Thread: ‘Finally. Someone who thinks like me.’

‘Finally. Someone who thinks like me.’

‘Finally. Someone who thinks like me.’

In a living room in western Pennsylvania, the Republican National Convention was on TV, and Melanie Austin was getting impatient.

“Who’s that guy?” she said, watching some billionaire talk about prosperity and tolerance. “Prosperity and tolerance? Forget that sh--.”

She lit a cigarette. Her boyfriend, Kevin Lisovich, was next to her on the couch, drifting to sleep, a pillow over his head. On the ottoman was her cellphone, her notes on the speakers so far — “LOCK HER UP!!” she had written — and the anti-anxiety pills she kept in a silver vial on her keychain.

She was a 52-year-old woman who had worked 20 years for the railroad, had once been a Democrat and was now a Republican, and counted herself among the growing swath of people who occupied the fringes of American politics but were increasingly becoming part of the mainstream. Like millions of others, she believed that President Obama was a Muslim. And like so many she had gotten to know online through social media, she also believed that he was likely gay, that Michelle Obama could be a man, and that the Obama children were possibly kidnapped from a family now searching for them.

“So beautiful,” Melanie said as Ivanka Trump walked onto the convention stage to introduce her father, and soon the soaring score of the movie “Air Force One” was blasting through the TV. Melanie sat up straighter. This is what she had been waiting for.

“Here comes Big Daddy,” she said, clapping. “The Donald. Big Daddy.”

Kevin was snoring.

“Here he is, babe,” she said. “Donald’s here, babe.”

Trump walked onto the stage, chanting “U-S-A! U-S-A!”

“That’s right, Donald — USA, baby,” Melanie said to the Republican nominee for president, who began his speech by marveling at all the Americans who had gotten him here.

“Who would have believed that when we started this journey on June 16th of last year we — and I say we, because we are a team — would have received almost 14 million votes?” Trump said, looking out on the cheering crowd.

“I would,” Melanie said to the TV. “I would, Donald.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...0dc_story.html
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yay moar propaganda!!!

(I'm not voting for Donald Trump, just providing some balance to the BS article)
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Being a democrat is damage that is difficult to recover from , so that explains alot .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Being a democrat is damage that is difficult to recover from , so that explains alot .
    LOL, Hillary and the left are demonizing everyone. Apparently Democrats who have gone Trump are now getting huge "profiles" at the Washington Neocon Post, essentially painting them as insane. Other Trump supporters are "deplorables". And Sanders supporters are basement dwelling barista losers.

As long as Hillary doesn't insult her base (mainstream media, MIC, Wall St, progressives, neoconservatives, globalists and assorted totalitarian foreign governments), she should be a shoe-in.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    LOL, Hillary and the left are demonizing everyone. Apparently Democrats who have gone Trump are now getting huge "profiles" at the Washington Neocon Post, essentially painting them as insane. Other Trump supporters are "deplorables". And Sanders supporters are basement dwelling barista losers.

As long as Hillary doesn't insult her base (mainstream media, MIC, Wall St, progressives, neoconservatives, globalists and assorted totalitarian foreign governments), she should be a shoe-in.
    She pretty much came out and said she had some mental health issues. These are the people being exploited by right wing propagandists that will be thrown under the bus in about 4 weeks.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    She pretty much came out and said she had some mental health issues. These are the people being exploited by right wing propagandists that will be thrown under the bus in about 4 weeks.
    And they are being exploited by left wing propagandists today.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

*gag*
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    +rep

That article epitomizes the typical Trump supporter.

ETA: This is just my opinion. Sorry if anybody takes it the wrong way. Please don't ban me again for it.

CPUd and erowe1 you both making fun of mentally unstable woman. You also exploiting her to go after Trump. Muchado btw also admitted to mental issues and she is a Clinton surrogate.

Then again this is why you are who you are. Communist "useful idiots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    CPUd and erowe1 you both making fun of mentally unstable woman. You also exploiting her to go after Trump. Muchado btw also admitted to mental issues and she is a Clinton surrogate.

Not sure how you got that, but completely untrue. Mental illness is stigmatized in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post

Can you quote me making fun of her?

Oh, good, it's from the Washington Post so it has to be true. Surely their owner Amazon wouldn't be in the tank for Hillary?

Article was spot on representation of rust belt Trump supporter, complete with chain smoking and concerned next door neighbor depiction. The further I read into the article, the more uncomfortable I was with how poorly it reflected on a person who has some serious issues. Yet, she was on anti-anxiety meds which likely made the decision to print move forward. (Not psychotic but anxious) She sounds like the same type of mark exploited by the Trump U scam.

Trump is playing a dangerous game by winding these folks up as he has and the tension that is almost palpable on the web from the energy of like-minded zealots will need a lightening rod to disperse.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    Article was spot on representation of rust belt Trump supporter, complete with chain smoking and concerned next door neighbor depiction. The further I read into the article, the more uncomfortable I was with how poorly it reflected on a person who has some serious issues. Yet, she was on anti-anxiety meds which likely made the decision to print move forward. (Not psychotic but anxious) She sounds like the same type of mark exploited by the Trump U scam.
    It is ridiculous and collectivist to paint all Trump supporters with that brush.

Trump is playing a dangerous game by winding these folks up as he has and the tension that is almost palpable on the web from the energy of like-minded zealots will need a lightening rod to disperse.
    And the progressive left creating race wars is helpful?
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 10-05-2016 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Yay moar propaganda!!!

(I'm not voting for Donald Trump, just providing some balance to the BS article)
    The guy Stefan is talking to makes good points, but he's also redundant. This should've been a much shorter video.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    The guy Stefan is talking to makes good points, but he's also redundant. This should've been a much shorter video.
    The co-host named "Mike" or the guest?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The co-host named "Mike" or the guest?
    I was referring to Mike. Andre is way too slow getting his thoughts out, and in a way he's guilty of the same thing he attributes to Trump supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post

Last edited by Danke; 10-07-2016 at 01:14 AM.

On the ottoman was her cellphone, her notes on the speakers so far — “LOCK HER UP!!” she had written — and the anti-anxiety pills she kept in a silver vial on her keychain.
    EM.

This is a slippery slope, who is to say that Trumpster after election would not expand “LOCK HER UP!!” movement to include “LOCK HIM UP!!” also.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    EM.

This is a slippery slope, who is to say that Trumpster after election would not expand “LOCK HER UP!!” movement to include “LOCK HIM UP!!” also.
    They are all friends, none of them will be getting locked up.

They are all friends, none of them will be getting locked up.
    Sad but true.

I'd prefer "GLOCK HER UP!!" but saying that out loud in a public space would get me in trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Not sure how you got that, but completely untrue. Mental illness is stigmatized in this country.
    "Mental illness" is big business in this country. The media has created an overly-medicated population.

Quote Originally Posted by OP
    counted herself among the growing swath of people who occupied the fringes of American politics but were increasingly becoming part of the mainstream.
    These people were never fringe, unless your only perspective is filtered through condescension. Their numbers are growing due to the increasing gulf between their values and the state's. The state breeds ignorance and fear; The state relies on ignorance and fear; yet the state wonders why their is so much ignorance and fear.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It is ridiculous and collectivist to paint all Trump supporters with that brush.

And the progressive left creating race wars is helpful?
    The comment wasn't about all of his supporters but the typical rust belt Trump supporter. Must be pretty bright to infer I believe them all to actually be chain smokers, too. No wonder you're a mod.

So you're now parroting the race war crap. Great job. Did you join the Dumpsters truth team?
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Reminds me of the movie Silver Bullet, and the drunken father watching wrestling before getting killed by the werewolf.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

The comment wasn't about all of his supporters but the typical rust belt Trump supporter. Must be pretty bright to infer I believe them all to actually be chain smokers, too. No wonder you're a mod.

So you're now parroting the race war crap. Great job. Did you join the Dumpsters truth team?
    "Typical" so you just proved Brian's point. You didn't really address the race war crap from the left.

You are making a gross generalization. It's collectivist. Perhaps you can clarify what is "spot on" and "typical" about them. I certainly didn't think you were talking about chain smoking, and that's a pretty weak comeback, as well as being a personal insult.

As for the race war comment, it should be glaringly obvious to all that the mainstream media has been pushing racial division as hard as it can because they believe it is to their political advantage. Divert, divide and conquer. The leftist establishment takes more and more power by agitating the people to fight among themselves. It's Alinsky 101, being practiced by the establishment media (aka Ministry of Truth).

I have not joined the Trump team. That should be obvious considering how much I have criticized Trump. And no matter what candidate A and candidate B stand for, it doesn't change my opinion on any specific issue, especially the manipulations and lies of the mainstream media.

Unless someone self-identifies as a supporter of a given candidate, best to just assume they are against all of them. Many people take offense to being called supporters of one candidate or another.