Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jessie Benton and Eric Beach involved in British newspaper’s undercover sting

Jessie Benton and Eric Beach involved in British newspaper’s undercover sting

http://www.kentucky.com/news/politic...110238032.html

Two former aides to U.S. Sen. Rand Paul are at the center of an undercover investigation by a British newspaper alleging the two attempted to inappropriately funnel international money to a political group supporting Donald Trump’s presidential campaign.

The British newspaper said it sent reporters undercover posing as representatives for a wealthy Chinese businessmen who wanted to donate $2 million to the Great America political action committee. Federal law prohibits campaign donations from foreigners.

Jesse Benton, a Louisville resident and a former campaign manager for Paul and U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell, was shown in a video with reporters from the Telegraph offering to find a way to use the money on advertisements for Trump.

Eric Beach, the former national finance chairman for Paul’s failed presidential campaign who now co-chairs the Great America PAC, was shown on camera saying the businessman would “get credit” for the donation but warned them not to “overdo it with the influence.”

Benton is shown telling the reporters that the Chinese donor’s generosity could be “whispered into Mr. Trump’s ear.”

The Great America PAC has raised more than $14 million to benefit Trump.

According to the Telegraph, Benton denied any “unethical” behavior and said he spoke to the reporters after a “business referral” from Beach and not as a representative of Great America PAC. He could not be immediately reached for comment by the Herald-Leader Monday evening.

The PAC’s lawyer, Dan Backer, told the Telegraph that Benton has not been involved with the organization since May, when he was found guilty of participating in a bribery scandal while he worked on the 2012 presidential campaign of former U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas.

“Mr Benton has not solicited any contributions to the PAC that I am aware of, nor has he been asked to do so,” Backer told the Telegraph.

He added: “The conduct of the PAC and Mr. Beach’s conduct was appropriate, ethical and legal at all times.”

In early October, Benton told the Herald-Leader he was now working for America’s Liberty PAC, which is supporting Rand Paul’s Senate re-election campaign. He has no role in Paul’s official campaign.

According to the Telegraph, Benton recently reached out to the undercover Telegraph reporters after allegedly being asked to do so by Beach. Beach had been previously approached by the reporters.

Benton allegedly met with the reporters in New York City and offered to disguise the origin of the proposed donation by funneling the money through his consulting company, Titan Strategies LLC, before donating it to two other groups, which would then give the money to Great America PAC.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yet What Hillary is doing agaisnt the law is completely normal.

whatta peach

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...donor-fundrai/

Jesse Benton is a "consultant" for Great America PAC CREDIT: THE TELEGRAPH

Jesse Benton | A "consultant" for Great America PAC

A long-time Republican activist, Jesse Benton, 39, ran high-profile campaigns for presidential and senate candidates and held senior positions at several political organisations. He was hired by the pro-Trump Great America super PAC as chief strategist in March 2016.

However, he is best known among Capitol Hill circles for his connection to an electoral fraud scandal during Ron Paul's 2012 presidential election campaign, which he worked on as campaign manager.

In May 2016, Mr Benton was convicted for his role in a scheme to cover up campaign payments to a former Iowa state senator who agreed to endorse Mr Paul.

Along with John Tate, Mr Paul's campaign chairman, Mr Benton was found guilty of conspiracy, causing false campaign-contribution reports to be filed to the Federal Election Commission and participating in a false statement scheme.

They were both sentenced to two years' probation, six months of house arrest, community service and a $10,000 fine. Following his conviction, Benton’s formal employment by Great America PAC ended, but he continued to work for the organisation in a voluntary capacity.

Benton is a close ally of the Paul family, having worked as a senior aide to Ron Paul as well as to his son Rand Paul, who is Senator of Kentucky.

He is married to Ron Paul’s granddaughter Valori Pyeatt, whom he met while working on Ron Paul’s 2008 presidential campaign. Benton was also senior vice president at Campaign for Liberty, an organisation founded by Ron Paul, until 2012.

He has set up his own companies, including a political consultancy firm CIC Solutions, based in Washington DC, and Titan Strategies LLC, and has held senior positions at various lobbying groups.

Originally from Philadelphia, he now lives in Kentucky with his wife Valori and their daughter.

He's just the gift that keeps on giving, isn't he?

Lawl.. he keeps screwing up. Surprise anyone is hiring him.

I am surprised the political hacks do not have a social network with ratings. This would allow them to avoid clusterfucks like this one. This sounds like a great idea I could get a few million in funding for. Ka-ching. Make Jesse the VP of Sales. His elevator pitch: if it wasn't for our network you might end up hiring somebody like me.

Two words. Greed, Karma. Enough said.
    "I am a bird"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is Jesse Benton the real name of da collins?
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    He's just the gift that keeps on giving, isn't he?
    I think I coined the phrase "Bentonitis."

Jesse Benton to be October Surprise against Trump

This guy is toxic.

http://www.targetliberty.com/2016/10...ble-jesse.html

Here are the facts on the latest escapade of the bumbling Benton as reported by The Times:
    A video posted on Monday by a British newspaper appeared to show a Republican consultant with ties to Donald J. Trump offering to disguise the source of contributions to a “super PAC” intended to aid Mr. Trump’s presidential campaign.

In an accompanying article, the newspaper, The Telegraph, wrote that two of its reporters, posing as representatives of a Chinese national who supported Mr. Trump as the Republican presidential nominee, had proposed making a $2 million contribution in support of him. According to the newspaper, the G.O.P. consultant, Jesse Benton, had proposed routing the contribution through his own public relations firm and into nonprofit groups that do not disclose their donors, disguising the foreign source. The groups would then make the contribution to the super PAC, known as Great America PAC, or spend it to benefit Mr. Trump.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Paging Mr. Collins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Once a snake, always a snake.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Yet Hillary Receiving Foreign donations is completely normal

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jesse Benton: The gift that keeps on giving?
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    Jesse Benton: The gift that keeps on giving?
    VVV

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Bentonism. Kinda like Botulism, only worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    Paging Mr. Collins.
    //

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Don't you think maybe there should perhaps be a fair trial and due process first?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Yet Hillary Receiving Foreign donations is completely normal
    Yeah, it's pretty normal for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

What a dumbass. Everyone know you just start a foundation and then you don't have to hide the offshore bribes. Worked for the Clintons...

LOL. Whut? *facepalm*
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Benton is a swindler, a liar, he's just telling the guy what he wants to hear to take the $2million for himself.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Benton is a swindler, a liar, he's just telling the guy what he wants to hear to take the $2million for himself.
    That should be his defense. "It wasn't a FEC violation. It was fraud. Honest."
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Meh. I have no problem with people getting around unjust laws.

Benton should stay the FK away from Rand Paul or anyone else of importance or it is good game.

Jesse is so hot and when he speaks you can tell you are dealing with a man of high intelligence and integrity.

Has the film been released in full? Or are we just only seeing stuff out of context?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Has the film been released in full? Or are we just only seeing stuff out of context?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Jesse is so hot and when he speaks you can tell you are dealing with a man of high intelligence and integrity.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast