Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arrested after saying verboten word

Arrested after saying verboten word

From Drudge;

Veteran TV reporter harassed with racial slurs; man arrested

http://www.wyff4.com/news/Veteran-TV...ested/42171586

CHARLESTON, S.C. —Racial slurs against a veteran TV news reporter were caught on camera by the reporter’s videographer, and the man who is accused of hurling the insults was arrested.

Longtime reporter and documentarian Steve Crump, 59, of WBTV in Charlotte was in downtown Charleston on Oct. 8 working on Hurricane Matthew coverage. He and his photographer had just finished an interview and were walking to their news van on Broad Street when a man who was sitting on the sidewalk, later identified as Brian Eybers of Virginia, called Crump a racial slur, authorities said.

On video, Crump is recorded walking over to the man and asking if he called him the n-word, to which Eybers responds, “Yes, I believe I did.”

Eybers then said the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and God gave him the right to call Crump slurs, and he said he is “superior” to Crump.

"You really are a (slur),” Eybers says. “You’re ignorant.”

With Eybers recording on his iPad and WBTV photographer Devin Futrelle shooting video, the verbal confrontation continued until Crump got into the news vehicle. Eybers then positioned himself in front of the vehicle so Crump and Futrelle could not leave.

Crump called police and told them he was being harassed and was called the n-word by a guy who wouldn’t get out of the way, and he asked for someone to come and “run him off.”

Police arrived at the scene, and ended up putting Eybers in handcuffs on the front steps of a nearby Catholic church.

According to a police report, Eybers was arrested for disorderly conduct. Officers said they also found a crack pipe in his possession. The report said Eybers admitted calling Crump the racial slur.

Eybers was booked on charges of congregating for an unlawful purpose and possession of drug paraphernalia.

He is being held in the Charleston County Detention Center with bond set at $722.

The Charlotte Observer reported that Eybers, who listed a home address in Arlington, Virginia, is a guitarist in a band called Face Control. It was not immediately clear what he was doing in Charleston.

Crump has covered the Ku Klux Klan and interviewed many of its leaders over the years, both with hoods and without, The Charlotte Observer reported.

“None of them have ever called me the n-word,” Crump told the newspaper.
    Last edited by tod evans; 10-21-2016 at 06:14 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Eybers was booked on charges of congregating for an unlawful purpose
    I suppose he had a mouse in his pocket.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Ah, Drudge is at it again trying to stoke racial flames by posting this article with a very questionable and possibly misleading headline. For anyone who is too lazy to read the actual article, Brian Eybers did not get arrested for calling Mr. Crumps the n-word, he was arrested for this.

Crump called police and told them he was being harassed and was called the n-word by a guy who wouldn’t get out of the way, and he asked for someone to come and “run him off.”
    and the charges that were filed against him are
    According to a police report, Eybers was arrested for disorderly conduct. Officers said they also found a crack pipe in his possession. The report said Eybers admitted calling Crump the racial slur.
    In conclusion, the headline gives the impression that a man was arrested for saying the n word when in fact he was arrested for not getting out of the way of Mr. Crump. Personally, I wouldn't get all hot and bothered if someone called me the n ward and I definitely wouldn't have confronted him. But again like using the n word, confronting someone who insulted you is NOT a crime. You do not get arrested for calling someone the n word

From Drudge;

Veteran TV reporter harassed with racial slurs; man arrested

http://www.wyff4.com/news/Veteran-TV...ested/42171586

CHARLESTON, S.C. —Racial slurs against a veteran TV news reporter were caught on camera by the reporter’s videographer, and the man who is accused of hurling the insults was arrested.

Longtime reporter and documentarian Steve Crump, 59, of WBTV in Charlotte was in downtown Charleston on Oct. 8 working on Hurricane Matthew coverage. He and his photographer had just finished an interview and were walking to their news van on Broad Street when a man who was sitting on the sidewalk, later identified as Brian Eybers of Virginia, called Crump a racial slur, authorities said.

On video, Crump is recorded walking over to the man and asking if he called him the n-word, to which Eybers responds, “Yes, I believe I did.”

Eybers then said the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and God gave him the right to call Crump slurs, and he said he is “superior” to Crump.

"You really are a (slur),” Eybers says. “You’re ignorant.”

With Eybers recording on his iPad and WBTV photographer Devin Futrelle shooting video, the verbal confrontation continued until Crump got into the news vehicle. Eybers then positioned himself in front of the vehicle so Crump and Futrelle could not leave.

Police arrived at the scene, and ended up putting Eybers in handcuffs on the front steps of a nearby Catholic church.

Eybers was booked on charges of congregating for an unlawful purpose and possession of drug paraphernalia.

He is being held in the Charleston County Detention Center with bond set at $722.

The Charlotte Observer reported that Eybers, who listed a home address in Arlington, Virginia, is a guitarist in a band called Face Control. It was not immediately clear what he was doing in Charleston.

Crump has covered the Ku Klux Klan and interviewed many of its leaders over the years, both with hoods and without, The Charlotte Observer reported.

“None of them have ever called me the n-word,” Crump told the newspaper.
    Calling someone a racial slur is illegal?
    I am the spoon.

Officers said they also found a crack pipe in his possession.
    This part shouldn't be funny to me, but it is. Just seems randomly thrown in there, like "Yeah Eybers was in Crump's way and he was throwing out racial slurs, oh, and he had a crack pipe".

Good times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Calling someone a racial slur is illegal?
    I found a much better article with the video of the confrontation in it. The video actually showed Brian blocking the TV van from moving which is true reason why he was arrested. It wasn't because he called him the N word.

After Crump turned to leave, Eybers stood in front of the news van, blocking it from leaving. Crump called police.
    Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/ent...#storylink=cpy

There is still nothing in the constitution that makes it legal to block a man's van from moving. Please read the article instead of going by the very misleading thread headline.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I found a much better article with the video of the confrontation in it. The video actually showed Brian blocking the TV van from moving which is true reason why he was arrested. It wasn't because he called him the N word.

There is still nothing in the constitution that makes it legal to block a man's van from moving. Please read the article instead of going by the very misleading thread headline.
    Exactly. Sensationalism at its best. Misleading headline.

It's a van. He's a man. You do the math. The only way a man can block a van is if you don't slam on the gas, understand?
    We Must Dissent.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    It's a van. He's a man. You do the math. The only way a man can block a van is if you don't slam on the gas, understand?
    You sir, are a poet
    And do not even know it.

There is no spoon.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SOnkv76rNL4

Test

Sorry, my dumb-ass can't figure out how to post a video, tried but didn't work.

Any interest in N word Lenny Bruce click on this...
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    You sir, are a poet
    And do not even know it.

I just watched this last week. Anthony Andrews is fab.

Hmmmm, methinks I may watch it again.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

I see you're establishing a fine tradition of posting threads with completely false headlines, starting with this one: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...s-headquarters
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I see you're establishing a fine tradition of posting threads with completely false headlines, starting with this one: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...s-headquarters
    Here ya' go;

http://www.drudgereport.com/

Maybe Matt'll care about your opinion.

Here ya' go;

http://www.drudgereport.com/

Maybe Matt'll care about your opinion.
    Was it also Matt that wrote this?

"Arrested for saying verboten word"

Sorry, you can't blame Matt for that thread title, this one is on you.

Was it also Matt that wrote this?

"Arrested for saying verboten word"

Sorry, you can't blame Matt for that thread title, this one is on you.
    Nope I condensed Matt's verbiage, Matt's actually says;

"Man jailed after hurling racial slurs at reporter"

Those two should have come to blows instead of bickering like children and calling authority figures to settle their differences.

People aren't nice, laws and cameras won't change that.
    Last edited by tod evans; 10-20-2016 at 02:29 PM.

"Man jailed after hurling racial slurs at reporter"

After does not mean because.

"Man dies in car accident after drinking Starbucks" != "Man dies because he drank Starbucks"
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Man jailed after hurling racial slurs at reporter.

The tone and meaning are equivalent...

Don't like it?

Why do you suppose that is?
    What I don't like is that when you condense the original headline, you usually end up butchering the original meaning of the headline. For example you using "verboten" and "for" in the thread headline totally changes the meaning of the sentence. The OP actually wasn't very misleading, it only gave the impression that he harassed and used racial slur and then got arrested by the police. It just omits something more important he did between the racial slur and the arrest but it didnt not say he was arrested "for" using racial slurs. You also did this with the "dems firebomb republican headquarters" which is not what the article or the original headlines says. The articles talks about dems being accused of causing fire to the headquarters.

See how many people responded to the headline change thinking that police now go around arresting people for using racial slurs. I have a feeling that you are playing to the "woe onto me crowd" who believe that the blacks are coming to take away all their freedoms. And this play brings along undeserved hostility towards black people. And don't get me wrong, this would be fair game if it was true but in this instance, it is a lie.

And why won't he fight him? maybe he is not a fighter. Not all men can throw it down or maybe he has too much respect for himself to be caught on tape fighting a drug user.
    Last edited by juleswin; 10-20-2016 at 05:04 PM.

What I don't like is that when you condense the original headline, you usually end up butchering the original meaning of the headline. For example you using "verboten" and "for" in the thread headline totally changes the meaning of the sentence. The OP actually wasn't very misleading, it only gave the impression that he harassed and used racial slur and then got arrested by the police. It just omits something more important he did between the racial slur and the arrest but it didnt not say he was arrested "for" using racial slurs. You also did this with the "dems firebomb republican headquarters" which is not what the article or the original headlines says. The articles talks about dems being accused of causing fire to the headquarters.

See how many people responded to the headline change thinking that police now go around arresting people for using racial slurs. I have a feeling that you are playing to the "woe onto me crowd" who believe that the blacks are coming to take away all their freedoms. And this play brings along undeserved hostility towards black people. And don't get me wrong, this would be fair game if it was true but in this instance, it is a lie.

And why won't he fight him? maybe he is not a fighter. Not all men can throw it down or maybe he has too much respect for himself to be caught on tape fighting a drug user.
    Honestly I read Drudge's headline and skimmed the article over coffee with several other windows open, thought it'd be of interest here and cut-n-pasted.

The furthest thing from my mind when I cut-n-paste any article, or write a thread title, is somebodies feelings.

One could realistically say it was because of white dudes utterance that he ended up in jail, sure there was more BS that took place but the predicating issue was what he said.

The black dude would have been justified punching him in the mouth, I see failure to do so as lacking self respect, not having too much.

If you pay attention I post the same way about everyone, whites, blacks injuns and broads, pollacks, micks, joos and limeys.............Politically correct feel good speech is a big problem for me and I'm not going to abide by its use.

I didn't research the article in the OP further because to me it wasn't important and honestly it's still not.

The issue you didn't even mention, and the reason I thought the article was worth posting, is that racial strife continues, just as the media seems to want and in this instance it was the black guy who called the kops to come protect his delicate sensibilities instead of the other way around...

They should have run his ass over, but then again I would worry about hurting the van.

"The N word." LOL. Pantywaist society.
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

LOL. You're the one claiming to be a "supporting member" when you are not. You voted for Obama twice and are for Clinton. You are violating the rules of the forum and have the nerve to use the word "false."

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

1. I've been called worse by better people.

2. I've removed hobo's from a bar with less drama and without assistance. Actually, lots of them. I'm the hobo whisperer.

Seriously, though, why on earth would you even bother to engage someone who's obviously "not right". I don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    This part shouldn't be funny to me, but it is. Just seems randomly thrown in there, like "Yeah Eybers was in Crump's way and he was throwing out racial slurs, oh, and he had a crack pipe".

Good times.
    I was expecting this crack pipe . When I was young I carried a hash pipe , but I did not go out of my way to draw attention to the fact I was high .
    Do something Danke

Oh yeah, neg rep.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I was expecting this crack pipe . When I was young I carried a hash pipe , but I did not go out of my way to draw attention to the fact I was high .
    I'm sure the guy just smoked tobacco out of it and just wanted a crack pipe for added flair and intrigue.
    We Must Dissent.

There is still nothing in the constitution that makes it legal to block a man's van from moving
    . Please read the article instead of going by the very misleading thread headline.
    do you understand the constitution? it doesn't "make" things legal.

you are nitpicking. Drudge $#@!ed up and OP $#@!ed up. case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    LOL. You're the one claiming to be a "supporting member" when you are not. You voted for Obama twice and are for Clinton. You are violating the rules of the forum and have the nerve to use the word "false."
    Obama > McCain and Romney
    Trump > Clinton
    War > Economy and civil liberties

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    you are nitpicking. Drudge $#@!ed up and OP $#@!ed up. case closed.
    The drudge headline is actually correct, it is only misleading in the sense that it omitted the reason why he got arrested but

Veteran TV reporter harassed with racial slurs; man arrested = Arrested for saying racial slur.

And drudge did not fu*k up because they post the headlines of original articles and they are consistent on that.

Lastly, I meant to say there is nothing in the constitution that grants you the right to stand in front of man's car blocking his way. But I am sure you didn't know what I was trying to say and wasn't at all trying to nitpick.

the constitution doesn't grant rights, it gives the government the ability to enforce laws.

whoever made the headline clearly tried to make it seem like the guy was arrested for the slur, so I'm gonna say ya, they $#@!ed up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast