Thread: Lard

Lard

Here's a well written article for those not convinced eating plants is the best course.

http://www.weedemandreap.com/top-reasons-eating-lard/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Eats a lot of fat:

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Cottonseed oil is the worst.

"93 percent of the cotton crop grown in American soil is actually genetically engineered."

http://articles.mercola.com/herbal-o...nseed-oil.aspx
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Eats a lot of fat:
    No picture of her butt...

She does look healthy though......

Just got done cleaning up, rendered 9 qts of lard and 3 gallon ziplocks of cracklin's....

Pie's-n-fries for months....

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Cottonseed oil is the worst.

"93 percent of the cotton crop grown in American soil is actually genetically engineered."

http://articles.mercola.com/herbal-o...nseed-oil.aspx
    but its vegan.. farreri says thats the healthy way to eat... of course he tries to trick everybody all the time with his arguments instead of having an honest discussion so i guess in retrospect his arguments must not have any weight...

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    but its vegan.. farreri says thats the healthy way to eat... of course he tries to trick everybody all the time with his arguments instead of having an honest discussion so i guess in retrospect his arguments must not have any weight...
    Vegetables are good for you too, I just doubt the arguments that one can be healthy on a strictly vegan diet without jumping through more hoops than makes sense...

I like eating all kinds of stuff as close to the way nature made it as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    No picture of her butt...

She does look healthy though......
    The goat or the woman?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Vegetables are good for you too, I just doubt the arguments that one can be healthy on a strictly vegan diet without jumping through more hoops than makes sense...

I like eating all kinds of stuff as close to the way nature made it as possible.
    That is exactly the best guidelines on how to eat.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The goat or the woman?
    Goat ropin' is a Texas sport.......

Ya'll still trying to market "Stump Broke Goats" down there?

Chester Copperpot

I agree... fresh fruits and veggies and lard and tallow too

And I did lose weight when I ate plant-based, but it was mostly due to what I was not eating instead of what I was eating. I was not eating processed foods at all (or very rarely). Although I was glad to lose weight, I was unhappy with how I felt. Most of the time I felt tired, sluggish, forgetful, overwhelmed, anxious and depressed. I knew there had to be a way to regain my health.
    They always blame the plant-based diet when the real reason is they didn't eat enough plants on their plant-based diet.

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post

They always blame the plant-based diet when the real reason is they didn't eat enough plants on their plant-based diet.
    Observation isn't blame, stop with the victim terminology.

The author determined that consuming plants alone didn't suit her and she changed her diet.

She then stated her observations of how her life had improved when she ate as humans have for centuries.

You don't agree with her assessment of her life and the effects her diet had on her? What a completely ridiculous assessment! Who in the $#@! are you to tell another they're wrong about their assessment of their own life?

Whether or not you agree with her diet you could certainly learn from her prose......Try reading it slowly and see if you can glean the subtleties where she doesn't come off as offensive, judgmental or condescending...

The lass in the link I provided has written tomes, and it would behoove you to invest some of your time reading and learning..........If you can tolerate having your blinders off long enough to actually read and comprehend another persons experiences with their diet and the affect it has had on their life.

Chester Copperpot

Observation isn't blame, stop with the victim terminology.

The author determined that consuming plants alone didn't suit her and she changed her diet.

She then stated her observations of how her life had improved when she ate as humans have for centuries.

You don't agree with her assessment of her life and the effects her diet had on her? What a completely ridiculous assessment! Who in the $#@! are you to tell another they're wrong about their assessment of their own life?

Whether or not you agree with her diet you could certainly learn from her prose......Try reading it slowly and see if you can glean the subtleties where she doesn't come off as offensive, judgmental or condescending...

The lass in the link I provided has written tomes, and it would behoove you to invest some of your time reading and learning..........If you can tolerate having your blinders off long enough to actually read and comprehend another persons experiences with their diet and the affect it has had on their life.
    farreri is too smart to learn

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    farreri is too smart to learn
    Weren't we all at some point?

Hell man I knew everything before I turned 20, still knew most things by 30, at 40 everybody else was getting smarter, by 50 I was a $#@!ing idiot...........Can't wait to see what 60 brings.

I expect I'll be drooling on myself in the corner while smearing poo on the wall.......

Chester Copperpot

Weren't we all at some point?

Hell man I knew everything before I turned 20, still knew most things by 30, at 40 everybody else was getting smarter, by 50 I was a $#@!ing idiot...........Can't wait to see what 60 brings.

I expect I'll be drooling on myself in the corner while smearing poo on the wall.......
    yeah sometimes the problem with learning is the more you know - the less you know.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yes, if you want to live like and turn into a cow that munches on grass all day, by all means do as farreri says. I'd rather not be a cow.

But it's misleading. It's obvious she wasn't eating enough on her plant-based diet. A person would fall apart if they didn't eat enough on a low-carb diet.

This has been discussed before, remember?

Former Vegan girl made 2 critical mistakes that was destroying her health
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ing-her-health

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Yes, if you want to live like and turn into a cow that munches on grass all day, by all means do as farreri says. I'd rather not be a cow.
    Don't be an idiot. Btw, the protein in your cow meat comes from them eating plant food all day.

Don't be an idiot. Btw, the protein in your cow meat comes from them eating plant food all day.
    I wont be an idiot as its the grasseaters with the small brains. I'm not and don't want to turn into a cow. But to each their own, enjoy! Mooooo!

So why are you being an idiot? Cows are ruminants one of the reason why they can eat and digest the plant matter and get the nutrients from it.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I wont be an idiot as its the grasseaters with the small brains. I'm not and don't want to turn into a cow. But to each their own, enjoy! Mooooo!
    You're in luck, the human plant-based diet is not made up of grass, or hay.

Cows are ruminants one of the reason why they can eat and digest the plant matter and get the nutrients from it.
    um yeah, your point?

But it's misleading.
    No it's not misleading, not in the least.

She changed her diet to suit her.

Her diet may vary from what you preach but that doesn't make it "misleading" at all.

There's a reason most healthy people eat animals and it's not to be "misleading" or any other label you put on their choices, it's because they find animals provide them with an acceptable source of nutrition.

You're trying to be manipulative by using the word "misleading" when you opine on the lasses opinion.

If you'd care to discuss the nutritional value of lard or even compare plant fat to lard have a go, you might try following the young lady's protocol as I suggested earlier it'll make your opinion easier to read.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    um yeah, your point?
    The way to get those nutrients is eating their meat which stores those nutrients.

No it's not misleading, not in the least.

She changed her diet to suit her.

Her diet may vary from what you preach but that doesn't make it "misleading" at all.

There's a reason most healthy people eat animals and it's not to be "misleading" or any other label you put on their choices, it's because they find animals provide them with an acceptable source of nutrition.
    She changed her diet because she wasn't eating enough plant foods to get enough calories. Switching to a heart-clogging fat just because it has more calories might make you feel better in the short term if you're coming off a low-calorie diet, but it's misleading, dangerous and irresponsible for her to promote it as healthy when she was doing her previous diet wrong.

If you'd care to discuss the nutritional value of lard or even compare plant fat to lard have a go, you might try following the young lady's protocol as I suggested earlier it'll make your opinion easier to read.
    What is the nutritional value of lard, besides dirty calories?!

The way to get those nutrients is eating their meat which stores those nutrients.
    But then you get too much of nutrients that are bad in larger than we need quantities, like saturated fat, cholesterol, and protein.

She changed her diet because she wasn't eating enough plant foods to get enough calories. Switching to a heart-clogging fat just because it has more calories might make you feel better in the short term if you're coming off a low-calorie diet, but it's misleading, dangerous and irresponsible for her to promote it as healthy when she was doing her previous diet wrong.

What is the nutritional value of lard, besides dirty calories?!
    You have no idea what she was doing, you're merely spouting BS that you believe in passionately and claiming that she is in the wrong.

There's a reason I suggested to read her prose and try to learn from it.

Her diet is in no way "misleading, dangerous and irresponsible " this is more hyperbole from you because you can't stand for people to eat differently than you.

I take her at her word in that she's happy, healthy and in much better shape than she ever was on a veganish diet, just like thousands of other people who have tried living off vegetation and had issues.

If you're happy and healthy eating as you do then more power to you, I don't see her calling you "misleading, dangerous and irresponsible" because of what you eat.