounts of data in order to identify features in a video or still image. Its computer vision lowers risk of false positives.

More:

http://qz.com/817766/chinas-hikvisio...urity-cameras/
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Freedom.
    When autos are driverless, then we can text again. That's freedom.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I wonder how many times it'll capture distracted cops driving. We'll never know....

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    When autos are driverless, then we can text again. That's freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    I wonder how many times it'll capture distracted cops driving. We'll never know....
    Hey, AF - we know how you feel about cops and driverless cars - but what about driverless cop cars?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I guess they will "catch" me then. I text and drive all the time while not wearing my seat belt and sometimes in between bites of food...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    I guess they will "catch" me then. I text and drive all the time while not wearing my seat belt and sometimes in between bites of food...
    You don't wanna know what I'm doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Actually... now I do!
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Does this mean the Alabama Air Guard ( used @ Waco ) or something will shoot Danke down for taking selfies while flying ? Guess that is starting to rule out having Danke fly me to Africa for Safari .....
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-26-2016 at 05:39 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Does this mean the Alabama Air Guard ( used @ Waco ) or something will shoot Danke down for taking selfies while flying ? Guess that is starting to rule out having Danke fly me to Africa for Safari .....
    Take a canoe.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Take a canoe.
    I guess I could pack us a couple of Chutes
    Do something Danke

This all seems very big brother-ish. I don't really use that term lightly either as I try to not be cliche.

But I mean. I want to get rid of people who text and drive too and reduce crashes on the road from distracted drivers. But I don't want to do it with machines that will detect you doing them. Sometimes the machines can be wrong, or in a worse case scenario, they can be programmed in the future to do more than detecting what you're doing, or where you're going, and all. I just would hate to see where these kinds of machines go on from here.

Of course, I could be wrong and more than likely they don't work at all, like camera's that are designed to catch people who run red lights.