Thread: Assuming Hillary wins, focus will be back on economy.

Assuming Hillary wins, focus will be back on economy.

The economic news has been on hold for the last 6 months or so. I think this is some sort of record for the Dow trading in such a narrow range for this long. Assuming Hillary wins, my guess is that the focus will back on the economy.

Some things I think will be interesting to watch for:

20 trillion debt mark.

Will Hillary launch a new round of govt stimulus, especially if the democrats take the senate?

Will the Fed launch QE4?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Senate will be close , but even if it is within a couple , the dems can always find a couple rhinos to vote on any welfare
    Do something Danke

No QE4 but probable on the other two.

Nuclear Levels of QE Are Coming… The Markets Are About to “Get It”
    Graham Summers

The Central Banks are going to go absolutely nuclear within the next 18 months.

In the last few weeks we’ve seen the Bank of Japan, the Bank of England, the European Central, and the US Federal Reserve all push for fiscal stimulus instead of monetary stimulus.

What this means is that Central Banks are collectively said to ying, “We have reached the end of what QE and rate cuts can do, it’s now the Government’s responsibility to juice the system.”

Everyone believes this to signal that the Central Banks are done with monetary policy. They are… but only until the next major problem hits.

The ONLY reason that Central Banks are pulling back now is because the system has calmed down. I GUARANTEE you that as soon as the US is in a confirmed recession, or some other negative issue hits, we will see NUCLEAR rounds of QE announced.

Consider the following, since 2008, Central Banks have announced over 600 interest rate cuts and over $10 TRILLION in QE.

During that time, there has not been a SINGLE month in which there was not at least ONE Central Bank engaged in QE. NOT ONE SINGLE MONTH.

And this was during a “recovery.”

Indeed, consider that as I write this, the ECB and BoJ are engaged in a RECORD QE program of $180 BILLION per month.

And we are not even in another recession yet!

The moment another recession hits we are going to see MASSIVE QE programs announced. How do I know this?

GOLD HAS BROKEN OUT OF ITS MULTI-YEAR DOWNTREND PRICED IN EVERY MAJOR CURRENCY.

Below is Gold’s chart prices in $USD, the Japanese Yen, and the Euro. Gold has BROKEN OUT big time in $USD and Euros. It’s about to do the same in Yen.

Gold has figured it out. NUCLEAR levels of QE are coming. And they will be coming from Every. Major. Central. Bank.

Over 99% of investors have missed this. They continue to focus on stocks. They’re missing a once in 30 years event that has begun in the metals markets.

HUGE money will be made from this trend going forward.

Best Regards

Graham Summers

Chief Market Strategist

Phoenix Capital Research

phoenixcapitalresearch.com/

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/10.16/getit.html
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by Danke; 10-24-2016 at 03:15 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

David Rosenberg Calls For A Multi-Trillion, "Helicopter Money" Stimulus Package

With the inherent weakness in US GDP and the rising probability of a recession (two weeks ago Bank of America modeled that the next recession would likely start roughly one year from now), Gluskin Sheff's David Rosenberg thinks that with monetary options exhausted it will take a fiscal boost in the trillions of dollars to kickstart the economy. These issues were discussed in an extended interview with Real Vision TV, where the chief economist and strategist at Gluskin Sheff proposed some radical policies to engineer the growth needed in nominal income.

His ideas, some of which can be seen here in a clip of the interview, include helicopter money attached to a $2 trillion perpetual bond, massive infrastructure spending and measures to tackle the $1 trillion student debt load that has seriously hamstrung the economy.

Here are some of the interview highlights:

Doing the Same Thing Over Again and Expecting a Different Outcome

Whether the US will in fact experience the technical definition of a recession is a matter of fervent debate, with the odds something like 20%-30%, according to Rosenberg (60% according to Deutsche Bank), but with growth averaging around 1%, there is no doubt the economy is weak.

“There are some people saying a recession is here right now,” Rosenberg says, “I don't think that we meet those conditions yet. But people say, well, look. Twelve months in a row of negative year on year industrial production, that's never happened outside recession, check. We've had now going into six quarters of profit contraction, year over year. That's only happened in the context of a recession, check. I mean, all that is true, but so much of this has been related to the oil shock that we had.”

Rosenberg’s problem with monetary policy, now in its 7th year of unorthodox experimentation, is that it has become a weak antidote to structural problems in the economy (even if it is still quite potent at boosting financial asets). Fiscal policy on the other hand, if constructed right, could be the answer due to its very powerful multiplier impact. “I can't say that I know for sure, but it's the old Einstein adage about the definition of insanity,” Rosenberg said. “And we're finding that we're really-- if we're not hitting the wall on monetary policy, we're certainly seeing classic economics 101 of the law of diminishing returns.”

In terms of infrastructure spending, he said that one lesson from recent history and the Great Recession is that you've got to have the credibility to convince people that this is going to be permanent and not temporary, in terms of the impact on the economy. “So it can't be transitory. It's got to be very big. With interest rates as low as they are, there's certainly the capacity. I mean, you've got a lot of governments around the world issuing 50 or 100-year bonds. So this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to borrow money.”

A Couple of Trillion Dollars of Helicopter Money

While companies have been taking advantage of these conditions to borrow money, the funds have not been invested in the real economy. Share buybacks have become more popular, while personal savings rates have increased amid the economic uncertainty. This all boils down to a big case for government spending, with monetary policy joining forces with fiscal policy in the form of helicopter money.

“What you do with helicopter money is you finance it off the central bank's balance sheet because we're talking doing something very dramatic to reflate the economy,” Rosenberg said. “It's not a few hundred billion dollars. It's a couple of trillion...I know I'll get accused of bailing out the sinners, but, my lord, we've already done that. I mean, nobody went to jail.”

One of the things holding the economy back is the $1 trillion student debt load, which he said has left 35% of males aged 18 to 34 living with mom and dad, not getting jobs and not becoming first time home buyers. Employment growth for the 65s and over is 7%, meanwhile, as the aging boomers have to work longer because they didn’t save enough for retirement.

“Helicopter money is QE plus where, say, the treasury issues a perpetual-- call it, like, a century bond, a $2 trillion bond on the Fed's balance sheet. And so when that bond matures, it's, like, we're all dead in the long run at that point. And then the Treasury can use that money to stimulate growth. "

The beauty of this idea, according to Rosenberg is that you don’t have to go through Congress, with such difficulty in achieving corporate or personal tax reform. “It would lead to a permanent increase in the monetary base. Inflation expectations would go up, which means that real interest rates would go negative. And the theory is that that would provide a bigger thrust towards getting what we all want, which is sustainable and accelerating nominal income growth.“

Real Risk of Fed Mistakes or Trump Trade War

Sustainable and accelerating nominal GDP is certainly what’s required while the risk persists that we could be shocked into recession, or the Fed could make a mistake in raising interest rates too aggressively.

“That's what happened in December of last year. They raised rates 25 basis points, but the overall financial tightening, in terms of what it meant for the dollar or in credit spreads and the stock market, it was really, like, 75 basis points of tightening. And the next thing you know, the economy slows to stall speed."

Another concern for investors is the prospect of a Trump presidency, bringing with it the potential start of a trade war. That could provide the sort of exogenous shock to cause the economy to go into recession, Rosenberg stated, noting that historically all the recessions in the post war period have been created by the Fed.

“The problem is that when you have the economy running on average 1% growth, or 1% plus, which is not a big cushion. And so, you know, it's a complicated question to try and handicap a recession on us right now. There's a lot of people out there that are convinced that a recession is coming.”

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...imulus-package
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I wonk sleep a wink just thinking about it.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

http://www.christendom.edu/news/pilgrimage-to-rome/

http://legatus.org/event/our-lady-of...pe-pilgrimage/

http://legatus.org/fruitfulpartnership/
    “When we sold our business, we knew all along that we were only using God’s money,” he explained. “If our business succeeded, it was only because God had things to do with our money. We had many opportunities to give money away, but deciding where it can do the most good can be as much effort as making it in the first place. Becoming a Steward of St. Peter was an easy choice.”
    Last edited by devil21; 10-25-2016 at 02:48 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Bwa ha ha ha ha! Title is hilarious!

Er, wait, unless... does she mean that she will finish the collapse of the economy?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Bwa ha ha ha ha! Title is hilarious!

Er, wait, unless... does she mean that she will finish the collapse of the economy?
    I didn't mean "Hillary's" focus will be on the economy. The less she does the better. I meant the focus of the "news" in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    The economic news has been on hold for the last 6 months or so. I think this is some sort of record for the Dow trading in such a narrow range for this long. Assuming Hillary wins, my guess is that the focus will back on the economy.

Some things I think will be interesting to watch for:

20 trillion debt mark.

Will Hillary launch a new round of govt stimulus, especially if the democrats take the senate?

Will the Fed launch QE4?
    I think that would immediately send gold to 1475 and silver over 21 .
    Do something Danke

What impact does a Legatus pilgrimage have on the US economy?
    Legatus is the new Jubilee which was the new Shemitah which was the new Mayan Calendar, ad infinitum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

What impact does a Legatus pilgrimage have on the US economy?
    We have to play this game yet again Zip? Thanks for the softball over the plate though....

Tithe payments to the Vatican, received during the pilgrimages, come out of various stock market funds. It's "God's money". The fund draw-downs trigger sell-offs. December market crash to time up with public rate hike announcement from the Fed but only a cover story for the real reason of massive outflows.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Legatus is the new Jubilee which was the new Shemitah which was the new Mayan Calendar, ad infinitum.
    It's apparently a lot of work hiding the theft of the fruits of people's labor. That translates to a lot of work uncovering the true cause and perpetrators of the theft.
    Last edited by devil21; 10-26-2016 at 02:25 AM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    December market crash
    December now? That would be your fourth crash prediction for this year.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

I think people will start worrying about their cash assets and start moving their money out of federal banks into local banks and maybe not use a bank. I also think alternate currency might become more mainstream and more preferred.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Yay! Hillary and Trump are going to devise new ways to regulate the economy! I love it when politicians "focus" on the economy.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    December now? That would be your fourth crash prediction for this year.
    It ain't easy wading through the layers upon layers of misdirection. Should have just stuck with the "known known", the Vatican tithe payments that coincide with the end of Presidential terms.

It ain't easy wading through the layers upon layers of misdirection. Should have just stuck with the "known known", the Vatican tithe payments that coincide with the end of Presidential terms.
    They have pilgramages every year- sometimes twice a year. And nothing happens. What happened last year when they visited the Lady of Guatalupe in October for example? http://legatus.org/event/our-lady-of...pe-pilgrimage/
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-26-2016 at 01:35 PM.

They have pilgramages every year- sometimes twice a year. And nothing happens. What happened last year when they visited the Lady of Guatalupe in October for example? http://legatus.org/event/our-lady-of...pe-pilgrimage/
    Dunno. Didn't bother to look at market movements to see if any correlation. The end of Pres administrations is the reset, however. And since the Jubilee ends just prior to December, God only knows (literally) what the end of this cycle will bring. DB crash? Major war provocation? Asteroid, perhaps? D. All of the above? Both the Pope and the Queen were reported as saying variations of "2015 is the last Christmas".
    Last edited by devil21; 10-26-2016 at 01:51 PM.

And since the Jubilee ends just prior to December, God only knows (literally) what the end of this cycle will bring. DB crash? Major war provocation? Asteroid, perhaps? D. All of the above?
    Jubilee ended already. October 2nd. You missed it. http://areyouready.co.za/Jubilee-Year

The 7th Shmita is the 49th sabbath rest year with the 50th year being Jubilee (September 23, 2015 - October 2, 2016).
    So what happened when the Jubilee year came to an end?

Dunno. Didn't bother to look at market movements to see if any correlation.
    Have you checked ANY of them? Is there any correlation between Legatus and the US economy?

Last year we were warned to watch out for the Legatus Pilgrimage and also the Shmitah and something big might happen too. Nothing.

Both the Pope and the Queen were reported as saying variations of "2015 is the last Christmas".
    Link?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-26-2016 at 01:56 PM.

20 Trillion debt is a given.

Hillary will definitely try for more stimulus. That's essentially the same thing as this "jobs bill" that the Dems have been pushing for the past 5 years.

And she'll get it in some form too. The partisan makeup of the two houses of Congress will only affect the form of the stimulus, and whether the picture is painted as a win or a loss for either side. But the Republicans won't have any hesitation about doling out more corporate welfare.

Jubilee ended already. October 2nd. You missed it. http://areyouready.co.za/Jubilee-Year
    Catholic Jubilee, not the intentional misdirection that was the Shemitah jubilee, though they are biblically related but clearly different calendars. Both are about letting the fields rest after 7 years of harvesting. It is allegory for collecting the labor of the slaves.

So what happened when the Jubilee year came to an end?
    It hasn't ended. Stop adding to the misdirection by continuing with the Shemitah stuff. The official Catholic calendar has the Jubilee from the Feast of Immaculate Conception to the Holy Mass Of Our Lord Jesus Christ King Of The Universe (that's quite a name and quite flattering, being of the bloodline).

December 8 2015 - November 20 2016.
    Last edited by devil21; 10-26-2016 at 02:06 PM.

What happened after the end of the last Jubilee Year (1966)? 1916? What is the historical record for the impact of the Jubliee year which makes you think it likely something big will happen this time?

Under "list of US Recessions" there are none between 1961 and 1969.
    1916? Again, none between 1914 and 1918. No US economic crisis related to the Jubliee year. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

Lord Jesus Christ King Of The Universe (that's quite a name and quite flattering since I am of the bloodline).
    You are a direct descendant of Jesus Christ- King of the Universe? Didn't know he fathered any children.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-26-2016 at 02:14 PM.

What happened after the end of the last Jubilee Year (1966)? 1916? What is the historical record for the impact of the Jubliee year?
    Same time frame as WW1 and Gulf of Tonkin...definitely a war correlation. And it appears to be holding true this time around also.

You are a direct descendant of Jesus Christ- King of the Universe?
    Something like that.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Same time frame as WW1 and Gulf of Tonkin...definitely a war correlation. And it appears to be holding true this time around also.

Something like that.
    WWI started two years before that. Nope- not a correlation.

Gulf of Tonkin- 1964- also two years before.

WWI started two years before that. Nope- not a correlation.
    Gulf of Tonkin happened two years prior also. One could argue the Syrian conflict started about 2 years ago also and we see where that looks to be heading.

Sorry to OP for the thread hijack. It's way too easy to trigger Zippy with Legatus stuff

And....Hillary lost