View Poll Results: Which round of the baseball playoffs will the Chicago Cubs be eliminated?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • NLDS

1 20.00%
  • NLCS

2 40.00%
  • World Series

2 40.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which round of the baseball playoffs will the Chicago Cubs be eliminated?

Cubs up 2 - 0 after 4 .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Mr Animal is rooting for the Indians.
    I just realized that Cleveland has a shot both NL and NBA titles in the same year.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Indians finally get on the board in the 6th , down 5 - 1 .
    Do something Danke

Cubs about 7 outs away from a win .
    Do something Danke

Long live The Goat!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Chief Wahoo and I will smoke tonight and I will advise him to fill his quiver with arrows and sharpen his axe .
    Do something Danke

Mr Animal is rooting for the Indians. I'm going to root for the Cubs and recruit the kids and my mom to join me just to keep it interesting.
    Mr A took me ot see Ian Hunter tonight. I think he's trying to get me to root for the Indians.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Mr A took me ot see Ian Hunter tonight. I think he's trying to get me to root for the Indians.

They used to have a little electronic cartoon of Chief Wahoo on the board sometimes , he would shoot two palefaces with an arrow when they got a double play . Nothing is more American than that
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-28-2016 at 04:19 PM.
    Do something Danke

I can't believe John Adams the drummer still attends the games. I went to a game last season at old Municipal Stadium (1993) and he was drumming away. Didn't know he started 20 years before that! They now pay for his tix. Dude needs a better seat!

CLEVELAND - If you've ever been to or watched an Indians game, you've probably seen John Adams, better known as the boom boom man for the Tribe - and in the running for throwing out the first pitch.

But who is he really? News 5 spoke exclusively with him about his life beyond the drum.

Everywhere he goes people just 'have' to snap a photo. Fans like Lewis Garcia say "he's just an integral part of the experience of coming to a game"

But his story isn't about how well-known he is...or even how many times he beats his drum. His REAL story is one of commitment.

For 43 years, Adams has attended almost every game, rain or shine. "I am truly blessed, because I get to enjoy something I love, playing the drum, baseball and meeting great people," Adams said.

And for just about the same amount of time he has helped to teach this water safety and mobility class for kids with disabilities, both for free.

Adams said, "It's a labor of love for me doing this"

Health and Human Performance chair at Cleveland State University, Michael Loovis said, "He knows our people, and you can't make up for that...if anybody comes and tries to take him, you're in for a battle, because I will not let him go easily"

If that weren't enough the 65-year-old has been committed to the disaster relief team in Brecksville and started the Cleveland Blues club. All as a volunteer and all for the community.

"If we're not here for each other, why are we here?...I get a lot of joy out of helping other people."

So when it comes to backing the Tribe in the World Series Adams said there's nothing that will keep him away.

"You gotta be there, you gotta be there...this year, it's almost like a storybook... we're a community, so that's not a team down there, that's part of our family."

After all, this is his home. Adams added, "I love this town; I wouldn't want to live any place else."

Adams will be at Progressive Field tonight, sitting in the same seat he's always sat in. He said since his first game with the drum in 1973; he's only missed 43 home games making his attendance count at a little over 3,400 games. - Now that's some serious commitment!

http://www.newsnet5.com/sports/baseb...ndians-drummer

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Indianapolis Indians were a farm team for the Indians in the 50's . The Ivy in Wrigley was an idea taken from the old 16th street Indianapolis ball park and copied at Wrigley . They were thinking of Ivy at the new Indianapolis Indians stadium ( Victory Field ) but MLB said no , hopefully it curses the Cubs for another 100 years , LOL
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Long live The Goat!!!!!

I sent a goat to Chicago today and he is currently outside the gate for Cubs fans to pet.The Indy Fox 59 sports caster chick has petted my goat.
    Do something Danke

Cavs jump out to a 7 point lead over the Raptors in the first quarter . Good omen for the Indians, because chicago probably has a slight advantage in starting pitching tonight , but they only hit in bunches and are due for another goose egg as they have been shut out three times since the regular season ended .
    Do something Danke

Indians on the board first .
    Do something Danke

9 more cubs outs and the Indians take control of this series ......
    Do something Danke

6 more
    Do something Danke

Well , that 9th inning got interesting , but , INDIANS WIN !!
    Do something Danke

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Well , that 9th inning got interesting , but , INDIANS WIN !!
    Hell yeah!
    I am the spoon.

The 1899 Cleveland Spiders , who went 20 - 134 , failed to shutout a single team the entire season . Since then , only the 1993 Rockies have done this .
    Do something Danke

Jack Coombs of the 1910 A's , Eddie Plank of the 1907 A's and Cy Young of the 1904 Boston Americans threw 13 , 10 and 10 shutouts those seasons . Pud Galvin of the 1884 Buffalo Bisons threw 12 .Only two pitchers have ever thrown ten or more in a season twice . Pete Alexander , one of those to do so did it in consecutive seasons ( Phillies , 1915 & 1916) . The other , was not Danke .
    Do something Danke

The 1899 Cleveland Spiders , who went 20 - 134 , failed to shutout a single team the entire season . Since then , only the 1993 Rockies have done this .
    That's crazy to go 162 games without shutting a team out (93 Rockies)
    I am the spoon.

Part of the old brick wall with the ivy still stands from the old Indianapolis 16th St ballpark. I went to rub it last week to help ensure the Indians beat the Cubs . ( Originally Perry Stadium , then Victory Field , then Bush Stadium ) It was used 2008 - 2011 as a storage site for Cash for Clunkers trade ins , a desecration , ensuring hatred for Obama for eternity .
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-29-2016 at 01:39 PM.
    Do something Danke

Part of the old brick wall with the ivy still stands from the old Indianapolis 16th St ballpark. I went to rub it last week to help ensure the Indians beat the Cubs . ( Originally Perry Stadium , then Victory Field , then Bush Stadium ) It was used 2008 - 2011 as a storage site for Cash for Clunkers trade ins , a desecration , ensuring hatred for Obama for eternity .

I remember driving by there every day on my way to work downtown. Saw a few games there. I think Babe Ruth even hit a shot or two there, but can't remember.

Speaking of walls, part of the old Forbes Field wall still stands on the U of Pittsburgh campus. The old home plate is in one of the buildings. I heard they constructed the building around the original home plate spot, but not sure if that's true.

I went to visit and talked with some guy working in the library. He actually cut away from work and showed me the spots for the wall and the plate. He said someone is always trying to get rid of the remnants, but some organization intervenes on behalf of the old ballpark. I have not checked in awhile, but would hope that wall is still there. They even marked the spot where Mazeroski hit his home run to win the 1960 World Series.

Ticket prices dropping drastically in Chicago ......
    Do something Danke

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Indians on the board .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Hillary for Prison .
    Do something Danke

I think the Indians wrap this series up next game .
    Do something Danke

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast