Thread: Black Lives Matter analogy

Black Lives Matter analogy

I read this from a Christian blogger. What is wrong with this analogy?

One more way to explain why it is so important for Christians to focus our love by standing in solidarity and saying #blacklivesmatter is the analogy of the house on fire. At the fire station, the call comes in. “We’ve got a house burning down on Elm Street.” The firefighters DO NOT shrug their shoulders and say, “All houses matter.” We know all houses matter. They give their attention to the one that’s on fire. In our church, we know all lives matter. But right now, our black brothers and sisters feel like their house is on fire. We – followers of Jesus of all races and colors (what a privilege we have to be in a diverse church) – we lead the call to wake America up and say that Jesus cares about people and because of that we love people who feel unloved right now. #blacklivesmatter.

I want to tell him "What if their are multiple houses on fire on the same block?".
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Yep. All of the houses on the block are on fire. The only reason people are paying attention to the fires, though, is because of who lives in the houses.

The arsonist is the State. But no one wants to go after the cause of the fires.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Yep. All of the houses on the block are on fire. The only reason people are paying attention to the fires, though, is because of who lives in the houses.

Just a few more laws-n-taxes and the state will put out the fires............................................. ....Promise.

That's a $#@!ty SJW analogy. They also use a "All Plates Matter" analogy.

It's false equivalency. They can $#@! off.
    I am the spoon.

Like this SJW right here:

I am the spoon.

More like #BLM is burning down the fire station because they "feel" like the response time is slower than for white people, even though half the #BLM protesters are white and half the firefighters are black.

The above analogy focuses on a hypothetical social problem. #BLM "is" the social problem.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I want to tell him "What if their are multiple houses on fire on the same block?".
    Following this analogy, your neighbor tries to do something about the fact that his house is on fire, and you tell him that he can't try to save his house because your house is on fire too.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Aye, the problem is both black houses AND white houses are on fire, and we want to respond to BOTH, but here is a group that says "do not respond to the white houses that are on fire, but only respond to the black houses that are on fire." And then they get angry when reminded that white houses are burning too, and demand that we stop talking about it. I do not know that this is the right spirit to stand in solidarity with? There is also the passage about being unequally yoked, which applies in analogy to a lot more than just marriage only.

The answer is we work together to put them all out.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Or work together to put down the arsonists.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Or work together to put down the arsonists.
    Both, I would imagine.

I think it's time that we all stop listening the the MSM narrative of lies and hate, and work together to overcome this disaster so that Liberty can be restored.
    There is no spoon.

Both, I would imagine.

I think it's time that we all stop listening the the MSM narrative of lies and hate, and work together to overcome this disaster so that Liberty can be restored.
    Liberty cannot coexist with an oppressive government.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Liberty cannot coexist with an oppressive government.
    Agree.
    There is no spoon.

So...all lives matter. Amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Absolutely.
    There is no spoon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Absolutely.
    Talking like that will get you beat down some places.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Talking like that will get you beat down some places.
    True- but all lives do matter.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Never you fear, I listened to the head of the FBI state today that nobody knows if there is really a problem, they need to collect data to find out. And that there is nobody better suited to collect that data and determine if there is a problem than the govt. eased my concerns, truly.

True- but all lives do matter.
    !!