Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Those were the days!

Those were the days!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

People loved Archie Bunker and hated Meathead because they knew boomer liberals were full of $#@!. Even Sammy Davis, Jr. was in the Bunker bunker. He recognized Archie’s vocabulary was that of a hard-working American who grew up in a rough neighborhood. Davis told him as much when he appeared on the show as himself back in 1972. Archie liked him too, eventually.

http://takimag.com/article/three_tv_...#ixzz4Lb2kvPU2
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

LOL - The only network that will run these in syndication is the gay channel.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This would be ostracized today--to me this was REAL comedy!

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    This would be ostracized today--to me this was REAL comedy!
    This is indicative of the strange times in which we live.

Telling a good ethnic joke is liable to get you arrested.

So there is, in today's AmeriKa, this one level of stifling Grundyism and puritanical political prudery on one hand, yet on another level, it's a "let it all hang out" 24/7 freak show, if your particular perversion is protected.

Wut? Really? That's some funny $#@! right there. I don't get the gay channel, whatever that is. But, I'm not judging.

This is indicative of the strange times in which we live.

Telling a good ethnic joke is liable to get you arrested.

So there is, in today's AmeriKa, this one level of stifling Grundyism and puritanical political prudery on one hand, yet on another level, it's a "let it all hang out" 24/7 freak show, if your particular perversion is protected.
    That's life. If you suck joy and laughter out of it all you are left with is bitterness and hatred. Political Correctness has sucked joy and laughter out of life.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Wut? Really? That's some funny $#@! right there. I don't get the gay channel, whatever that is. But, I'm not judging.
    Yeah, really.

Logo TV network, is the only network running repeats of All in the Family, as far as I know.

Logo TV (also simply known as Logo, styled as Logo.) is an American digital cable and satellite television channel that is owned by Viacom Media Networks. From its launch up to February 21, 2012, the channel focused on lifestyle programming aimed primarily at LGBT people. Since February 21, 2012, however, the channel has been shifting its focus away from LGBT programming towards general cultural and lifestyle programming, prompting outrage from the channel's LGBT viewership, who responded by comparing the channel's new non-LGBT programming focus to that of the NBCUniversal-owned Bravo.[2][3]
    Can you imagine if you pitched an AITF script to bunch of tv execs today?

That's life. If you suck joy and laughter out of it all you are left with is bitterness and hatred. Political Correctness has sucked joy and laughter out of life.
    Marxism of any sort seems to do that.

Including cultural Marxism.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yup. Lead Zeppelin. Some shows get away with it today but they are animated. South Park, Family Guy.

I do seem to remember both of us agreeing that AITF was a sort of start for the whole "ridicule the family man, bread winner" meme that is constantly projected. After AITF it just took off into uncharted territories.

Yup. Lead Zeppelin. Some shows get away with it today but they are animated. South Park, Family Guy.

I do seem to remember both of us agreeing that AITF was a sort of start for the whole "ridicule the family man, bread winner" meme that is constantly projected. After AITF it just took off into uncharted territories.
    Mr Animal hates those shows. Refuses to watch them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Logo TV network, is the only network running repeats of All in the Family, as far as I know.

I don't have pay TV, and I see All in the Family. It's Viacom, but some network channel. Not sure though if they run some of the episodes that make the little queeers sh*t their pants today. I don't catch it much; however, every time I see it they are running the lame episodes after about season 3. I think the show dramatically changed after that, and they probably cut out the language that made it so great to watch the first three seasons.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 09-28-2016 at 07:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Logo , the LGBT channel .
    Do something Danke

I never heard the extended Those Were the Days Lyrics, but supposedly it was a longer song cut short to fit the intro. I found this:

Boy the way Glenn Miller Played
    Songs that made the Hit Parade
    Guys like us we had it made
    Those were the days.

Didn't need no Welfare states
    Everybody pulled his weight
    gee our old LaSalle ran great
    Those were the days

And you knew who you were then
    Girls were girls and men were men
    Mister, we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again

People seemd to be content
    $50 payed the rent
    Freaks were in a circus tent
    Those were the days

Take a little sunday spin
    Tonight I'll watch the dogers win
    Have yourself a dandy day that cost you under a fin

Hair was short and skirts were long
    Kate Smith really sung the song
    I don't know just what went wrong

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

It was.

You went from the benevolent and wise father figure of say Father knows Best or Leave it to Beaver.

Then to the addlepated bigotry of Archie Bunker. (But still hysterically funny, as is most ethnic humor and stereotypes, since, as is the case with all good humor or commentary, it is rooted in a grain of truth.)

Then to whining, weak foolishness of say Everybody Loves Raymond or the bumbling incompetency of Home Improvement.

To now, mostly gone, the male lead in most sit coms that I have seen are either underdeveloped manboys or f ags.

I contend the success of shows ranging from Deadliest Catch to Duck Dynasty to Mountain Men, are a direct backlash against that sort of "programming".

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I don't have pay TV, and I see All in the Family. It's Viacom, but some network channel. Not sure though if they run some of the episodes that make the little queeers sh*t their pants today. I don't catch it much; however, every time I see it they are running the lame episodes after about season 3. I think the show dramatically changed after that, and they probably cut out the language that made it so great to watch the first three seasons.
    Ok, Viacom must own the rights to it or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Mr Animal hates those shows. Refuses to watch them.
    I pretty much cut the cord with "Rosanne."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I never heard the extended Those Were the Days Lyrics, but supposedly it was a longer song cut short to fit the intro. I found this:
    The whole version.

I contend the success of shows ranging from Deadliest Catch to Duck Dynasty to Mountain Men, are a direct backlash against that sort of "programming".
    Mike Rowe should throw in his hat for POTUS tomorrow. Even with only 40-so days left he'd probably win.

Mike Rowe should throw in his hat for POTUS tomorrow. Even with only 40-so days left he'd probably win.
    I'd vote for him.

I'd vote for him.
    In a heart beat.

Think I'll get one for the work truck.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 09-28-2016 at 07:45 PM.

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast