Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 52 of 52

Thread: Is Justin Amash going to run for president in 2020?

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    whoever tuns has to seek both the GOP and Libertarian nomination , ideally getting 2 lines, but also to use the Libertarian line as a threat, that would make it impossible for any other GOP candidate to win.
    Bad advice, it doesn't work this way.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    He needs to run for Senate or Governor first. Congressmen don't have a high enough profile to win primaries.
    What seats did Trump hold?



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #33
    I think Amash should run. He is pretty aggressive and well-spoken. He gives people someone to vote for.

    I think it is important to have representative of freedom views. I see his campaign similar to Ron Paul's in that he is a minor House Rep with no chance of winning. But assuming he is confident in keeping his House seat, he can be pretty loose about what he says which might fire people up. I don't see Rand running again and Massie isn't great for this kind of thing. If it isn't Amash, there really isn't anyone else. So I suspect Amash will take a crack at it.

    And the odds of Amash ever being Governor or Michigan are 0.0000% and I don't think he could win a Republican primary for Senate let alone beating a Democrat. It would require some sort of really good luck like a scandal that took the Democrat of the running. He was built to be a House Rep.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 10-16-2016 at 02:43 PM.

  6. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    What seats did Trump hold?
    Trump isn't going to win the general. He won the primary because 17 candidates fractured the field. In the process he destroyed the GOP viability for a generation and may lose them the house. This election should have been a cake walk for the GOP with how crooked the Clintons are. Any number of the other primary candidates would have easily had a double digit lead on Clinton and the email leaks would be a real story, not pussygate. Trump being where he is was a perfect storm.

  7. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Trump isn't going to win the general. He won the primary because 17 candidates fractured the field. In the process he destroyed the GOP viability for a generation and may lose them the house. This election should have been a cake walk for the GOP with how crooked the Clintons are. Any number of the other primary candidates would have easily had a double digit lead on Clinton and the email leaks would be a real story, not pussygate. Trump being where he is was a perfect storm.
    I was referring to the primary and your position that a candidate must hold a senate seat. That being a Congressman wasn't enough to get them the primary. Trump has never held an elected position, not even dog-catcher, and he is the nominee.

  8. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I was referring to the primary and your position that a candidate must hold a senate seat. That being a Congressman wasn't enough to get them the primary. Trump has never held an elected position, not even dog-catcher, and he is the nominee.
    Trump was an anomaly. Too many viable mainstream republicans got too greedy and all ran the same year taking each other out. In any other election, this never would have happened. I'm sure the GOP will never make this mistake again. The jump from congressman to potus just doesn't happen.

  9. #37
    to think Thomas Massie will never run for president or vice president is kind of ridiculous in my opinion.

    I see no problem with Massie/Rand/Amash running as the LP nominee, if the GOP hypothetically allowed them too, if they don't win the GOP nominee

  10. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    What seats did Trump hold?
    Trump is a billionaire who has high name recognition for decades.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  11. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Trump is a billionaire who has high name recognition for decades.
    Debatable, but he probably has more money than Amash...

    Name recognition though, certainly.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

    -H. L. Mencken

  12. #40
    Massie or Amash 2020 with Rand Paul as VP.



  13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  14. #41

    https://twitter.com/justinamash/stat...12334840406016



    https://twitter.com/thekekingstweet/...17364700000257


    Curious wording:


    https://twitter.com/justinamash/stat...18220350783488
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

  15. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    I'd support him no problem, but his best path may be through the VP. If the GOP wants to rebuild long term, the Executive branch needs good VPs who go on to run for P.
    The GOP is done. His only chance is to run as a Democrat. America is now a one party system.

  16. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    The GOP is done. His only chance is to run as a Democrat. America is now a one party system.
    I'm not so sure that this 'democrats are going to let in 20 Million illegals and let them vote' is anything more than a ruse to distract away from (accomplish?) the fact that Trump is reaching into the masses of ignorant former non-voters that we really do not want voting for his base. I don't know much about Amash but I think if Rand was up their today he would be pulling people from left right and center and I think the GOP down ballot would be benefited as well.
    Last edited by P3ter_Griffin; 10-20-2016 at 12:13 AM.

  17. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

    https://twitter.com/justinamash/stat...12334840406016



    https://twitter.com/thekekingstweet/...17364700000257


    Curious wording:


    https://twitter.com/justinamash/stat...18220350783488
    he couldn't make it any more obvious. I'm giddy.

  18. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    The GOP is done. His only chance is to run as a Democrat. America is now a one party system.
    I'd be fine with this. the republican party is for scalawags

  19. #46
    The more honorable people in the race the better.

    If we have a country left in 2020.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

    It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.


    Whenever someone tells me Trump is draining the Swamp.


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain

    Fascism Defined

  20. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    The GOP is done. His only chance is to run as a Democrat. America is now a one party system.
    Republicans control both houses of Congress (though the Senate could change soon) and an overwhelming majority in the governor's mansions. Not to mention that they have control of several state legislatures in traditionally blue states. If Trump wasn't running they would be virtually guaranteed to win the White House. 2016 will go down as a bad year for the GOP, but the party has seen much worse.
    Stop believing stupid things

  21. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    Republicans control both houses of Congress (though the Senate could change soon) and an overwhelming majority in the governor's mansions. Not to mention that they have control of several state legislatures in traditionally blue states. If Trump wasn't running they would be virtually guaranteed to win the White House. 2016 will go down as a bad year for the GOP, but the party has seen much worse.
    They would only be winning because the Dems nominated the worst possible candidate. After 8 years of Hillary, there will be so many illegals and refugees in this country that many of those Republican governors and congressmen will lose their jobs, and no Republican will get a majority in the electoral college. It's all about the demographics. The Democrats know it, and most Republicans know it. National Review, Red State, and The Blaze are the only delusional ones who think minorities will want a brand of conservatism invented by dead white guys.



  22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  23. #49
    I take back my previous comments. Though still an underdog, it's now looking more likely that Trump could pull off an upset.

  24. #50
    Justin..... please RUN in 2o20 and let Senator Rand run in 2024.
    if DJT is impeached, Mike Pence might be followed by a Democrat.

  25. #51
    Everyone on this site that has endorsed impeachment should be ashamed of themselves and Amash should be drummed out of the movement.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  26. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    He needs to run for Senate or Governor first. Congressmen don't have a high enough profile to win primaries.
    ^this.

    For 2020, some other more expereinced Libertarians would do better.

    For 2020, left wing neocons/Dems seem bit disorganized but right wing neocon donors funded PR officers/former Dems identifying as "Republicans" currenty have a powerful machinery and media allies edge. Coupled with former Reality TV star experience, WWE wrestling exposure and lot of funding from world top neocons isn't going to be easy for a relatively inexperienced libertarian to take on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads

  1. Draft Justin Amash for President 2020
    By aspiringconstitutionalist in forum Justin Amash Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-27-2019, 10:34 PM
  2. Justin Amash officially endorses Ron Paul for President (via facebook)
    By Philosophy_of_Politics in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-12-2012, 04:40 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 06:37 PM
  4. Rep. Justin Amash Officially Endorses Ron Paul for President
    By IndianaPolitico in forum Justin Amash Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 09:31 PM
  5. Rep. Justin Amash Officially Endorses Ron Paul for President
    By IndianaPolitico in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 09:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •