Thread: When to eat carbs to avoid fat gain

Thumbs up When to eat carbs to avoid fat gain

Quite sound advice, IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

i didnt watch the video but im guessing right after a workout or right before.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    i didnt watch the video but im guessing right after a workout or right before.
    Ya, and preferably not first thing in the morning... later in the day is better

Edit: Watched the video - he is saying later in the day, period - after 5pm
    Last edited by dannno; 10-18-2016 at 01:24 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

You're taking diet advice from a guy juiced to the gills on steroids?

He's saying what I've heard. My next-door neighbor body builds and he told me to eat them later in the day for better sleep. I was having trouble sleeping and he told me to have some fruit at night. It does help you sleep. I used to eat my fruit for breakfast or lunch but now I have it in the evening for dessert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    He's saying what I've heard. My next-door neighbor body builds and he told me to eat them later in the day for better sleep. I was having trouble sleeping and he told me to have some fruit at night. It does help you sleep. I used to eat my fruit for breakfast or lunch but now I have it in the evening for dessert.
    If you're feeling sleepy after eating carbs, it means your metabolism is slow. That's what happens when you go on low calorie diets and do juice fasts.

Chester Copperpot

im going to make sure to have some fresh fruit tart tonight... youre making me hungry

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    If you're feeling sleepy after eating carbs, it means your metabolism is slow. That's what happens when you go on low calorie diets and do juice fasts.
    I don't go on juice fasts. Well, maybe wine...is that a juice?
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This non-steroids dietician, with Bachelor of Science in Nutritional Science & Dietetics with an emphasis in Chemistry, says eat carbs in the morning and after exercise:

For the average couch potato to the gym warrior, carbs can fatten you up. However, if used properly, carbs can be a game changer for your energy levels, endurance, and muscle gains. Here’s what you need to know:

1. Timing is everything. The two best times to consume carbs are first thing in the morning or even better, right after an intense workout. After a hard workout, your body is in a catabolic state and is depleted of glycogen. This means that your body will produce cortisol and will eat away at your overworked muscles for fuel. Eating simple carbs immediately following your workout will release the muscle building hormone insulin. The simple (fast) carbs will start your recovery.

3. Eat more carbs if you are an endurance athlete such as a runner or a boxer. Carbs have been well studied to have a positive effect on performance for these types of athletes. Being so active, you need the fast fuel and it will be less likely stored as fat.

http://trainingjunkie.usatoday.com/2...nstead-of-fat/

I don't go on juice fasts. Well, maybe wine...is that a juice?
    Your starvation apple fast is basically a juice fast.

Your starvation apple fast is basically a juice fast.
    How's it so different than Freelee's fruitarianism? I'm just eating apples (fruit) for three days.

How's it so different than Freelee's fruitarianism? I'm just eating apples (fruit) for three days.
    Well, she hasn't been fruitarian for quite awhile now, but unless you're eating at least 20 apples a day to give you about 1,800 calories, you're going to start starving your body which will lower your metabolism even more.

Chester Copperpot

Well, she hasn't been fruitarian for quite awhile now, but unless you're eating at least 20 apples a day to give you about 1,800 calories, you're going to start starving your body which will lower your metabolism even more.
    the 3 day apple cleanse is exactly that - a cleanse. Its not a weight loss diet. Its a mono-diet to detox and purify the system. If you want to learn more about it just read up on Edgar Cayce.

the 3 day apple cleanse is exactly that - a cleanse. Its not a weight loss diet. Its a mono-diet to detox and purify the system. If you want to learn more about it just read up on Edgar Cayce.
    Ferrari understands that, he's just being an ass.
    Last edited by Suzanimal; 10-24-2016 at 09:39 PM.

Chester Copperpot

Ferrari understands that, he's just being an ass.
    be careful he will report you for calling him an ass. What you have to do is rephrase your statement to make it non specific to him

be careful he will report you for calling him an ass. What you have to do is rephrase your statement to make it non specific to him
    Is it better now?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

Is it better now?
    itll pass... what I normally do is just say somthing like "people like ferrari....."

or just trash vegans in general when you really mean him.

Is it better now?
    You made me cough on muh muffin crumbs. Heh.

A cleanse only changes you for a few days at the most. Then your body returns to its normal levels on everything- unless you make permanent changes in your diet and exercise.