Thread: US number one in gun ownership worldwide. Not in top ten of gun deaths.

Exclamation US number one in gun ownership worldwide. Not in top ten of gun deaths.

Mapped: The countries with the most guns

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ma...the-most-guns/

22 October 2016

The issue of gun control in the US has been eclipsed somewhat by the incendiary nature of this year’s presidential election campaign, but the below map shows just how far ahead of the rest of the world the country is when it comes to owning firearms.

Data from the Small Arms Survey, supported by more recent figures from other sources, puts the US way out in front in terms of guns per 100 residents, with 112.6, meaning there is more than one gun for each American citizen. The US figures come from a 2012 Congressional Research Service report.

Second in the ranking is Serbia, with 75.6. Its firearm habit is in part a hangover from the break-up of Yugoslavia in the Nineties, subsequent wars, as well as gun laws considered liberal by European standards.

The 10 countries with the most guns

USA - 112.6 guns per 100 residents

Serbia - 75.6

Yemen - 54.8

Switzerland - 45.7

Cyprus - 36.4

Saudi Arabia - 35

Iraq - 34.2

Uruguay - 31.8

Sweden - 31.6

Norway - 31.3

Yemen, Switzerland and Cyprus complete the top five, while the UK ranks 82nd in the world, with 6.6 guns per 100 residents.

France, meanwhile, sits just outside the top 10 in 11th, with 31.2.

The 10 countries with the most gun-related deaths

Honduras - 67.18 per 100,000 residents per year

Venezuela - 59.13

Swaziland - 37.16

Guatemala - 34.1

Jamaica - 30.72

El Salvador - 26.77

Colombia - 25.94

Brazil - 21.2

Panama - 15.11

Uruguay - 11.52
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    1.1 guns per person? Not enough. Everyone should have at least 2 guns on them at all times.
    I am the spoon.

Uruguay is the only place that made both top 10's. That place must be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Dang, Gunny. When did you grow that thing? You kind of have that distinguished social studies teacher look going on there, man.

Tell that to Mr. Fat $#@! "I never thought I would vote for Clinton" moveon.org whore Michael Moore..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    1.1 guns per person? Not enough. Everyone should have at least 2 guns on them at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    You're as nerdy as me Gunny! (I was comparing to see if there was any overlap). So I wonder why liberals never spout this statistic?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I could have guessed five of the top 7 . Having been to those 5 , 4 of them are obvious once you are there .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Lowest I ever got to was 4 rifles , 6 shotguns and 4 handguns . Then I went and bought another shotgun & rifle .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    So I wonder why liberals never spout this statistic?

I don't. It conclusively DISproves, AGAIN, their mantra that widespread firearms ownership among we mere Mundanes leads to a more violent society. So naturally they'll do their very best to burry this information and continue to spout the usual lies they've always spouted about guns in an atempt to further their victim disarmament agenda.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

The murder rate is largely due to drug violence.

Mexico has a similar gun ownership rate as most of the European countries that liberals so want the US to be like, but it has 5x the murder rate. It isn
    t a coincidence that the most violent countries are places like Venezuela and Colombia. Liberals choose not to consider that most of the homicides in the US and South and Central America are the result of government intervention in preventing drugs getting to market, not guns. That is correct answer the NRA should give, but unfortunately most their membership are made up of drug warriors.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

I'm doing my part - down to fitting the thumb safety on this one:

To go with the others:

Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Most of my guns don't have safeties.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Most of my guns don't have safeties.
    But, double-action?

Safety? We don't need no steenkeen safety......
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Mapped: The countries with the most guns

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ma...the-most-guns/

22 October 2016

The issue of gun control in the US has been eclipsed somewhat by the incendiary nature of this year’s presidential election campaign, but the below map shows just how far ahead of the rest of the world the country is when it comes to owning firearms.

Data from the Small Arms Survey, supported by more recent figures from other sources, puts the US way out in front in terms of guns per 100 residents, with 112.6, meaning there is more than one gun for each American citizen. The US figures come from a 2012 Congressional Research Service report.

Second in the ranking is Serbia, with 75.6. Its firearm habit is in part a hangover from the break-up of Yugoslavia in the Nineties, subsequent wars, as well as gun laws considered liberal by European standards.

The 10 countries with the most guns

USA - 112.6 guns per 100 residents

Serbia - 75.6

Yemen - 54.8

Switzerland - 45.7

Cyprus - 36.4

Saudi Arabia - 35

Iraq - 34.2

Uruguay - 31.8

Sweden - 31.6

Norway - 31.3

Yemen, Switzerland and Cyprus complete the top five, while the UK ranks 82nd in the world, with 6.6 guns per 100 residents.

France, meanwhile, sits just outside the top 10 in 11th, with 31.2.

The 10 countries with the most gun-related deaths

Honduras - 67.18 per 100,000 residents per year

Venezuela - 59.13

Swaziland - 37.16

Guatemala - 34.1

Jamaica - 30.72

El Salvador - 26.77

Colombia - 25.94

Brazil - 21.2

Panama - 15.11

Uruguay - 11.52

I can make the case that the US number is low. Manufacturers data supplied to the ATF indicates over 250 million new guns have been made since 1999. Call it the 80/20 rules on percentages, and the number could be over 1 billion firearms are privately possessed in the US. What a thought - no?
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.