Thread: Kerry says he wanted to use force against Assad

Kerry says he wanted to use force against Assad

Kerry in leaked audio: 'I lost the argument' for use of force in Syria
    'I lost,' frustrated Kerry says in leaked audio

Washington (CNN) - Secretary of State John Kerry's frustration with the failure of American diplomacy was on display as he defended US efforts to help end the five-year civil war in Syria during a meeting last week with a group of Syrian civilians, according to an audio recording obtained by CNN.

But Kerry also expressed sympathy for the Syrians' demands that the United States intervene more forcefully amid Syrian and Russian airstrikes against civilians, telling the group that he "lost the argument" for using military force against the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

Kerry's comments came at a meeting that took place at the Dutch Mission to the United Nations on the sidelines the UN General Assembly, where Kerry was going from session to session in a frenzied effort to resuscitate a ceasefire that seemed poised to collapse.

"I think you're looking at three people, four people in the administration. I lost the argument. I've argued for the use of force. I'm the guy who stood up and announced that we're going to attack Assad for the use of weapons," Kerry is heard telling the Syrian attendees, referring to internal deliberations within the administration of President Barack Obama that followed Assad's use of chemical weapons in 2013.

Kerry also faulted Congress for failing to support such a retaliatory strike, saying, "The bottom line is that Congress refused even to vote to allow that."

"We have a Congress that will not authorize our use of force," he added, explaining that a new military intervention would be difficult to bring about.
    More: http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/01/politi...cording-syria/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Leaked audio"? Or perhaps intentional cover for Hillary...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Senator Mike Lee speaks some sense on Kerry's madness. (Although I don;t have great faith in Congress)
    https://morningconsult.com/alert/con...e-warns-obama/

“If President Obama and his advisors want to increase the involvement of the United States in Syria in any manner – including attacks against the Assad regime – they have a constitutional responsibility to ask for a declaration of war from Congress,” ...

Lee warned that airstrikes against the Assad regime “carries potentially cataclysmic consequences which the American people have never debated in Congress.” ...

“Should President Obama move ahead without authorization, then Congress must be called back into session to fulfill its obligation to debate and determine whether our nation should once again go to war,” Lee said.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

John Kerry "The problem is the Russians don't care about international law and we do". OMG, this is like Charlie Manson trying to blame his victims.

This from the Washington regime that is illegally flying bombing runs in Syria; Illegally arming and funding jihadists in Syria to overthrow the Syrian government; Illegally invading with on the ground troops to advise terrorist jihadists to overthrow and balkanize the sovereign nation of Syria. This from the Washington regime that has no authority from the sovereign nation of Syria to be in the country at all. This from the government that does not even have a fig leaf of UN approval.

This from the Washington regime that illegally invaded and bombed Libya, a nation that had attained the highest standard of living for its people of all of Africa. The reason we have now learned from exposed State Department emails was because Libya created a gold back currency and independent central bank giving rivalry to the US dollar. The system allowed financial independence from US dollar and Euro; and had begun to demand gold payments for its petroleum products; had organised a pan-African plan for gold back trading system, and was expanding that plan to middle east nations. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ght=libya+gold

This from the Washington Regime that bombed Yugoslavia into the dark ages and splintered the nation. And the UN investigations have determined all the alleged accusations upon which Washington based its aggression were false. Having completely exonerated the Yugoslav government and Milosevic.

This from the Washington regime that still occupies Afghanistan 15 years after invading.

The regime that invaded Iraq and a now admitted lie and continues to occupy Iraq.

The regime that funded and fostered the "rose revolution" in Georgia. The regime that funded and fostered a neo-nazi coup to overthrow the legitimate government of Ukraine.

And the list goes on and on ...
    Last edited by AZJoe; 10-25-2016 at 07:48 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

John Kerry Threatens More Foreign Jihadists Into Syria
    while condemning Russia/Syria successes against the jihadists and ignoring Washington's support for the jihadists.

McAdams: Would Washington consider any foreign backed groups (especially jihadists aligned with Al Qaeda) that took up arms to overthrow the Washington government as "moderates".

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog...n-assad-syria/
    Last edited by AZJoe; 10-17-2016 at 09:00 AM.

Syria. The right war at the right time. - John Kerry
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Jimmy Dore Rips John Kerry:
    We have been bombing Afghanistan for 15 years, 5 more years we get a gold watch. And this motherfu**er has the balls to stand up there and wag his finger at someone else. Well guess what John, I don’t know if you remember this … but you do the same God damn thing. You bomb hospitals all the time on purpose John…the United States. And you also bomb wedding parties, and funerals, and innocent people…all the time and you don’t give a f***in sh** about it John.. Because you are a hypocrite and a warmonger.

Secretary of State John Kerry's frustration with the failure of American diplomacy was on display [...]

[... H]e "lost the argument" for using military force against the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

[... "] I lost the argument. I've argued for the use of force. I'm the guy who stood up and announced that we're going to attack Assad [" he said ...]

Kerry also faulted Congress for failing to support such a retaliatory strike [...]
    IOW: "America not attacking another country" = "failure of American diplomacy"

And this is from America's chief "diplomat" ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yale Skull & Bones..other side of coin

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    He should be asked "How does it happen?"