Thread: The Duce Disappoints

Exclamation The Duce Disappoints

The Duce Disappoints

http://ericpetersautos.com/2016/09/2...e-disappoints/

by eric • September 28, 2016

The “debate” earlier this week disabused me of hope that Trump might be something other than yet another authoritarian collectivist.

He basically agreed with would-be (and probably will be) Chairman Hillary on every substantive point – from not disputing “climate change” to amen’ing her calls for government direction of the economy.

They bickered over details.

He did not denounce Obamacare – or take issue at any level with either the police state at home or the warfare state abroad. If anything, he has become even more belligerent on the latter score. For example, his blood-curdling call for the death penalty for any person who shoots an armed government worker (i.e., a cop).

Trump – like all authoritarian collectivists – views the lives of those who enforce authoritarian collectivism as particularly valuable.

Ours less so.

He defended presumptive guilt “stop and frisk” policies, an outrage against not just the Fourth Amendment but the core tenet of a free society: That a man who hasn’t done anything to arouse suspicion he may have committed a crime should be left in peace to go about his business – without having to prove he hasn’t committed a crime.

Donald is earning his Fez.

It’s all pretty depressing.

Trump’s appeal to date has been fueled by popular hatred for a system – a government/corporate nexus – that has become economically exploitative to a brazen and insufferable degree and contemptuous, at the same time, of whatever scraps of our rights remain.

A government – and government officials – who do whatever they like, often profiting despicably from it – and never being held to account much less put behind bars.

So many examples.

Snowden, for instance. This guy leaked “state secrets” revealing criminal actions of the government … and was targeted for criminal prosecution by the government.

Hillary commits criminal acts – and runs for president.

A cop shoots an unarmed, hands-up, retreating-from-her man… and is eventually charged with manslaughter. Only because of popular outrcry, which occurred only because the summary execution was caught on tape.

An ordinary citizen who shot an unarmed man walking away from him, attempting to retreat, with his hands up in the air, would be looking at a murder charge and decades in prison.

On and on it goes…

Trump’s meteoric ascendance was fueled by the hope that, somehow, he might do something to ameliorate these and many other outrages. That he might be different. Not one of them. Not another authoritarian collectivist.

Well, it looks like those hopes were misplaced.

On Monday, Trump ran out of gas. It was a sad performance – for those of us who were hoping (indeed, praying) that Trump was going to upset the authoritarian collectivist apple cart.

Or at the very least, give it a try.

Instead, he gave it a pat on the back.

Makes me want to go back to bed. For the next ten or twenty years.

Trump’s selection of Mike Pence – a worse-than-boilerplate authoritarian collectivist – was unsettling. But it could be put down to the necessity of making nice with the GOP partei establishment, which was necessary in order to secure the nomination.

I give him a pass on that.

But Trump’s refusal on Monday to disagree with Hillary in any fundamental way about the legitimate authority of the state – his piddling with her over how the state’s authority would be imposed by him rather than her – makes the idea of getting out of bed on Election Day seem pretty pointless.

They had elections in the old Soviet Union, too.

Team Red or Team Blue will win.

But the old American ideas of being left free to pursue our happiness as individuals, free from coercion to conform and submit to the “plans” of Dear Leader (and Chairperson) types in a far-away capital, their minions sent hither and yon to enforce these edicts…. well, they’ve been thrown in the woods.

Might as well vote for Chairman Hillary.

She’s more honest about her authoritarianism.

Now, perhaps Trump was merely unprepared – and fumbled. There will be another debate.

He has a second chance.

I would like to hear him question “climate change” orthodoxy and burst other politically correct bubbles. Talk about the problem of open borders and open-ended entitlements. That one – or the other – has got to be put a stop to.

But there are certain critical things he must do in order to recover from this debate which wasn’t (there must be disagreement for it to be a debate):

If he states unequivocally that the government of a free society has no business forcing people to purchase health insurance and, accordingly, will if elected do everything in his power to repeal – not replace – Obamacare, I will reconsider my decision to stay home on election day.

If he defends the principle that citizens of a free society have a right to not be stopped, searched or otherwise molested if they haven’t done something to indicate they’ve committed a crime, I will reconsider my decision to stay home on election day.

If he states unequivocally that individual citizens have an absolute right to armed self-defense (no quibbling about “sportsmen”) and that he will nominate only men and women who understand and support that principle, as enshrined in the Second Amendment, I will reconsider my decision to stay home on election day.

If he states unequivocally that the proper role of the armed forces is the defense of the United States – not offensive operations to establish global hegemony – I will reconsider my decision to stay home on election day.

These are the minimums Donald must deliver, if he means to have the support of people like myself who have had it with everything embodied by the Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama regime – a singular entity that has ruled the country for a generation.

If he is no different, represents merely the extension of this regime, why get out of bed on election day?
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, welcome to the party, pal.

Nice of him to give him a "second" chance, I guess. But damn, how many times do you need to be reminded of who Trump really is?! Even if he were to meet the minimums laid out by Eric, he'd completely do a 180 within a couple of hours. It's a con job - meant to play on those "misplaced hopes". Just like Obama.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Yeah, welcome to the party, pal.

Nice of him to give him a "second" chance, I guess. But damn, how many times do you need to be reminded of who Trump really is?! Even if he were to meet the minimums laid out by Eric, he'd completely do a 180 within a couple of hours. It's a con job - meant to play on those "misplaced hopes". Just like Obama.
    You and I know that.

Others, not so much, or, probably the case with many people here, the horrifying alternative is just too much to even contemplate.

I say embrace the horror.

I say:

FREEDOM!

There is no spoon.

That's freaky, the two juxtaposed like that ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The Duce Disappoints

http://ericpetersautos.com/2016/09/2...e-disappoints/

by eric • September 28, 2016

The “debate” earlier this week disabused me of hope that Trump might be something other than yet another authoritarian collectivist.

He basically agreed with would-be (and probably will be) Chairman Hillary on every substantive point – from not disputing “climate change” to amen’ing her calls for government direction of the economy.

They bickered over details.

He did not denounce Obamacare – or take issue at any level with either the police state at home or the warfare state abroad. If anything, he has become even more belligerent on the latter score. For example, his blood-curdling call for the death penalty for any person who shoots an armed government worker (i.e., a cop).

Trump – like all authoritarian collectivists – views the lives of those who enforce authoritarian collectivism as particularly valuable.

Ours less so.

He defended presumptive guilt “stop and frisk” policies, an outrage against not just the Fourth Amendment but the core tenet of a free society: That a man who hasn’t done anything to arouse suspicion he may have committed a crime should be left in peace to go about his business – without having to prove he hasn’t committed a crime.

Donald is earning his Fez.

It’s all pretty depressing.

Trump’s appeal to date has been fueled by popular hatred for a system – a government/corporate nexus – that has become economically exploitative to a brazen and insufferable degree and contemptuous, at the same time, of whatever scraps of our rights remain.

A government – and government officials – who do whatever they like, often profiting despicably from it – and never being held to account much less put behind bars.

So many examples.

Snowden, for instance. This guy leaked “state secrets” revealing criminal actions of the government … and was targeted for criminal prosecution by the government.

Hillary commits criminal acts – and runs for president.

A cop shoots an unarmed, hands-up, retreating-from-her man… and is eventually charged with manslaughter. Only because of popular outrcry, which occurred only because the summary execution was caught on tape.

An ordinary citizen who shot an unarmed man walking away from him, attempting to retreat, with his hands up in the air, would be looking at a murder charge and decades in prison.

On and on it goes…

Trump’s meteoric ascendance was fueled by the hope that, somehow, he might do something to ameliorate these and many other outrages. That he might be different. Not one of them. Not another authoritarian collectivist.

On Monday, Trump ran out of gas. It was a sad performance – for those of us who were hoping (indeed, praying) that Trump was going to upset the authoritarian collectivist apple cart.

Or at the very least, give it a try.

Instead, he gave it a pat on the back.

Makes me want to go back to bed. For the next ten or twenty years.

Trump’s selection of Mike Pence – a worse-than-boilerplate authoritarian collectivist – was unsettling. But it could be put down to the necessity of making nice with the GOP partei establishment, which was necessary in order to secure the nomination.

I give him a pass on that.

But Trump’s refusal on Monday to disagree with Hillary in any fundamental way about the legitimate authority of the state – his piddling with her over how the state’s authority would be imposed by him rather than her – makes the idea of getting out of bed on Election Day seem pretty pointless.

They had elections in the old Soviet Union, too.

Team Red or Team Blue will win.

But the old American ideas of being left free to pursue our happiness as individuals, free from coercion to conform and submit to the “plans” of Dear Leader (and Chairperson) types in a far-away capital, their minions sent hither and yon to enforce these edicts…. well, they’ve been thrown in the woods.

Might as well vote for Chairman Hillary.

