Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump: I Don't Want To Push 'Conspiracy Theories' But My Mic Was Bad

Trump: I Don't Want To Push 'Conspiracy Theories' But My Mic Was Bad

For those who thought there would be no more conspiracy theories after the healther movement, think again:

Trump: I Don't Want To Push 'Conspiracy Theories' But My Mic Was Bad

By Caitlin MacNeal
    PublishedSeptember 27, 2016, 7:37 AM EDT

Donald Trump on Tuesday morning complained that during the Monday night debate, his microphone was malfunctioning and that the volume was lower than that of Hillary Clinton's microphone.

"I had a problem with a microphone that didn't work," he said on "Fox and Friends." "My microphone was terrible. I wonder, was it set up that way on purpose? My microphone, in the room they couldn't hear me, you know, it was going on and off. Which isn't exactly great. I wonder if it was set up that way, but it was terrible."

"It was on and off, and it was much lower than hers. I don't want to believe in conspiracy theories, of course, but it was much lower than hers and it was crackling, and she didn't have that problem," he added. "That to me was a bad problem, you have a bum mic, it’s not exactly good."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...bad-microphone

Related

Was debate moderator threatened?

The Hillary Clinton health conspiracy theories have gone mainstream

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well... we all complained how MSM always tries to screw with the Paul's mic in some way. In this case :P I don't think there is anything wrong with the mic

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    Well... we all complained how MSM always tries to screw with the Paul's mic in some way. In this case :P I don't think there is anything wrong with the mic
    Agreed- he just came up with this to justify the sound of his sniffing.
    There is no spoon.

Many people are saying, including medical professionals, that there were possibly some drug usage involved:
    Sniffling, Speech Patterns Raise Questions About Trump's Cocaine Use
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

The mic itself was probably fine and it is more like AGC was turned on or filters turned off so the gain would go up with 1 second of silence therefore picking up his breath sounds.

Verdict, they screwed with the microphone processing no different from the same shenanigans they pulled with Ron.
    Last edited by kahless; 09-27-2016 at 08:27 PM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

Many people are saying, including medical professionals, that there were possibly some drug usage involved:
    Sniffling, Speech Patterns Raise Questions About Trump's Cocaine Use

Let's wait till all the facts come out and not jump to conclusions yet. But if this is confirmed by MSM, his trustworthiness/credibility would go down the drain and he would lose NH and possibly few other primaries, endorsements from anti-drug crusaders like Maine Gov LePage and others.
    Drugs are a major campaign issue in states like NH, Maine and few other NE States. Trump and his allies have repeatedly attacked SWC Obama's policies blaming him for proliferation of drugs in America:

Heroin 'apocalypse' shadows New Hampshire primary

Maine's governor blames heroin epidemic on men with nicknames like "D-Money, Smoothie, Shifty"

Heroin epidemic: Why Heroin availability/use has spiked under Obama presidency?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VskculJbx0

Hillary should tell him she will release her emails if he takes a drug test. A single strand on his comb-over probably contains thirty years worth of drug history.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Agreed- he just came up with this to justify the sound of his sniffing.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    The mic itself was probably fine and it is more like AGC was turned on or filters turned off so the gain would go up with 1 second of silence therefore picking up his breath sounds.

Verdict, they screwed with the microphone processing no different from the same shenanigans they pulled with Ron.
    Wow, did not know or probably forgot about that.
    But comments like this are only going to further fan such conspiracy theories just when news cycle had last few days without a major CT with birther theory strategically retired and healther theory somewhat contained at least for time being.

Lotta Hillary support these days. Althogh I'm sure she always had a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Lotta Hillary support these days. Althogh I'm sure she always had a lot.
    Yep.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Turns out he was right, after 4 days neocons allies admit:

Debate commission confirms Trump’s mic was faulty

By Daniel Halper
    September 30, 2016

Donald Trump’s microphone was faulty, the Commission on Presidential Debates confirmed in a statement Friday.
    “Regarding the first debate, there were issues regarding Donald Trump’s audio that affected the sound level in the debate hall,” the commission stated in a Friday press release.
    Almost immediately after Monday’s presidential debate, Trump began complaining about the quality of the microphone — saying that he didn’t have the “sniffles,” he just had bad equipment.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/30/debate-...ic-was-faulty/

http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/30/pr...was-messed-up/

Presidential Debate Commission Admits Trump’s Mic Was Messed Up

well pluck my life...
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

I'm getting pretty sick of the MSM trying to convince me to vote for Trump with all their pro-Hillary shenanigans.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Maybe Trump isn't a Clinton shill...

