Thread: This day in history: Canadians burned down teh White House. :D

This day in history: Canadians burned down teh White House. :D

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-...fFgUOBXZs3y.01

Today We Celebrate the Time Canada Burned Down the White House

Two hundred years ago today, a 36-year old America declared war, for the second time, against Great Britain. The plan was to conquer Canada and wrest North America for the United States once and for all. But, by pretty much all measures, the war was a total mess… It began in confusion, with the United [...]

By Colin Schultz
    smithsonian.com
    June 18, 2012

46.2K 59 14 4 36 12 48K

46.2K 59 4 36 14 48K

image: http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/smar...hite-house.jpg
    Artist's rendition of the Burning of Washington. Photo: Tom Lohdan

Two hundred years ago today, a 36-year old America declared war, for the second time, against Great Britain. The plan was to conquer Canada and wrest North America for the United States once and for all. But, by pretty much all measures, the war was a total mess…
    It began in confusion, with the United States declaring hostilities unaware that one of its major war aims was already addressed. And it ended that way, too, with a last, pointless battle fought weeks after a peace treaty was signed. Civilians on both sides suffered, there were horrible massacres, and even more bungling by generals than is customary in warfare.
    reads The Star’s The War of 1812 shaped Canada forever.
    The British and American armies, supplemented by militia and First Nations warriors, pushed back and forth for nearly three years, temporarily trading territory along the Niagara river, and hitting each other at their cores.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hillary says Putin was behind it.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Hillary says Putin was behind it.
    Do you have any evidence, that Russia was not behind it?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Americans , unable to take canada , ensuring canadian freedom forever . Sparing them Woodrow Wilson ,Lyndon Johnson , Richard Nixon , B Obama , Clintons etc
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-14-2016 at 08:55 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    unable to take canada

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The CIA of the time , House of Representatives and Senate voted 61 percent and 59 percent to declare war . All 39 Federalists in congress ( who normally get a bad rap ) voted against war . The Great Tecumseh though , was on the right side , fighting against these low life rogue americans and southern dog tribes .
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-20-2016 at 10:27 AM.
    Do something Danke

Yes , americans could not defeat canada . Gratefully , my people were on the winning side . You are welcome for me being such a Great American Patriot .
    Do something Danke

Yes , americans could not defeat canada
    - Kim Kardashian

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    15,000 dead americans , including the 2200 soldiers killed in action and another 4505 wounded and various destruction , all for , well nothing .
    Do something Danke

Canada is a Great country , they made a silver dollar every year through 1967 . The US last made them in 1935 , because , well they are just quitters .
    Do something Danke

Everyone with no knowledge of these things should be forced to participate in Boxing Day . That would be the day after Christmas when the servants get a gift from the Master .
    Do something Danke

Canada is a Great country...
    If it so great, why don't you and your traitorous tribe pack up and move there.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I claim the entire South Central portion of the Northwest Territory and I own land in three counties here . Are you defending an act of attempted and failed murderous piracy performed by the US ?
    Do something Danke

I see those dirty french canadians from toronto defeated the Indians today . Had the Indians won , there should have been a big celebration in The Mistake By The Lake ( Cleveland ) .
    Do something Danke

Ya know of course , the only real victory the americans had in that war was the Battle Of New Orleans and the war was over when it took place .
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thirty five years earlier we made the mistake of fighting on the side of the americans , after we won we left for the West to where I am now .
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-20-2016 at 10:37 AM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Plus Rep for Freedom Bacon .
    Do something Danke

The americans had 3000 Rangers . I could have taken canada from the british with half the tribes that were aligned with the british ( Shawnee, Mingo , Wyandot , Miami etc) and the american Rangers alone . Just because I could do it does not mean others could .
    Do something Danke

But of course these tribes would not naturally align against the british because it had already been determined they were more honorable about preserving some lands for the tribes than the americans .
    Do something Danke

Sat is my War of 1812 Bonfire .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-...fFgUOBXZs3y.01

Today We Celebrate the Time Canada Burned Down the White House

Two hundred years ago today, a 36-year old America declared war, for the second time, against Great Britain. The plan was to conquer Canada and wrest North America for the United States once and for all. But, by pretty much all measures, the war was a total mess… It began in confusion, with the United [...]

By Colin Schultz
    smithsonian.com
    June 18, 2012

46.2K 59 14 4 36 12 48K

46.2K 59 4 36 14 48K

image: http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/smar...hite-house.jpg
    Artist's rendition of the Burning of Washington. Photo: Tom Lohdan

Two hundred years ago today, a 36-year old America declared war, for the second time, against Great Britain. The plan was to conquer Canada and wrest North America for the United States once and for all. But, by pretty much all measures, the war was a total mess…
    It began in confusion, with the United States declaring hostilities unaware that one of its major war aims was already addressed. And it ended that way, too, with a last, pointless battle fought weeks after a peace treaty was signed. Civilians on both sides suffered, there were horrible massacres, and even more bungling by generals than is customary in warfare.
    reads The Star’s The War of 1812 shaped Canada forever.
    The British and American armies, supplemented by militia and First Nations warriors, pushed back and forth for nearly three years, temporarily trading territory along the Niagara river, and hitting each other at their cores.
    you are a hoot!
    no mention of Napoleon?

Causes of the War of 1812

At the outset of the 19th century, Great Britain was locked in a long and bitter conflict with Napoleon Bonaparte’s France. In an attempt to cut off supplies from reaching the enemy, both sides attempted to block the United States from trading with the other. In 1807, Britain passed the Orders in Council, which required neutral countries to obtain a license from its authorities before trading with France or French colonies. The Royal Navy also outraged Americans by its practice of impressment, or removing seamen from U.S. merchant vessels and forcing them to serve on behalf of the British.

http://www.history.com/topics/war-of-1812
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    you are a hoot!
    no mention of Napoleon?

Causes of the War of 1812

At the outset of the 19th century, Great Britain was locked in a long and bitter conflict with Napoleon Bonaparte’s France. In an attempt to cut off supplies from reaching the enemy, both sides attempted to block the United States from trading with the other. In 1807, Britain passed the Orders in Council, which required neutral countries to obtain a license from its authorities before trading with France or French colonies. The Royal Navy also outraged Americans by its practice of impressment, or removing seamen from U.S. merchant vessels and forcing them to serve on behalf of the British.

http://www.history.com/topics/war-of-1812
    I would have sold you a license to trade with the French .
    Do something Danke

Preparations are complete for my War of 1812 Bonfire . Wood is cut , split , stacked , canopy up , tables up , tiki torches all filled , picked up 12 lbs of hamburger from the butcher , 80 hot dogs, beer in the fridge , mason jar , three bottles of bourbon.......
    Do something Danke

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Preparations are complete for my War of 1812 Bonfire . Wood is cut , split , stacked , canopy up , tables up , tiki torches all filled , picked up 12 lbs of hamburger from the butcher , 80 hot dogs, beer in the fridge , mason jar , three bottles of bourbon.......
    Is this going to be an annual event now? Sounds like fun. #moarexcusestovisituncleoyarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Is this going to be an annual event now? Sounds like fun. #moarexcusestovisituncleoyarde
    I am thinking of making it annual
    Do something Danke

In another 3 hours or so , light the grill , couple hours after that , light the bonfire for a burning the white house reenactment , lol
    Do something Danke