Thread: EPA Expands Power by Calling Plowed Farm Fields 'Mini Mountain Ranges'

EPA Expands Power by Calling Plowed Farm Fields 'Mini Mountain Ranges'

More from the agency that calls puddles “wetlands”
    http://knuckledraggin.com/2016/10/mo...dles-wetlands/

When farmers plow their land, it produces grooves called “furrows,” bordered by small ridges of dirt.

But in pursuit of new regulatory powers, federal agencies refer to the little dirt mounds by another term: “mini mountain ranges.” That seemingly absurd distinction is being used to impose more federal control over private land use decisions made by U.S. farmers.
    [...]
    The rule would allow puddles, tire ruts and standing water to be labeled “disturbed wetlands” and regulated under the Clean Water Act. The Senate committee report states the rule would allow EPA to get around legal limits to its authority over ditches, draws, low areas, or other wet areas by simply calling them a “regulated tributary” or “wetland.”

The report concludes that if the EPA and Corps interpretations were allowed, “most if not all plowing” would be considered a “discharge of a pollutant” and require a federal permit.

[...]
    The Corps even tries to argue that these newly created small mountain ranges hamper the growth and development of wetland plant species, apparently ignoring the fact that farmlands are managed to produce crops, not cattails,” Hayes said in an email. “No reasonable regulation of the nation’s farmland can demand farmers produce crops without moving dirt, or expect farmers to produce wetland plant species instead of corn or wheat.”

Daren Bakst, a research fellow in agricultural policy at The Heritage Foundation, said it is not surprising that the EPA and Army Corps claim furrowing can create small mountain ranges.

“Does kicking a pebble next to water create a mini-meteor? Is a puddle a mini-ocean? Who knows?” Bakst wrote in an email. “The moral of the story is furrows will mean what they want them to mean until the courts stop them. Of course, Congress should have been stopping this nonsense a long time ago.”
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know this is a disgusting expansion of power that we see here once again, but I'm laughing so $#@!in' hard.

"Does kicking a pebble next to water create a mini-meteor?"

Jesus Class A act. Government Agencies are so ridiculous that it's hard to believe. How does the common person even take them seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

And Boobus pays attention to the bright-n-shiny objects on the Tee-Vee.........

These edicts take place daily in all levels of government, the perpetrators are beyond sanction or reproach and even if interrogated and exposed they'll be rewarded and the edicts will stand.

There is no 'fixing' this government....

well, when you're lower than a snakes belly, everything looks like a mountain...

And Boobus wants this.

More of it, in fact.

Thus Madame President.

That is where "we" consistently fail...thinking that even one out of thousand in the Benighted States of AmeriKa is outraged by such fatwas and dictates.

Most of Boobus could not care less, or thinks it is a good and needed "control".

Well and truly $#@!ed, we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And Boobus wants this.

More of it, in fact.

Thus Madame President.

That is where "we" consistently fail...thinking that even one out of thousand in the Benighted States of AmeriKa is outraged by such fatwas and dictates.

Most of Boobus could not care less, or thinks it is a good and needed "control".

Meanwhile another member of the Bundy family is nearing the end of his "trial" for having the audacity to stand up to them..

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Meanwhile another member of the Bundy family is nearing the end of his "trial" for having the audacity to stand up to them..
    And Joseph Robertson is awaiting sentencing. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...over-Agenda-21
    Last edited by phill4paul; 10-20-2016 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    And Joseph Robertson is awaiting sentencing. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...over-Agenda-21
    I saw that yesterday when you posted it....

If/when a fellow get a terminal diagnosis there are causes to think about.......

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    I know this is a disgusting expansion of power that we see here once again, but I'm laughing so $#@!in' hard.

"Does kicking a pebble next to water create a mini-meteor?"

Jesus Class A act. Government Agencies are so ridiculous that it's hard to believe. How does the common person even take them seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And Boobus wants this.

More of it, in fact.

Thus Madame President.

"If it doesn't effect me, I don't give a $#@!."

"But MUH regulations."
    Last edited by John F Kennedy III; 10-21-2016 at 03:51 AM.
    I am the spoon.