She’s more honest about her authoritarianism.

Now, perhaps Trump was merely unprepared – and fumbled. There will be another debate.

He has a second chance.

I would like to hear him question “climate change” orthodoxy and burst other politically correct bubbles. Talk about the problem of open borders and open-ended entitlements. That one – or the other – has got to be put a stop to.

But there are certain critical things he must do in order to recover from this debate which wasn’t (there must be disagreement for it to be a debate):

If he states unequivocally that the government of a free society has no business forcing people to purchase health insurance and, accordingly, will if elected do everything in his power to repeal – not replace – Obamacare, I will reconsider my decision to stay home on election day.

If he defends the principle that citizens of a free society have a right to not be stopped, searched or otherwise molested if they haven’t done something to indicate they’ve committed a crime, I will reconsider my decision to stay home on election day.

If he states unequivocally that individual citizens have an absolute right to armed self-defense (no quibbling about “sportsmen”) and that he will nominate only men and women who understand and support that principle, as enshrined in the Second Amendment, I will reconsider my decision to stay home on election day.

If he states unequivocally that the proper role of the armed forces is the defense of the United States – not offensive operations to establish global hegemony – I will reconsider my decision to stay home on election day.

These are the minimums Donald must deliver, if he means to have the support of people like myself who have had it with everything embodied by the Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama regime – a singular entity that has ruled the country for a generation.

If he is no different, represents merely the extension of this regime, why get out of bed on election day?
    A-$#@!ING-MEN!!!!
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

As much as I hate the negatives I still think he can be used as a tool to "hold the door" closed from the left for a few years. With the Supreme Court justices Hillary intends to nominate and her policy of open borders there will be no chance of taking the country back if she is elected.

The only future for individual liberty if Hillary wins is for regional or state succession. Otherwise just stick a fork in it.
    Last edited by kahless; 09-29-2016 at 04:35 PM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    As much as I hate the negatives I still think he can be used as a tool to "hold the door" closed from the left for a few years. With the Supreme Court justices Hillary intends to nominate and her policy of open borders there will be no chance of taking the country back if she is elected.

The only future for individual liberty if Hillary wins is for regional or state succession. Otherwise just stick a fork with it.
    I think that Rubicon has already been crossed.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think that Rubicon has already been crossed.
    My thoughts as well. You're all rearranging deck chairs on the titanic... it's all going down man!
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

You and I know that.

Others, not so much, or, probably the case with many people here, the horrifying alternative is just too much to even contemplate.

I say embrace the horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I gave Eric more credit than he deserves if he actually held out hope for anything better from Trump.

That's freaky, the two juxtaposed like that ^^^^
    Yep.

Almost as freaky as the elections.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I gave Eric more credit than he deserves if he actually held out hope for anything better from Trump.
    Many are grasping at brittle twigs as they feel they are tumbling into the abyss. I can understand that. However, it should be apparent that Trump deserves no second chance.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    My thoughts as well. You're all rearranging deck chairs on the titanic... it's all going down man!
    I think the GOP is finished as far as presidential politics is concerned.

Bush was a fluke in 2000.

After that they tried:

The war hero, elder statesman,

The straight as a grizzly's dick, milquetoast moderate,

The blowhard populist...

And all failed/will fail.

The tipping point has been reached: between the hordes of "wretched refuse" washing over the country, and the majority of families now dependent on government handouts of some sort or another, it will be generations, if ever, before a true limited government president is elected.

Bush was a fluke in 2000.

After that they tried:

The war hero, elder statesman,

The straight as a grizzly's dick, milquetoast moderate,

The blowhard populist...

And all failed/will fail.

The tipping point has been reached: between the hordes of "wretched refuse" washing over the country, and the majority of families now dependent on government handouts of some sort or another, it will be generations, if ever, before a true limited government president is elected.
    You mean We(TM) can't vote ourselves out of this mess? OH NOES!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Trump is a Leftist. Imagining a Leftist will somehow protect against the Left is laughable. Clinton is not for open borders. No Democrat has been. Not even Sanders. Open borders would destroy union power and Democrats are not about to do that.

The only future for individual liberty if Hillary wins is for regional or state succession. Otherwise just stick a fork in it.
    Same could be said of Trump. The difference is the same as between the chair and lethal injection, that is all.

The last limited government President elected was Grover Cleveland.

Problem being Trump is a Democrat. He wouldn't select a truly conservative judge. Maybe a Democrat in a red tie like him, which would do us zero good.
    I am the spoon.