Thread: Gringo: The Dangerous Life of John McAfee

Gringo: The Dangerous Life of John McAfee

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's suing.

Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Too bad McAfee wasn't the nominee for the LP this year

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    It would have been interesting. The media would rip him apart though if he gained any traction and they thought it was coming from Hillary supporters, just like they did to Johnson.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    I agree.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Wish my trips south of the border would be a fraction as interesting as his.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It would have been interesting. The media would rip him apart though if he gained any traction and they thought it was coming from Hillary supporters, just like they did to Johnson.

Come on. John Mcafee is a bad guy. Besides allegedly (probably/certainly) being involved in killing his neighbor, his stock scheme just got halted and delisted an hour ago. This isn't the powers that be keeping a good man down. The guy is headed for pound in ass prison. McAfee is a really bad guy.

Last edited by Krugminator2; 10-19-2016 at 04:21 PM.

Neither Johnson or McAfee are good guys. I watched those debates just waiting for someone to say something Libertarian. Not a whisper.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Come on. John Mcafee is a bad guy. Besides allegedly (probably/certainly) being involved in killing his neighbor, his stock scheme just got halted and delisted an hour ago. This isn't the powers that be keeping a good man down. The guy is headed for pound in ass prison. McAfee is a really bad guy.

meh. The lawsuit against the company seems frivolous. Someone lost some money and now they are alleging that the standard denotation 'these are forward looking statements...' does not apply to the fact the NYSE may not permit the issuance of stock, and it turned out they did not. The only way McAfee is related is that the stock issuance was going to go to buy out McAfee's company and at that point he would've become chair of the company. The release that McAfee would become chair and his company and products would be purchased led market participants to buy shares. If the company would've been allowed to do the stock issuance there would be no law suit. It is a risk investors take. At least in this case they weren't dependant on some county board voting to approve a land use permit.

McAfee retweeted a twitter banner I made for his supporters and got me over 1000 downloads on it. That is the kind of character I like. Someone who is willing to help us help them.

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    meh. The lawsuit against the company seems frivolous. Someone lost some money and now they are alleging that the standard denotation 'these are forward looking statements...' does not apply to the fact the NYSE may not permit the issuance of stock, and it turned out they did not. The only way McAfee is related is that the stock issuance was going to go to buy out McAfee's company and at that point he would've become chair of the company. The release that McAfee would become chair and his company and products would be purchased led market participants to buy shares. If the company would've been allowed to do the stock issuance there would be no law suit. It is a risk investors take. At least in this case they weren't dependant on some county board voting to approve a land use permit.

McAfee retweeted a twitter banner I made for his supporters and got me over 1000 downloads on it. That is the kind of character I like. Someone who is willing to help us help them.
    It's a total fraud. I say this with 100% certainty. I could write 20 pages on this. I am very familiar with basically all the major details. I posted about McAfee a few days after his involvement was announced in May and have mentioned it periodically. It has nothing to do with approvals or stock issuance or someone losing money. The company and the stock is a scam. The stock exists for McAfee and few others to tell a story that they can use to sell worthless paper to idiots.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...inator2+mcafee

It's a total fraud. I say this with 100% certainty. I could write 20 pages on this. I am very familiar with basically all the major details. I posted about McAfee a few days after his involvement was announced in May and have mentioned it periodically. It has nothing to do with approvals or stock issuance or someone losing money. The company and the stock is a scam. The stock exists for McAfee and few others to tell a story that they can use to sell worthless paper to idiots.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...inator2+mcafee
    good lord that article you linked to in that thread was $#@!. They try to deduce that his motives were bad because he was willing to accept $300k in cash and a ton of stocks valued at $.49 per share for his company. A good CEO will put himself in a position that his 'hitting it big' means that shareholders will also be hitting it big.

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    good lord that article you linked to in that thread was $#@!. They try to deduce that his motives were bad because he was willing to accept $300k in cash and a ton of stocks valued at $.49 per share for his company. A good CEO will put himself in a position that his 'hitting it big' means that shareholders will also be hitting it big.
    I even said explicitly said it was a poorly written article in that thread. It was just one of the only articles up at the time. Here is some better research.

http://geoinvesting.com/mgt-sec-needs-stop-halt-circus/
    http://geoinvesting.com/mgt-capital-...s-john-mcafee/

McAfee isn't a good CEO. And his motives are bad. The people involved with McAfee are serial offenders. http://www.teribuhl.com/2016/09/23/i...ital-subpoena/

And here are his partners developing cybersecurity apps.
    A septic tank pumper http://www.findmugshots.com/arrests/..._36564512.html
    And a guy who lied about his tech experience http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Nort....67679786.html
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 10-19-2016 at 11:00 PM.

I even said explicitly said it was a poorly written article in that thread. It was just one of the only articles up at the time. Here is some better research.

http://geoinvesting.com/mgt-sec-needs-stop-halt-circus/
    http://geoinvesting.com/mgt-capital-...s-john-mcafee/

McAfee isn't a good CEO. And his motives are bad. The people involved with McAfee are serial offenders. http://www.teribuhl.com/2016/09/23/i...ital-subpoena/

And here are his partners developing cybersecurity apps.
    A septic tank pumper http://www.findmugshots.com/arrests/..._36564512.html
    And a guy who lied about his tech experience http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Nort....67679786.html
    Definitely nothing to implicate McAfee as a bad guy. This guy's first partner that accepted the plea deal didn't know that the intention wasn't to build a viable company until far into the endeavour. And,
    What we don’t know is whether Barry teamed up with his favorite investing partner Michael Brauser and acted as an affiliate in trading MGT stock, which blew up to a 700% gain when news of a John McAfee merger was announced in May. Affiliate trading without disclosure is a big SEC no-no, which I explain my story today at www.growthcapitlist.com. Honig through his attorney did not return a request for comment.

For now it’s a wait and see as MGT scrambles to get the SEC to clarify to stock exchanges that the reverse merger deal is clean. And market participants sit on the side line to see if the SEC can get the goods to finally charge Barry Honig.
    Even if it is the case, is 'affiliate trading without disclosure' fraudulent? Or is that a rule made by the SEC to babysit the investor who won't do his homework? Just because someone flashes something in your face doesn't mean you have to buy it.

You are making a very far leap painting McAfee as a bad individual I think. Even if there is hairy $#@! McAfee might not have been a willing player.

Wow, what a hit piece.. damn.. The thing is, I tend to side with McAfee on this one, it seems like a lot of it was totally make believe. I don't know what to believe and what not to believe in the documentary. They actually had me pretty convinced that it was for real until they started interviewing a bunch of his girlfriends and they started talking about how he would put them in a hammock that had a hole cut in it and they would poop on his face. Then they asked if he had vaginal sex with them, and they said 'no', he just liked the pooping.

So that seemed all pretty fake but otherwise they make him sound really bad.. like, hey, if we had a libertarian society there would just be rich guys like McAfee with hired goons running the cities and paying off the police and forcing a curfew on the entire town.
    Last edited by dannno; 12-21-2016 at 02:56 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."