Thread: Study: Women Prefer Their Smartphone To Their Partner

Study: Women Prefer Their Smartphone To Their Partner

From Drudge;

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/...their-partner/

Women spend more time on their smartphones than they do with their partners according to a new study.

According to the study, women spend 12-hours more a week checking emails, sending texts, or surfing social media than they do with their loved one.

Researchers also found that if people are unable to be on their phones, it leads to stress, anger and panic. A fifth of those surveyed said it would be harder to be without a phone for a week than their partner.

Even while they’re on their honeymoon, the Bausch + Lomb Ultra contact lenses study shows that adults admitted to using their cell phone.

Half checked social media, a quarter checked personal emails, and one in ten checked work emails.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How much time do they spend cooking and cleaning?

If it flies, floats or $#@!s. It is cheaper to rent.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Don't forget about pokemon go.

I see nothing in either article that shows the study finds that the women "prefer" their smartphone over their partner. And there is no link to the study indicating that it is a bunch of bull$#@!. Typical clickbait nonsense.

Shallow and superficial women presumably do. However, I know men who stay on the computers/phones/Xbox/PS2 just as long, though. Sad really for bother genders, they are missing so much out of life.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Shallow and superficial women presumably do. However, I know men who stay on the computers/phones/Xbox/PS2 just as long, though. Sad really for bother genders, they are missing so much out of life.
    But that doesn't mean they "prefer" those things.
    If I'm sitting on the couch reading my kindle and my wife is on the couch playing the wii, does that mean we prefer the devices over each other? Of course not, nonsense.

And when people have to work 8-12 hours a day in order to pay the bills, add to that varying work schedules and dual income houses, of course partners are going to end up spending more time with work devices than each other (there are only so many hours in the day) it still doesn't mean they prefer those things.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 10-14-2016 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    From Drudge;

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/...their-partner/

Women spend more time on their smartphones than they do with their partners according to a new study.

According to the study, women spend 12-hours more a week checking emails, sending texts, or surfing social media than they do with their loved one.

Researchers also found that if people are unable to be on their phones, it leads to stress, anger and panic. A fifth of those surveyed said it would be harder to be without a phone for a week than their partner.

Even while they’re on their honeymoon, the Bausch + Lomb Ultra contact lenses study shows that adults admitted to using their cell phone.

Half checked social media, a quarter checked personal emails, and one in ten checked work emails.
    As long as she rides my stick, I don't care if she's on her phone.

ETA: In fact, with a lot of women it is probably better that way.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    But that doesn't they "prefer" those things.
    If I'm sitting on the couch reading my kindle and my wife is on the couch playing the wii, does that mean we prefer the devices over each other? Of course not, nonsense.
    No not at all. At least you're in the same room. However, it is hard to deny that these devices do distract us from each other.

And when people have to work 8-12 hours a day in order to pay the bills, add to that varying work schedules and dual income houses, of course partners are going to end up spending more time with work devices than each other (there are only so many hours in the day) it still doesn't mean they prefer those things.
    Ah, but spending more time with our partners can relieve the stress of the everyday distractions.

A great quote from Trains, Planes and Automobiles: "Like your work, love your wife."

We are so distracted anymore with all the gadgets and gizmos. Which is sad, because we lose sight of all the beauty around us.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    As long as she rides my stick, I don't care if she's on her phone.

ETA: In fact, with a lot of women it is probably better that way.
    Riding your stick while on the phone. Killer combo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

But that doesn't mean they "prefer" those things.

This and you have to consider that the girls may be on their phones chatting up with their man. But sensational headlines are better for clicks than a true representation of the article content. This article could easily have been posted with the headline of "The truth about selfish women" for even bigger reader clicks.

Fellas need to start giving it to em nice n good. That'll fix it. The contemporary man is generally a big ol' pussy. The need for masculinity has gradually been removed from society. Stuff like this is merely a consequence. Men don't act like men anymore.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 10-20-2016 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Fellas need to start giving it to em nice n good. That'll fix it.
    That sounds exhausting. How about I just take out the trash and throw her a couple c-batteries instead?

Fellas need to start giving it to em nice n good. That'll fix it. The contemporary man is generally a big ol' pussy. The need for masculinity has gradually been removed from society. Stuff like this is merely a consequence. Men don't act like men anymore.
    Ya, there's a lot of truth to that. Supply and demand-as long as women *tend to* dislike masculine traits like assertiveness, men will act accordingly and be less masculine. Teach the women to prefer real men (and see through feminist propaganda), and things will change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Probably written by a man whose wife didn't seig heil immediately and kept looking at her smart phone instead.

Amazing how suddenly it happened...I was taking close notice today at the airport...

Felt like Jesse Ventura:

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Amazing how suddenly it happened...I was taking close notice today at the airport...
    Felt like Jesse Ventura:
    lol, my first experience with nicotine was a package of redman, $#@! was awesome.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That sounds exhausting. How about I just take out the trash and throw her a couple c-batteries instead?
    smart phones vibrate.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus