Thread: Clinton: "My Dream Is a Hemispheric Common Market with Open Trade and Open Borders"

Clinton: "My Dream Is a Hemispheric Common Market with Open Trade and Open Borders"

Leaked Hillary Clinton Speech to Foreign Bank: ‘My Dream Is a Hemispheric Common Market with Open Trade and Open Borders’
    http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...-open-borders/
    In closed-door remarks delivered to a foreign bank, Hillary Clinton declared that her “dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders.”

This statement from one of Clinton’s private paid speeches was discovered in leaked emails of Clinton’s campaign chair, John Podesta, which were made public by WikiLeaks.

One email, which provided partial transcripts of some of Clinton’s speeches, reads in part:

*Hillary Clinton Said Her Dream Is A Hemispheric Common Market, With Open Trade And Open Markets. *

“My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, some time in the future with energy that is as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere.” [05162013 Remarks to Banco Itau.doc, p. 28]
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    notice , no free trade .
    Do something Danke

I do believe promotion of Hillary Clinton is against site guidelines, but thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    I do believe promotion of Hillary Clinton is against site guidelines, but thanks for sharing.
    I keep forgetting some people here love globalism, open borders and trade policies that ultimate screw the American poor and middle class.
    Last edited by kahless; 10-07-2016 at 10:46 PM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I keep forgetting some people her love globalism, open borders and trade policies that ultimate screw the American poor and middle class.

I could potentially mastubate to that speech.

I keep forgetting some people here love globalism, open borders and trade policies that ultimate screw the American poor and middle class.
    As long as it's the Ron Paul style of globalism, open borders, and free trade, absolutely. That's what this website exists for.
    http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/...e-striving-for
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dH3_Lcfeac

Common market... Hmm, where have I heard that before.

Oh right, the EU. It's another word for centralized control of all the rules everyone has to abide by in order to sell something. By non-elected bureaucrats of course.
    "I am a bird"

Thank God the vast majority of Americans don't think like the vocal minority on here. You aren't going to get 7 billion people with competing group interests to respect individual rights. Libertarianism can only work where there are no group divisions. Good luck getting a billion Indians and a billion Chinese to stop identifying as such. The world can't sustain seven billion people at America's standard of living. Just how many people around the world do you think are going to accept a sustainable standard of equal living so that we can have a world without borders? Groups of people with ability will always wall themselves off so that they can live better than others.
    Last edited by misterx; 10-07-2016 at 11:50 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Leaked Hillary Clinton Speech to Foreign Bank: ‘My Dream Is a Hemispheric Common Market with Open Trade and Open Borders’
    http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...-open-borders/
    Unfortunately, that dream sounds great to 90% of the population. Experience and an appreciation for unintended consequences is a cure for those utopian dreams, but good luck getting anyone to understand that short of them being personally effected, and then it is too late.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post

I could potentially mastubate to that speech.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Good luck getting a billion Indians and a billion Chinese to stop identifying as such.
    Where did you get the idea that anyone here thinks they should?

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Where did you get the idea that anyone here thinks they should?
    They do. Now would you care to present an actual argument instead of obfuscating?

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    They do. Now would you care to present an actual argument instead of obfuscating?
    I'm not obfuscating. It was a question. I highly doubt that anyone here thinks that.

If you think they do, could you present an actual argument, instead of obfuscating?

I'm not obfuscating. It was a question. I highly doubt that anyone here thinks that.

If you think they do, could you present an actual argument, instead of obfuscating?
    Is it an important point? If they don't, does that make my argument fall apart? No.

As long as it's the Ron Paul style of globalism, open borders, and free trade, absolutely. That's what this website exists for.
    http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/...e-striving-for
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dH3_Lcfeac
    Uh, I can assure you that Hillary Clinton is not dreaming of a "Ron Paul style of globalism". From your link:

The Type of 'Globalism' That We Should Be Striving For

6/30/2016

By Ron Paul

There's no reason to fear a globally inter-connected world if free markets, private property, voluntary interactions and sound money were to exist and act as the foundation. That is the type of world that we should be striving to bring about. However 'political globalism,' with the centralization of global power mixed with cronyism, is where the real dangers exist.
    Can you direct me to a single example where Hillary Clinton advocates for sound money, de-centralization of global power and opposition to cronyism?

Thanks.