Thread: Brit/Ausie accents

Brit/Ausie accents

Every election I end up watching tubes of various MSM talking heads, over the last 15 years or so there seems to be an influx of Limey twinged speech..

The odd thing, as I see it, is that these speech impeded people are given creedence in political discourse.

Obviously the kids who grew up hearing these accents will find them both acceptable and normal so I pose this question to those born before 1967;

What do you make of the Limey's on the Tee-Vee?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Not good, but better than the Dutch.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Not good, but better than the Dutch.
    Are the Dutch the ones who sound like they're talking with a mouth full of cum?

I Don't know, but the Brits talk like they have a mouthful of $#@!.
    I am the spoon.

I don't know what that sounds like, we'll have to consult with HB.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    I Don't know, but the Brits talk like they have a mouthful of $#@!.
    I always thought they sounded like there was a cob shoved up inside 'em........

This is sort of an odd criticism; your timeline is a little off, considering the Mid-Atlantic accent was in use until after WWII, and that was specially designed to blend together elements of pronunciation from both American English and British Received Pronunciation (the "posh"-sounding British accent)...
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Rothbardian Girl View Post
    This is sort of an odd criticism; your timeline is a little off, considering the Mid-Atlantic accent was in use until after WWII, and that was specially designed to blend together elements of pronunciation from both American English and British Received Pronunciation (the "posh"-sounding British accent)...
    There was no "criticism" in the OP, I asked what middle aged people thought about the plethora of Limey accents on the Tee-Vee today...

I don't recall ever hearing a newscaster speak with an accent back when I actually watched Tee-Vee. (I quit in the late 70's early 80's)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't care for the English but I loooove the Scottish Brogue - we need more of those.

I've also noticed that most foreigners (no matter where they're from) and aliens on tv and in movies, for that matter, have British accents. Who knew Martians had English accents? O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

As I recall it started with the late night product pitches and took off from their.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    As I recall it started with the late night product pitches and took off from their.
    Took off from their what?

<there> Haven't finished my first cup o' java yet.

Every election I end up watching tubes of various MSM talking heads, over the last 15 years or so there seems to be an influx of Limey twinged speech..

The odd thing, as I see it, is that these speech impeded people are given creedence in political discourse.

Obviously the kids who grew up hearing these accents will find them both acceptable and normal so I pose this question to those born before 1967;

TVs cast many illusions.

TV isnt really a "moving picture", rather its an optical illusion where we see a series of still images that trick our minds into thinking we are seeing motion. But movement is not the only illusion we see. Put a person in a suit and you have the Illusion of Authority. I suspect by having a person with a Brit / Aussie accent speak, they are casting the Illusion of Credibility.

If they wanted to present a realistic image of themselves, they ought to have a couple of rednecks read the news dressed up to the hilt in full redneck attire, and have them named Daryl, his brother Daryl, and his other brother Daryl, full on hillbilly accent and vulgaries included.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.