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Hillary should tell him she will release her emails if he takes a drug test. A single strand on his comb-over probably contains thirty years worth of drug history.
    I wonder . . . could they trace the hair samples to the coccaine shipments to Mena, Arkansas ?

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    ^This.

Althought doubtful she would be able to release stuff that was bleached by her experts.
    Hillary Rotten Clinton, First Lady to the impeached President Clinton has left quite a trail of obstruction of justice -
    maybe she should just receive the recommend prison sentence after admission of her "mistake" in the debate (?)

---------------------
    As for the Trump mic problems . . . the Clinton machine works just like that - ask Clinton White House lawyer Vince Foster ( oh you can't -he's dead)
    and confirmed now officially by the Commission on Presidential Debates

Debate commission: Trump had audio 'issues'

The Commission on Presidential Debates revealed in a one-sentence statement Friday that Donald Trump's audio was impacted earlier in the week.

"Regarding the first debate, there were issues regarding Donald Trump's audio that affected the sound level in the debate hall,"
    the commission said in a statement. No other details were immediately made available.
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/30/politi...-audio-issues/

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post

Yes, they ARE using tactics that were used against/to hurt RP
    Last edited by Jan2017; 10-01-2016 at 08:51 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Turns out he was right, after 4 days neocons allies admit:

Debate commission confirms Trump’s mic was faulty

By Daniel Halper
    September 30, 2016

Donald Trump’s microphone was faulty, the Commission on Presidential Debates confirmed in a statement Friday.
    “Regarding the first debate, there were issues regarding Donald Trump’s audio that affected the sound level in the debate hall,” the commission stated in a Friday press release.
    Almost immediately after Monday’s presidential debate, Trump began complaining about the quality of the microphone — saying that he didn’t have the “sniffles,” he just had bad equipment.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/30/debate-...ic-was-faulty/
    I thought the height of the podium mounted mic was fishy... they built these lecturns specifically for the candidates, yet Trump had to stoop to reach his while Bat$#@!'s mic was right at face level.
    Then screw with his lapel mic... now he has to stoop to speak.

Wow, did not know or probably forgot about that.
    But comments like this are only going to further fan such conspiracy theories just when news cycle had last few days without a major CT with birther theory strategically retired and healther theory somewhat contained at least for time being.
    So- if there was some mic problems in the debate hall, the audience still heard him and we all heard him fine over the broadcast.

What has any of this to do with his sniffing???
    There is no spoon.

Trump was treated very unfairly in the debate.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Washington (CNN)The Commission on Presidential Debates revealed in a one-sentence statement Friday that Donald Trump's audio was impacted earlier in the week.

"Regarding the first debate, there were issues regarding Donald Trump's audio that affected the sound level in the debate hall," the commission said in a statement. No other details were immediately made available.

The statement provided no evidence that the audio issue affected the television audience of more than 80 million people.

To CNN producers inside the debate hall, it sounded as if Trump's audio was at a lower level at the beginning of several answers, perhaps as a result of him standing too far away from the microphone attached to his lectern. During the course of those answers, it appeared as if someone had increased the audio level, making Trump sound louder in the hall.

His audio level never seemed to stay low for an entire answer. The audio issue appears to have been limited to what was heard by the audience inside the debate hall, and the variations in audio were not heard by viewers watching the debate on television.

The PA system in the auditorium and the TV audio were operated separately.

Trump had complained earlier in the week that his microphone wasn't functioning properly at Monday's debate, though Friday's statement by the commission said nothing about a microphone problem.

