Thread: Epic Privacy Browser Is Epic

Epic Privacy Browser Is Epic

Epic is a private browser that's fast, simple and actually works. When you're using Epic with our encrypted proxy on, your data is encrypted and hidden from the government, from your ISP, from Google, from your employer, and from hundreds of data collectors. On close of Epic, there's no easily accessible record of your browsing history left on your computer.

I finally installed the "Snowden approved" Epic Privacy Browser, and played around with it for a few days on a refurbished Win 7 laptop.

I found it easy to use/configure, and the speed was acceptable to me. As a matter of whatever, the "pace" of the search results has really grown on me.
    Support privacy? Feels great. Understanding how computer privacy works? I've got a whole bunch to learn.

Diaspora and Epic worked fine together.
    Wire and Epic didn't work together. I spent zero time trying to get them to work together. Not sure if they are even supposed to work together. More to learn, again.

Do you use Epic?

Whaddayaknow?
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yup. Third browser tho. For lame $#@! like microsoft that demands that no cookies be blocked, ever. I $#@!ing hate what the internet has turned in to.

For those not in the know, Epic is a Chromium based browser meaning its core was created by Google, but it has been heavily modified so it doesnt send everything you do back to Google.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

It's soooo slow. I can't stand it.

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    thats a deal killer for me... glad you said something before I tried it out.. if you like speed i recommend slimjet browser

Interesting. I did not find it slow at all. Some pages, with lots of flash and cookies, like Zero Hedge, are loading much faster than Chrome.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    thats a deal killer for me... glad you said something before I tried it out.. if you like speed i recommend slimjet browser
    Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Interesting. I did not find it slow at all. Some pages, with lots of flash and cookies, like Zero Hedge, are loading much faster than Chrome.
    I should have clarified a little. It's only slow when the proxy is enabled. But without the proxy, it's pointless isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Yup. Third browser tho. For lame $#@! like microsoft that demands that no cookies be blocked, ever. I $#@!ing hate what the internet has turned in to.

For those not in the know, Epic is a Chromium based browser meaning its core was created by Google, but it has been heavily modified so it doesnt send everything you do back to Google.
    Sounds like "Iron".
    http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php

aside from the proxy, but anyone can set up a proxy.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 10-25-2016 at 12:29 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Sounds like "Iron".
    http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php

aside from the proxy, but anyone can set up a proxy.
    Agreed, but not all Proxies or even VPNs are the same. Browsers do have some default settings that allow getting a users real IP address, such as DNS Leaks, etc, and that totally defeats the purpose of both proxies and VPNs.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

Uh, no not everyone can set up a proxy. Like - me.

Is it just me, or is anyone else raising an eyebrow at an "epic" privacy browser that is available on Windows but not on Linux?

I mean, that's sort of like trying to waterproof a colander ...
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Is it just me, or is anyone else raising an eyebrow at an "epic" privacy browser that is available on Windows but not on Linux?

I mean, that's sort of like trying to waterproof a colander ...
    It's not just you.

I'd rather not deal with Windows at all. At the moment, Windows is the only thing I've found to offer an easy use of a Wacom stylus and pad.

I'd like to think Epic was/is a "F U" to Windows first and foremost. But how would I really know?
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

check out privateinternetaccess.com $3/mo
    their tech support will stick with you until the VPN works

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Epic did do a very good job of making it easy enough for everyone.

In the Epic browser, there is a button in the upper right hand corner you click to connect to their Proxy, or to disconnect from it. Theres no other setup involved with it. It does have some drawbacks tho as speeds are quite a bit lower than standard browsing, but the upside is AT&T doesnt get to spy on you and sell that data, which will make people safer in the long run.
    1776 > 1984

So it sounds like if I have my own system-level proxy that does not slow me down at all, then I can use this browser with out engaging ITS proxy, and thus have all the protection with none of the slowdown.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    So it sounds like if I have my own system-level proxy that does not slow me down at all, then I can use this browser with out engaging ITS proxy, and thus have all the protection with none of the slowdown.
    That is basically what I do with PIA (Private Internet Access, VPN $3/mo), use Epic, but mainly rely on the VPN and skip Epic's built in Proxy.
    1776 > 1984

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Epic Privacy Browser works with jitsi.

It worked using a jitsi meet link between a chromebook and a Win7 laptop. Surprising? I have know idea. lol

Is jitsi secure? (I have no illusions about security using a chromebook or a Windows machine)
    Parts of jitsi look pretty promising to this ignorant noob. So much to learn. lol
    Ron Paul