Thread: Hack Recycling: Guccifer 2.0 posts DCCC docs, says they’re from Clinton Foundation

Hack Recycling: Guccifer 2.0 posts DCCC docs, says they’re from Clinton Foundation

WikiLeaks celebrated its tenth anniversary today by teasing a release of documents that would damage presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. But when Julian Assange failed to release anything new, the individual who refers to himself as Guccifer 2.0 posted what he claimed were files from the Clinton Foundation's servers.

"Many of you have been waiting for this, some even asked me to do it," Guccifer 2.0, or whoever is posting under that name, wrote in a blog post. "So, this is the moment. I hacked the Clinton Foundation server and downloaded hundreds of thousands of docs and donors' databases. Hillary Clinton and her staff don't even bother about the information security. It was just a matter of time to gain access to the Clinton Foundation server." Ars contacted Guccifer 2.0, or whomever runs his Twitter account. He claimed the files came directly from the Clinton Foundation server—but declined to say how he got access to them ("I prefer to keep it to me yet").

However, a review by Ars found that the files are clearly not from the Clinton Foundation. While some of the individual files contain real data, much of it came from other breaches Guccifer 2.0 has claimed credit for at the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee—hacks that researchers and officials have tied to "threat groups" connected to the Russian Government. Other data could have been aggregated from public information, while some appears to be fabricated as propaganda.
    http://arstechnica.com/security/2016...on-foundation/

Since there's already a zillion threads about it, why not another.
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hey, this thread's actually accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    http://arstechnica.com/security/2016...on-foundation/

Since there's already a zillion threads about it, why not another.
    Thank goodness, the researchers and officials have come to correct the record!

While some of the individual files contain real data, much of it came from other breaches
    read: Clinton Foundation == DNC Slush Fund

They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

Real data:

"Total" TARP "Return" = 258449% payout/(donations+lobbying)

link to read -> https://postimg.org/image/apt5sgm8x/

Last edited by staerker; 10-04-2016 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by staerker View Post
    read: Clinton Foundation == DNC Slush Fund
    Except the files are exactly identical to the DNC files. And if you look at the properties of the files, they were created by DNC staffers.

The files have no resemblance to the Clinton Foundation. The type of donors would be different, and there would be information about the Foundation's operations. Where's the money from the rich foreign donors? You're telling me that the Clinton Foundation has received $0 from the Saudis, or any other gulf state? Not only does that not make any sense, it directly contradicts all of the past conspiracy theories about the Foundation.
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Except the files are exactly identical to the DNC files. And if you look at the properties of the files, they were created by DNC staffers.

The files have no resemblance to the Clinton Foundation. The type of donors would be different, and there would be information about the Foundation's operations. Where's the money from the rich foreign donors? You're telling me that the Clinton Foundation has received $0 from the Saudis, or any other gulf state? Not only does that not make any sense, it directly contradicts all of the past conspiracy theories about the Foundation.
    Exactly. DNC files were on a CF server. G2 has said there's more to come, he hasn't lied yet, we will see.

What happened to skepticism around here? When the file was marked such as it was, it should have sent red flags as to authenticity. RPFs should change its name to Infowars II.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    What happened to skepticism around here? When the file was marked such as it was, it should have sent red flags as to authenticity. RPFs should change its name to Infowars II.
    G2 has only released real leaks. Wikileaks has also only released real leaks, and has confirmed the leak:

G2 has only released real leaks. Wikileaks has also only released real leaks, and has confirmed the leak:

You need to understand how cons work. Healthy skepticism will save later pain. I am still trying to comprehend what causes some conspiracy theorists to blindly trust strangers who they neither know personally, and that have their own agenda.

A con artist is going to bait the hook by gaining your trust with the good information.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Note that nowhere did it say that it was Clinton Foundation files. What do the words 'various' and 'related' mean to you?
    H. L. Mencken

And...the leak of "CF exclusive" documents has begun...