"And they also had, gave me a defective mic. Did you notice that? My mic was defective within the room," he told a group of reporters afterward. "No, but I wonder, was that on purpose? Was that on purpose? But I had a mic that wasn't worked properly, with, working properly within the room."

Speaking at a rally in Novi, Michigan, Friday afternoon, Trump said the commission's announcement vindicated him.

"It was just as I was saying," Trump declared. "Working that mic was a hell of a lot more difficult than working crooked Hillary Clinton."

He added: "I wonder why it was bad. I wonder why it was bad," though he did not speculate further.

In a New York Times interview released Friday night, Trump said he "spent 50% of my thought process" dealing with the issue. He blamed any problems he had at the debate -- his performance was widely panned -- on the technical problems.

Trump's Democratic challenger, Hillary Clinton, mocked Trump the day after the debate for complaining about his mic.
    "Anybody who complains about the microphone is not having a good night," Clinton told reporters.
    From the sounds of this, it looks like the audio tech was trying to keep up with Trump moving back & forth on the mic. It seems to be directional and sometimes Trump would lean into the mic and sometimes not.

Happens a lot and probably wasn't personal. I am doubting that Trump even heard it, as speakers very seldom hear themselves over the system as they talk. If he actually heard real problems then I'm sure he, or even the audience, would have indicated it at the time.

And I don't care if Trump sniffed; I don't care if he snorts coke; I just think this whole thing is silly.
    There is no spoon.

The audio problems were with the stage monitors/stage sound. It had nothing to do with mics. The media is intentionally muddying the waters and CNN just basically said, "well, they have admitted there were problems with the sound, but all of the people who watched on TV had no problems... Wink, wink". In other words, the problems were minor and didn't really have any effect.

Who knows what actually happened, but messing with what the speaker/singer can hear while they are talking or singing can be a distraction. Was it intentional? Toss a coin on that. As much as Hillary and the establishment like to manipulate and cheat, anything is possible.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The audio problems were with the stage monitors/stage sound. It had nothing to do with mics. The media is intentionally muddying the waters and CNN just basically said, "well, they have admitted there were problems with the sound, but all of the people who watched on TV had no problems... Wink, wink". In other words, the problems were minor and didn't really have any effect.

Who knows what actually happened, but messing with what the speaker/singer can hear while they are talking or singing can be a distraction. Was it intentional? Toss a coin on that. As much as Hillary and the establishment like to manipulate and cheat, anything is possible.
    If there were problems with the speakers/monitors that would also have affected Clinton's sound as well.
    There is no spoon.

If there were problems with the speakers/monitors that would also have affected Clinton's sound as well.
    Depends upon where in the chain it occurred. Trump and people at the debate heard a difference between Trump and Hillary. Problem had to be before the monitor's amplification, but also after the microphones. The symptom was coming from the monitors, but not the live feed.

Fox just reported that the problem caused them to adjust his live feed such that it made his nasal breathing was more obvious (amplified).

It's entirely possible it was his distance from the microphone, and the sound engineers for the live TV feed adjusted for it differently than the people doing the stage monitors. Trump was complaining about it before sniff-gate started, so his problem was obviously with what he could hear on stage.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Depends upon where in the chain it occurred. Trump and people at the debate heard a difference between Trump and Hillary. Problem had to be before the monitor's amplification, but also after the microphones. The symptom was coming from the monitors, but not the live feed.

Fox just reported that the problem caused them to adjust his live feed such that it made his nasal breathing was more obvious (amplified).

It's entirely possible it was his distance from the microphone, and the sound engineers for the live TV feed adjusted for it differently than the people doing the stage monitors. Trump was complaining about it before sniff-gate started, so his problem was obviously with what he could hear on stage.
    Also not his first time blaming technical issues for his bad answers;

Here Trump goes for the juggler on the mic- which is having issues. Interesting he didn't do it at the debate, if he thought the mic was a problem. Would only make his devotees love him more.

There is no spoon.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here Trump goes for the juggler on the mic- which is having issues. Interesting he didn't do it at the debate, if he thought the mic was a problem. Would only make his devotees love him more.
    Well, an everyday rally is a little different than the first formal debate. He would have been hammered by the MSM if he complained during the debate, and if the sound problems were intentional, perhaps they were hoping for him to complain during the debate. The idiot generally can not resist bait, but it appears that baiting him with women works best.

Anyway, it did occur to me that if there were problems, he could have mentioned it right away. It might have worked out for him better than what happened. You never know.

not at all. it's called a sound board... each mic has its own input, each input has its own controls. You can put a filter on the guitar without affecting the drums and bass, for example. Gain, reverb, distortion... adjust anything you want.

you said in another post that "most speakers can't hear themselves" which isn't true either. That's what monitors are for - so you can hear yourself.

I think they were fuggin with him to make him nervous, uncertain or less confident. Just shake him up a little. And it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    not at all. it's called a sound board... each mic has its own input, each input has its own controls. You can put a filter on the guitar without affecting the drums and bass, for example. Gain, reverb, distortion... adjust anything you want.

you said in another post that "most speakers can't hear themselves" which isn't true either. That's what monitors are for - so you can hear yourself.

I think they were fuggin with him to make him nervous, uncertain or less confident. Just shake him up a little. And it worked.
    Understand about sound boards- but the mic was said not to be the problem- that the speakers/monitors were and IF that's the case, then Clinton should have experienced the same thing. Plus, I have spoken before a lot of monitors where you still can't hear.

Like I said, I don't care if Trump sniffed, snorts coke or whatever- just think this has really become a silly subject to take away his bad performance.

JMHPOV
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    Maybe Trump isn't a Clinton shill...
    He's not. He's a shill, for the establishment.
    You bet your a$$ they have a plan to make sure they don't loose.
    This is not a r vs d thing.

Understand about sound boards- but the mic was said not to be the problem- that the speakers/monitors were and IF that's the case, then Clinton should have experienced the same thing. Plus, I have spoken before a lot of monitors where you still can't hear.

Like I said, I don't care if Trump sniffed, snorts coke or whatever- just think this has really become a silly subject to take away his bad performance.

JMHPOV
    The point about the sound board is that sure, all the mics are fine, but you fug with the signal on the board. Say you got a 8-line board, 2 mics on each podium - one for the house system, one for the TV feed. So you got 4 lines in. Piece of cake to fug around with Trump's house mic signal, so that it sounds fine on the TV feed, but sounds like caca on the house system. You play the house signal thru the monitors, and that's what the candidates hear.

If I'm the Clinton guy on the sound board, I'm fuggin around with what Trump hears from the monitors. Not continuous, just tweak it every now and then to make him uncomfortable. Little bit of distortion here, little bit of feedback there, etc. Especially right when he's landing some good punches. Think about how annoying and distracting that would be.

None of that would be heard on the TV feed.

Clinton would *not* experience the same thing because the only line that I'm fuggin with is Trump's house mic signal. The other 3 signals are clean.

If they can get to the moderator, no doubt they can get to the sound guy.

All you need to pull it off:

A professional sound guy that does concerts, recording and what not will own something more like this:

Last edited by Jamesiv1; 10-01-2016 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    The point about the sound board is that sure, all the mics are fine, but you fug with the signal on the board. Say you got a 8-line board, 2 mics on each podium - one for the house system, one for the TV feed. So you got 4 lines in. Piece of cake to fug around with Trump's house mic signal, so that it sounds fine on the TV feed, but sounds like caca on the house system. You play the house signal thru the monitors, and that's what the candidates hear.

If I'm the Clinton guy on the sound board, I'm fuggin around with what Trump hears from the monitors. Not continuous, just tweak it every now and then to make him uncomfortable. Little bit of distortion here, little bit of feedback there, etc. Especially right when he's landing some good punches. Think about how annoying and distracting that would be.

None of that would be heard on the TV feed.

If they can get to the moderator, no doubt they can get to the sound guy.
    Agree- but looks like only 1 mic at each podium, plus no audience members complained or have mentioned problems with hearing Trump.

BUT- Onward & Upward, eh?
    There is no spoon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast