Thread: Trump Pledges To Drain The Swamp And Impose Congressional Term Limits

Trump Pledges To Drain The Swamp And Impose Congressional Term Limits

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

It is not a bad concept . . . McCain is rather stale . . .

Also, 25% of Fed employees leaving / retiring if we get a President-elect Trump . . .
    man, positive effects even BEFORE inauguration that's awesome Trump/pence
    Obama can even get the credit for cutting spending lol

btw, Mexico can pay for the wall with land - a 5 mile DMZ zone with boots on our new ground.
    el Chappo still gonna dig deeper tunnels . . . that (expletive deleted)
    Last edited by Jan2017; 10-19-2016 at 04:10 AM.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I used to be undecided on term limits. Not any longer. It needs to be done.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

We're now up to four threads on this in this subforum alone.

All I see in this thread I Randal calling for term limits, nothing from Trump actually saying it on the record. Got an actual citation? Not that he is trustworthy or anything, just for the sake of showing this thread isn't make-believe.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    All I see in this thread I Randal calling for term limits, nothing from Trump actually saying it on the record. Got an actual citation? Not that he is trustworthy or anything, just for the sake of showing this thread isn't make-believe.
    Was easy to find. Easily ideas I can get behind. He may not get it done but it is a worthy goal.

Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Was easy to find. Easily ideas I can get behind. He may not get it done but it is a worthy goal.
    Thanks, I didn't see the point in starting a trump thread and using Randal's video instead of one by the subject of the thread.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He said Amendment. I'm in.

But really, repealing the 17th is the better solution.

I pledge to swim to the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I pledge to swim to the moon.
    This is why Rand lost. He is surrounded with stuck up ego centric purists, who have the god allmighty power to detect deceit while CPUd and many other paid hillary operatives were deceiving them.

It is a logical fact some Correct the Record shills are on this board masquerading as liberty lovers and concern trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    This is why Rand lost. He is surrounded with stuck up ego centric purists, who have the god allmighty power to detect deceit while CPUd and many other paid hillary operatives were deceiving them.

It is a logical fact some Correct the Record shills are on this board masquerading as liberty lovers and concern trolling.
    Trump is going to poison the well, and then you guys will be sorry. You are going to wish you supported Rand Paul instead of schilling for Trump.

Thump says everything once.
    Hes a grade a golden hair loser.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Trump is going to poison the well, and then you guys will be sorry. You are going to wish you supported Rand Paul instead of schilling for Trump.
    I didn't support ANYBODY. I came back from political sleep around September 2015 when I heard the press attacking Trump. I didn't even watch the first debate. Rand had already lost it. Maybe you are right. Trump is an inside job. But to my eyes he is an inside job that went terribly wrong. Besides I will take comfort in seeing Hillary fall on earth while walking in international meetings.

I didn't support ANYBODY. I came back from political sleep around September 2015 when I heard the press attacking Trump. I didn't even watch the first debate. Rand had already lost it.
    Translation: "I returned to RPF for the sole purpose of shilling for Trump."

Better than shilling for Hillary under the illusion that 3rd parties have any impact on the result.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Better than shilling for Hillary under the illusion that 3rd parties have any impact on the result.
    No one on RPF's been shilling for Hillary.

You Trumpkins continually make this accusation in a transparent attempt to discredit those who point out Dear Leader's horrifying record.

Drain the swamp? Hmm... where have I heard that before?

That was Pelosi's mantra when the Dems took back the house. or maybe he stole it from Reagan, who also used it? In any case, it's not original and has never worked.

To the issue of term limits...

I've always been of the persuasion that Congressional terms should be "limited" by the voters of those districts. Would we really have wanted Ron Paul term-limited out?! When you get a good one, you want to keep them. What about Massie? Amash?

I understand the reason for this and I don't really have that big of an objection to it, but I don't think it will make that much difference in practice. It's an easy thing to ask for when congressional approval ratings are so low, but in reality, people like their own rep - they just want the other one kicked out.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Behold the self-admitted shill (Mordan) claiming that others must be shilling because they hold different views.
    Last edited by TheCount; 10-19-2016 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Added name for clarity
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Now all he needs is two thirds of Congress (the ones in danger of losing their jobs) and three fourths of the states to agree to get his suggested Constitutional Amendment passed. No problem.

I think he could get it. Jim Cooper, if he wins reelection, is about due to retire.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi