Thread: Question for TER and other EO Christians on Iraq and Syrian Christians

Question for TER and other EO Christians on Iraq and Syrian Christians

Note this is a geopolitical and historical discussion (and hopefully will stay that way) and not a theological one. I'm trying to get a handle on what I see going on.

I just thought about this today. My understanding is that the Russian Church is affiliated somewhat with the Eastern Orthodox Church. Vladimir Putin, despite having been KGB and no doubt at one time oppressing the church, seems awful friendly with the Russian Church. And I'm totally fine with that as so far I haven't seen any oppression of other groups.

What I have seen in Putin taking a real "red line in the sand" with regards to not allowing Assad to fall. Here is what conservative Christian evangelist Franklin Graham had to say about what Putin is doing in Syria.

https://eeds/watch?v=IWX44PqYc6c

Graham also seems sympathetic to the stance Putin has taken on gay adoption. Note that even liberal Cookie Roberts cannot refute the social science on mothers and fathers (male and female) being the ideal parents.

So all of this makes me wonder if Putin is, at least in part, motivated by Christianity for his military action in Syria? Yes there are other reasons. Russia needs access to Syrian waters. Syria is a strategic location for the flow of oil and natural gas. Russia, China, Syria and other countries have a mutual defense pact. (India is part of that pact as well). But I'm wondering if there is a connection between the Russian Church and the Syrian and Chaldeon (Iraqi) churches?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Syria is Antioch-one of the Eastern Orthodox Patriarchates (along with Russia). It is home to one of the world's oldest Christian communities and Churches. The two are in perfect communion. That is, a Russian could receive the sacraments at a Syrian Antiochian parish and vice versa. IIRC, the Chaldeon Church is one of the Oriental Orthodox Churches with is schismatic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acts 11:26
    and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.
    That's all I can think of to say about it ATM. I'll let my Orthodox brothers and sisters have the floor nao.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 10-23-2016 at 02:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Here you go...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6015578

Some other relative links there, too.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 10-23-2016 at 08:48 PM.

Thanks HB and NC! So that kind of confirms what I was thinking. Putin could be looking at the war in Syrian and part as a way to protect the regions Christians which puts the U.S. in a very odd and precarious role as supporters of, dare I say it, jihad?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.