Thread: Military Times: Mere 15 Percent of Troops Approve of Obama

Military Times: Mere 15 Percent of Troops Approve of Obama

This seems to be the most recent poll in public news, not clear if orders were issued to conduct no more polling of US troops view towards commander-in-chief or later polls are being kept private for fear that public would find out about crashing morale of troops under current CiC's leadership.

Military Times: Mere 15 Percent of Troops Approve of Obama

US military morale hits rock bottom, Obama approval rating among troops at 15%

July 2, 2015

In the past, flagging morale may have been attributable to factors like repeated Iraq or Afghanistan deployments.

But a 2014 Military Times study suggests a financial cause for flagging morale: “In 2009, 87 percent of active-duty troops who participated in Military Times’ survey rated their pay and allowances ‘good’ or ‘excellent,'” the newspaper reported. “This year, the figure was just 44 percent.”
    The US government increased military pay just 1 percent in 2014, the smallest hike in 41 years and down from a 3.9 percent raise in 2009 and a 6.9 percent jump in 2002, according to the Military Times.

Few of the soldiers polled believed their situation would improve: 70 percent of those Military Times surveyed said that they expected quality of life under military employment to decrease further in the future.
    Pay and benefits aren’t the only cause of pessimism in the ranks. Some in the military worry that the the armed forces aren’t being adequately led into the future, and declining morale could signal a general lack of confidence in the military’s leadership.

MSNBC reports that in 2011 ” only 26 percent of Army leaders who participated agreed with the statement that the Army ‘is headed in the right direction to prepare for the challenges of the next 10 years.'”

Related

The 12-Year War: 73% of U.S. Casualties in Afghanistan on Obama's Watch

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The US government increased military pay just 1 percent in 2014, the smallest hike in 41 years and down from a 3.9 percent raise in 2009 and a 6.9 percent jump in 2002, according to the Military Times.

Few of the soldiers polled believed their situation would improve: 70 percent of those Military Times surveyed said that they expected quality of life under military employment to decrease further in the future.
    That's unacceptable. Our troops deserve better. I'm writing my congressmen now, to give our troops more of other people's money

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Early indications that Trump has relatively strong support within military:

Related

President Trump honors first military casualty of his presidency by meeting fallen SEAL's coffin

Published: 15:39 EST, 1 February 2017
    Chief Petty Officer William 'Ryan' Owens, a 36-year-old from Illinois, was killed in Sunday's botched raid

President Donald Trump has returned back to the White House alongside his eldest daughter, Ivanka, after they met the coffin of a fallen SEAL Team Six member who was killed in a military raid.
    The arrived duo back at the White House Wednesday evening and walked to the Oval Office to attend the swearing in of Rex Tillerson as the nation's 69th Secretary of State.
    The president and first daughter flew back in to the Capital after they received the body of Chief Special Warfare Officer William 'Ryan' Owens at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware earlier in the day.

President Donald Trump has returned back to the White House alongside his eldest daughter, Ivanka (above), after they mourned the death of a SEAL Team Six member killed in a military raid

Obama plays it cool on the golf course as a wave of terror spread across Europe

Early indications that Trump has relatively strong support within military:

President Trump honors first military casualty of his presidency by meeting fallen SEAL's coffin

Published: 15:39 EST, 1 February 2017
    Chief Petty Officer William 'Ryan' Owens, a 36-year-old from Illinois, was killed in Sunday's botched raid

President Donald Trump has returned back to the White House alongside his eldest daughter, Ivanka (above), after they mourned the death of a SEAL Team Six member killed in a military raid

Obama plays it cool on the golf course as a wave of terror spread across Europe

Trump suggests Obama did not use to call families of soldiers who died under his command:

By Emily Tillett CBS News
    October 17, 2017, 11:55 AM

Trump on Obama calling soldiers' families: "You can ask Gen. Kelly, did he get a call?"

President Trump did not back down from claims he made at the Rose Garden on Monday, in which he appeared to suggest that past presidents, particularly President Obama, did not call the families of soldiers killed in action.
    "President Trump spoke to all four of the families of those who were killed in action in Niger," White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement on Tuesday. "He offered condolences on behalf of a grateful nation and assured them their family's extraordinary sacrifice to the country will never be forgotten."

Asked during an interview with Fox News Radio's Brian Killmeade on Tuesday if he wanted to clarify those comments, Mr. Trump responded, "there's nothing to clarify."
    He added, "If you look at my whole, this was fake news CNN. They are a bunch of fakers, for the most part, for the best of my knowledge I've called every family of somebody that's died, and it's the hardest call to make, I said it loud and clear yesterday."

In another slap at Obama, Mr. Trump said, "Now, as far as other presidents, I don't know, I mean you can ask General Kelly, did he get a call from Obama? You could ask other people. I don't know what Obama's policy was. I write letters and I also call."
    Mr. Trump was referring to Robert Kelly, son of White House Chief of Staff John Kelly, who was killed by an IED while serving as a second lieutenant in Afghanistan in 2010. It was Gen. Joseph Dunford, now the chairmain of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and among Kelly's closest friends, who appeared at his door in Washington D.C., early in the morning to inform him, according to the Washington Post, which also wrote that as soon as Kelly saw Dunford in his service uniform, he knew his son was dead.

A senior administration official says that Obama did not call Kelly after the death of his son.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-o...he-get-a-call/

Related

What is going to be Obama's legacy?