Thread: Rand Paul calls Trump's comments 'offensive, unacceptable'

Rand Paul calls Trump's comments 'offensive, unacceptable'

Rand Paul calls Trump's comments 'offensive, unacceptable'

By John P. Wise
    October 8th 2016

U.S. Senator and former presidential candidate Rand Paul on Saturday weighed in on the latest Donald Trump drama.

Audio from a 2005 interview surfaced Friday of Trump claiming he can behave however he wants because of his fame and power, that he can try to sleep with married women and easily grab them by various body parts.

Trump apologized for the remarks but ignored calls from inside the GOP to drop out of the race a month before Election Day.

"His comments are offensive and unacceptable," Paul said in a short statement to WAVE 3 News on Saturday.

Paul ran unsuccessfully for the GOP nomination and often sparred with Trump in debates until the senator from Kentucky dropped out of the race in February.

read more:
    http://www.wave3.com/story/33347941/...e-unacceptable

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Agree 1000%.
    There is no spoon.

I notice that Sen. Paul didn't call for his departure from the ticket. I've heard far worse on watch. Then again, I can cuss like a sailor in appropriate venues. Knowing the venue is what's important to avoid the Article 117 or 134 punishments.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

I don't think it's any worse that what Trump has already said. I don't think Rand thinks so, either, but he knows what will make people happy.