Thread: Whiskey Rebellion Event - 22 Oct 2016 - Afton, Virginia

Whiskey Rebellion Event - 22 Oct 2016 - Afton, Virginia

Saturday, October 22 at 12 PM - 7 PM

Silverback Distillery
    9374 Rockfish Valley Highway, Afton, Virginia 22920

For those that are FB-enabled: https://www.facebook.com/events/1815760892001610/

Join us for our first ever release of Blackback Honey Rye Whiskey and celebrate the Whiskey Rebellion!
    -Food from The SpiceSea Gourmet
    -Live music from The Folly (2-5)
    -262 Cigars
    -Specialty cocktails including The Smoked Old Fashioned
    -Whiskey Rebellion T-shirts for sale to benefit small business freedom in Virginia
    Proceeds of shirt sales go to fund Restoring Economic Fundamentals PAC: http://www.refva.com/aboutref/

RESTORING ECONOMIC FUNDAMENTALS

In response to repeatedly bearing witness to the influence of the beer and wine lobby and its devastating impact on legislation that precludes the potential for the parity that is critical for distillers, like Silverback, in the Commonwealth of Virginia, Denver Riggleman has created the bipartisan political action committee, Restoring Economic Fundamentals (REF). After seeing the bank roll of the beer, wine, restaurant lobbyists chart a narrow path of legislation that cripples the ability for other small businesses to flourish and themselves become economic powers that anchor and support the communities that surround them. REF is the vehicle with which we aim to reach out to citizens and send a powerful message to legislators that voting on principle must be paramount and supersede the ruling influence of high dollar donors with exclusionary interests.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kind of funny . You have a govt taxed distillery , or in those days the competition celebrating the people that did not want to pay the tax.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Kind of funny . You have a govt taxed distillery , or in those days the competition celebrating the people that did not want to pay the tax.
    Is this significantly different than taxed individuals celebrating the people that didn't want to pay the tax in the Tea Party?
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Forgive my shameful ignorance, but I must ask: what prompted governmental taxation and regulation of distillation? My first thought would be that it was to get in on the ground floor of a good government scam. But what would have been the real reasons, vis-à-vis the stated for both taxation and, more importantly to me, regulation (licensing and so forth)?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

I think I might be the ignorant one here, I'm not sure I'm getting your point. If it's merely "taxation and licensing are bad," we're in agreement here. The Whiskey Rebellion event is a fundraiser for a Virginia PAC that aims to reduce both. I don't know the founder (Riggleman), but I know two other guys that are involved with the PAC and they are solid Ron Paul guys.

H.L. Mencken