Thread: Nurses In Australia Face Punishment For Promoting Anti-Vaccination Messages Via Social Media

Nurses In Australia Face Punishment For Promoting Anti-Vaccination Messages Via Social Media

https://news.slashdot.org/story/16/1...a-social-media

Medical Express reports that nurses and midwives promoting anti-vaccination messages in Australia could face punishment including being slapped with a caution and having their ability to practice medicine restricted. Serious cases could be referred to an industry tribunal, where practitioners could face harsher penalties such as having their registration suspended or cancelled. The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia released the vaccination standards in response to what it described as a small number of nurses and midwives promoting anti-vaccination via social media. The statement also urges members of the public to report nurses or midwives promoting anti-vaccination. Promoting false, misleading or deceptive information is an offense under national law and is prosecutable by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency. "The board will consider whether the nurse or midwife has breached their professional obligations and will treat these matters seriously," the statement said. However Dr. Hannah Dahlen, a professor of midwifery at the University of Western Sydney and the spokeswoman for the Australian College of Midwives, worries the crackdown may push people with anti-vaccination views further underground. "The worry is the confirmation bias that can occur, because people might say: 'There you go, this is proof that you can't even have an alternative opinion.' It might in fact just give people more fuel for their belief systems."
    Thought Police. Do not talk about what you are not allowed to talk about.

To be fair, I've never read Australia's Constitution, so, not sure if / how their Free Speech is protected at all. If it is not, however, absolute evidence for Thought Police. Look, we are all gonna have our opinions on everything. In order for us to to resolve differences, we need to be able to talk about it. It will never be the Popular thing that needs to be afforded the protections of Freedom of Speech, it is the Unpopular thing, so even if people say some things that I personally disagree with, above all else, I absolutely defend their RIGHT to say those things, yes, even Zippy.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The statement also urges members of the public to report nurses or midwives promoting anti-vaccination. Promoting false, misleading or deceptive information is an offense under national law and is prosecutable by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
    It's clear their Allegiance should be with Big pHARMa--so of course those nurses will be punished for cautioning people about vaccines. Even though Big pHARMa promotes false, misleading and deceptive ways to push their vaccines on the public.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    It's clear their Allegiance should be with Big pHARMa--so of course those nurses will be punished for cautioning people about vaccines. Even though Big pHARMa promotes false, misleading and deceptive ways to push their vaccines on the public.
    For the part you quoted, Brown Shirts need to turn in Anti Vaccers. Oh, and BE AFRAID of any that even dare mention spreading an "Unapproved Idea".
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

I mean. I think that anti-vaccinations are pretty dumb, and the logic of it all is false. But I don't think you should be punished for thinking that or posting on it on a social media website. It's different if it's your job and you refuse to do it, but talking about it on social media among peers shouldn't allow you to be punished.

Quote Originally Posted by Suitandtie View Post
    I mean. I think that anti-vaccinations are pretty dumb, and the logic of it all is false. But I don't think you should be punished for thinking that or posting on it on a social media website. It's different if it's your job and you refuse to do it, but talking about it on social media among peers shouldn't allow you to be punished.
    Its not different even if it is your job. Your employer does not own your body, thus, it is beyond the scope of their authority. Problem here is exploitation of the law for profit. If I wanted to get rich, or richer, and all I had to do was to pass a law that said everyone is required to buy my product, there is the get rich scheme in a nutshell. They hide behind the Fear that they Monger, hence Fearmongers. Be afraid of the unvaccinated. Look, since its your body, you can do what you want with it, get a flu vaccine or not, that is totally your choice. In fact, if you are afraid of catching the flu, go ahead and get a flu vaccine. If youre vaccinated and Im not, what exactly are you afraid of? And, what can you do about it that doesnt violate the equal rights of others? Truthfully all any of us can do is to govern our own bodies as we see fit.

Something else that very well may help is if the medical staff also had sufficient sick time to use for times when they are sick, thus, not infecting patients without violating the "I own myself" concept of every free human being.

The big problem here, as addressed in the title, is no longer about the "I own myself" concept, but the Right to even speak about it, let alone think about it for ones self. What happened here? Did they think that the thoughts and minds of all employees suddenly become property of their employers? Its not, and all people need to be able to discuss things without restriction so that those people may learn from both the positive and negative aspects of the conclusions drawn.

Other point here is that there is no addressing the Surveillance State: "Without Privacy, EVERYTHING is subject to approval", including what a persons opinion is on vaccines or the "I own myself" concept.
    1776 > 1984