Thread: Rand Paul faces first wave of attack ads in Senate race

Rand Paul faces first wave of attack ads in Senate race

UPDATED: Rand Paul faces first wave of attack ads in Senate race

by Kevin Wheatley
    10/11/2016

Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Jim Gray and the super PAC supporting him released a pair of television attack ads on Tuesday against U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, leaning in part on the words of Republicans to get their points across.

Both spots start with GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump criticizing Kentucky’s junior senator and former presidential candidate.

In Gray’s 30-second spot that focuses on defense issues, the New York business mogul calls Paul “a disaster on military and defense” before transitioning to similar comments from Arizona Sen. John McCain, Fox News commentator Bill O’Reilly and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.

“He simply does not have an understanding about the threats of United States national security,” McCain said during an April 2015 appearance on Fox News.

The ad, which highlights Paul’s opposition to the Patriot Act and previously proposed defense spending cuts, can be viewed here:

Kentucky Moving Forward, a Democratic super PAC supporting Gray, also went up with a spot criticizing Paul’s unsuccessful presidential run.

“Rand Paul is just a typical politician,” the female narrator says. “Lexington Mayor Jim Gray has been a success. He has created thousands of jobs and turned a deficit into a surplus.”

read more:
    http://mycn2.com/politics/rand-paul-...in-senate-race

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    New Paul TV ad focuses on national defense

by Kevin Wheatley
    10/12/2016

A day after his opponent questioned his security and defense chops, U.S. Sen. Rand Paul’s campaign released a new television ad on Wednesday highlighting his support for the military.

The 30-second ad, part of a statewide buy, opens with Paul speaking to a camera before moving to footage of troops marching, military exercises and Islamic State fighters.

“We need a national defense robust enough to defend against all attacks, modern enough to deter all enemies and nimble enough to defend our vital interests,” Paul says in the spot, which can be viewed here:

http://mycn2.com/politics/new-paul-t...tional-defense

Note to Jim Gray: You can't win running as a NeoCon *** unless your name is Lindsey Graham and you are running in the GOP.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

well he's trying pretty hard to run as a neocon

“He’s been against our military. He’s been against intervention. He’s been against our intelligence community. Now’s the time when we need, if we’ve ever needed, we need a robust intelligence system. Rand Paul has done more to unmantle and disassemble our intelligence system than any other senator.”

also very full of $#@!, this statement is completely laughable

If elected, Gray says he will work with whomever is elected president.

“That’s not something Rand Paul can say because Rand Paul is so partisan that he’s unwilling to work with anyone across the aisle,” he said. “My campaign is all about collaboration. It’s all about people coming together to work together for the benefit of America.”
    http://mycn2.com/politics/with-less-...ammer-sen-paul

you know you want to.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post

“That’s not something Rand Paul can say because Rand Paul is so partisan that he’s unwilling to work with anyone across the aisle,”
    Good grief, they must have some meme generator to make-up random insults that are similar to what people have heard before.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Note to Jim Gray: You can't win running as a NeoCon *** unless your name is Lindsey Graham and you are running in the GOP.
    LOL. My thoughts exactly. These ads will probably cause more democrats to cross over and vote for Rand. Stick a fork in it., This Jim Gray guy is done.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Great article! Love the comments! Maybe in 2020 the powers that be at Red State won't be so solidly Cruz that they don't give Rand a chance.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    LOL. My thoughts exactly. These ads will probably cause more democrats to cross over and vote for Rand. Stick a fork in it., This Jim Gray guy is done.
    yeah, I saw a thread in r/Kentucky today where people were discussing this. I don't know if they are going to vote for Rand, but doesn't sound like they're going to vote for Jim Gray after seeing the ad.

h ttps://www.reddit.com/r/Kentucky/comments/57d31n/jim_gray_and_the_patriot_act/

Both spots start with GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump criticizing Kentucky’s junior senator and former presidential candidate.

In Gray’s 30-second spot that focuses on defense issues, the New York business mogul calls Paul “a disaster on military and defense” before transitioning to similar comments from Arizona Sen. John McCain, Fox News commentator Bill O’Reilly and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.
    I'd say this actually helps Rand, and hurts Trump, and waste Gray's money...

win win win

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I'd say this actually helps Rand, and hurts Trump, and waste Gray's money...

win win win
    Well if it hurts Trump then from Gray's point of view it's money well spent. He's got no shot and beating Rand but if he can somehow help Hitlery......

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Well if it hurts Trump then from Gray's point of view it's money well spent. He's got no shot and beating Rand but if he can somehow help Hitlery......
    Possible, but Gray's probably just an idiot.

well he's trying pretty hard to run as a neocon

“That’s not something Rand Paul can say because Rand Paul is so partisan that he’s unwilling to work with anyone across the aisle,” he said. “My campaign is all about collaboration. It’s all about people coming together to work together for the benefit of America.”

http://mycn2.com/politics/with-less-...ammer-sen-paul
    LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Good grief, they must have some meme generator to make-up random insults that are similar to what people have heard before.
    Gray thinks he's running against Ted Cruz.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by helenpaul View Post
    Any polling?
    Incumbent Republican Senator Rand Paul leading his Democratic challenger Jim Gray, the Mayor of Lexington by 12 percentage points, 50%-38%.
    http://www.lex18.com/story/32686449/...-issues-survey
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Rand Paul got this in the bag!

Dem running as a neocon to try to shave of the military-first vote from Rand.

Instead backfiring with the democrat base and increases the number of democrats who vote Rand.

Rand has been pretty lucky with ads against him backfiring in his senate runs. The Aqua Buddah hitjob backfire handed him a landslide.

LOL wow is that the best Jim Gray has got?

According to Michael Gossum, the political director at WBKO in Bowling Green, Kentucky, incumbent Kentucky Senator Rand Paul (R), has picked up an an across-the-aisle endorsement from the Democrat Adair County Judge-Executive, Michael Stephens.

Even more stinging to Gray’s contest against Paul may be the remarks made by Stephens in his endorsement of Paul, stating that he would root his support in “principle,” and do what was “best” for his community.
    My support for Rand Paul is rooted in principle, not party, because my top priority is doing what is best for my community.
    This should be seen as very high praise from Judge Stephens to Sen. Paul, especially in a political atmosphere where party seems to outweigh any other quality a candidate may have.
    Sen. Paul has responded, saying that he was honored to get an endorsement from across the aisle

lol

using Trump to attack again...

Jim Gray uses Donald Trump to attack Rand Paul

Joseph Gerth
    October 18, 2016

Donald Trump was a thorn in U.S. Sen. Rand Paul's side when the two were vying for the Republican nominee for president.

Now, it appears that his words will continue to stick it to the junior senator from Kentucky in this year's U.S. Senate race.

Democratic nominee Jim Gray began an running an ad Tuesday that uses clips from Trump speaking at an August, 2015 press conference in New Hampshire, the site of the nation's first primary election, and ripping Paul on a number of fronts.

"Rand Paul is using the people of Kentucky," Trump says in one clip.

"He's a disaster," the GOP presidential nominee says in another.

"Rand Paul has let the vets down," he says in yet another.

read more:
    http://www.courier-journal.com/story...paul/92376580/