Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. owes black people reparations for a history of ‘racial terrorism,’ says U.N. panel

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Ok, thanks for replying. I would have preferred to hear your definition of indentured servitude and slave. Or do you think the 2 words are interchangeable live slave and servant?
    Yes, in the days of colonialism, I believe they were interchangeable.
    There is no spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Even if slavery was the main reason for the Civil War, the right to secede was unconditional. The states don't have a right to secede if it's up to the union to approve the secession.
    Absolutely.

The war was to make us all slaves to a more powerful central government.
    There is no spoon.

Rather than Indulging the Reparations Racket, Why Not Abolish Enslavement to the State?

William Grigg

http://freedominourtime.blogspot.com...parations.html

Forty-five years have elapsed since the passing of Sylvester McGee, the last black American citizen who had been claimed by another American as property. Eighty-one years have elapsed since the death of Cudjoe Lewis, the last black American who had been born in Africa, captured by African slave traders, survived the often fatal middle passage in a slave ship, then vended to people who claimed him as property.

No living American for at least two generations has lived under the long-dead and universally reviled system of chattel slavery. No living American has ever been a slave owner, a title reflecting the abhorrent proposition that it is possible for one human being to own another. Notwithstanding all of these facts, the United Nations’ Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent, which reports to Prince Zeid bid Ra’ad al-Hussein, the world body’s High Commissioner for Human Rights, has published a report contending that white Americans who have never participated in chattel slavery owe reparations to black Americans who have never experienced it.

“Past injustices and crimes against African Americans need to be addressed with reparatory justice,” the report asserts. This would supposedly require passage of HR 40, which calls for creation of a commission that would examine “Whether African-Americans still suffer from the lingering effects” of slavery, and whether “any form of compensation to the descendants of African slaves is warranted,” and, if so, “what should be the amount of compensation, what form of compensation should be awarded, and who should be eligible for such compensation.”

That august commission would be a shakedown soviet with the power to dictate how much the “who” is supposedly entitled to extract from the “whom” – with both parties in this redistribution scheme defined in purely racial terms.

"The reparations could come in a variety of forms,” the UN panel pontificates, including "a formal apology, health initiatives, educational opportunities ... psychological rehabilitation, technology transfer and financial support, and debt cancellation."

The “legal framework” for this monumental program of plunder, the report contends, is provided by a series of UN treaties and conventions, including the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination. The UN panel demands that those agreements, and several that have not been ratified by the US Senate, be integrated in both federal and state policy.

Nothing less than full implementation of the UN’s “human rights” framework would be sufficient, the panel asserts, because even if the elaborate federal “civil rights” program were “fully implemented,” this would be “insufficient to overcome and transform the institutional and structural racial discrimination and racism against people of African descent.”

It is bad enough that US tax victims pay for the United Nations; it is intolerable for us to be expected to pay attention to it, and indulge the preposterous pretense that it is our moral tutor.

Regarding the well-being of “people of African descent,” the UN’s most notable accomplishment in that continent was to facilitate genocide in Rwanda by disarming a targeted ethnic sub-group. For six decades the UN has been an aid conduit for African kleptocracies while organizing“peacekeeping” forces that have provided full employment – with benefits– for sexual predators.

Following its tour of the United States, the Working Group expressed entirely justified alarm over the “levels of police brutality” and the official impunity enjoyed by abusive police officers in the United States. In their visits to Washington, Baltimore, Chicago, New York, and Jackson, Mississippi, the panel heard many black Americans complain that “from an early age they are treated by the State as a dangerous criminal group and face a presumption of guilt rather than of innocence.”

Panel members were frequently told that “the `War on Drugs has had a devastating impact on African Americans and that mass incarceration was considered a system of racial control that operated in a similar way to how Jim Crow laws once operated.”

In its recommendations, however, the panel didn’t call for an end to what was insistently described to it as system of “enslavement.”Rather than calling for an end to the War on Drugs – that is, abolishing the direct institutional heir to chattel slavery – this troupe of globe-trotting moralists emitted pious piffle to the effect that prosecutors, judges, and legislators should consider “the costs of mass incarceration practices” while perpetuating this system of human bondage.

Nowhere in the 22-page report is there even an oblique acknowledgement of the role played by the United Nations in cultivating the misery experienced by millions of Americans of African descent. While the framework of Prohibition was erected by American progressives a century ago,the contemporary War on Drugs is a UN-promoted enterprise.

The UN’s 1961 Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs is the enabling document for the global anti-drug jihad. The U.S. government didn't fully embrace that campaign until ten years later, when Congress – at the urging of the Nixon administration – passed the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act, which was a literal declaration of war on the American people. That legislation conspicuously noted that the U.S. government “is a party to the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs … and other conventions designed to establish effective control over international and domestic traffic in controlled substances.”

A few months later, Richard Nixon created the Office of Drug Abuse Law Enforcement (ODALE) through an executive order. This agency amalgamated several agencies – including the IRS, the ATF, and the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs (the direct ancestor of the DEA) and was given permission to “bypass normal channels” to prosecute the war.

ODALE quickly drew up a thirty-city target list (which included every stop on the UN panel's recent tour), created multi-jurisdictional task forces with state and local police, and unleashed newly created SWAT teams to begin the blitzkrieg. That UN-authorized domestic war, which has relentlessly escalated over the past 45 years, consciously targeted America’s black population.

“You want to know what this was really all about?” an exasperated John Ehlirchman admitted in a 1994 interview with investigative author Dan Baum. “The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news.”

“Did we know we were lying about the drugs?” concluded the Nixon confidante and co-conspirator. “Of course we did.”

The UN-facilitated drug war is largely responsible for the fact – noted in the UN panel’s report – that “one out of every three black American males born today can expect to go to prison in his lifetime.” At least half of those held in the federal gulag, and more than half of those in state-level rape cages, are being punished for drug-related offenses.

Once again, the UN panel’s report offers a satisfactory description of the irreparable economic and social harm resulting from a criminal conviction. A paroled convict, or one who has been given a term of probation, remains the property of the State, subject to the invasive supervision of a parole officer who can consign him to a cage again on a whim. As the UN’s “experts” were repeatedly told, this condition doesn’t differ dramatically from that of an antebellum slave.

Those who seek to destroy slavery root and branch must support an end to Prohibition in all its forms, as part of a larger campaign to reclaim the principle of self-ownership -- which, in an ultimate sense, would require abolition of the State. Of course, this wouldn’t occur to “experts” in the employ of an institution that sees the State in all its malignant variations as the center of human society.

Well, if the U.N. says it, it must be true...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

22 trillion spent on Great Society anti poverty programs.

Reparations paid in full.
    1) That 22 trillion comes from a Heritage Foundation Study...and is suspect, to say the least. After all, you get tax breaks for owning a home, having a child, etc. Is that welfare? Is that an anti-poverty program?

2) Your statement is kind of racist...because you imply that all 22 trillion goes to Blacks. But it doesn't...the majority of that has gone to White Americans, simply because they are the majority of the population. But a lot has gone to Native Americans (on the reservations), Hispanic Americans, and other types of Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.No. View Post
    Your statement is kind of racist...
    Isn't that quaint?

1st post and spouting "racist".......

I see a short stay...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Isn't that quaint?

1st post and spouting "racist".......

I see a short stay...
    Isn't it racist, though? If you assume only Blacks use anti-poverty programs...I mean, that is such a huge deviation from the truth...

The fact that the term racist is so overused doesn't mean it is never used correctly.

Isn't it racist, though? If you assume only Blacks use anti-poverty programs...I mean, that is such a huge deviation from the truth...
    Untrue doesn't equate to racism.

Speaking poorly about blacks, reds, greens or whites doesn't either.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The fact that the term racist is so overused doesn't mean it is never used correctly.
    blacks DO use welfare far far out of proportion to their numbers and then there is the cost of their high crime rate to all of us .

Quote Originally Posted by paleocon1 View Post
    blacks DO use welfare far far out of proportion to their numbers and then there is the cost of their high crime rate to all of us .
    Keyword here being only. It is a fact not only blacks that use welfare system and insinuating that is the case is kinda racist. Not completely racist but racist akin to the way two football players smacking each other in the ass is kinda gay.

Really TRUTH is 'racist'!!!!! That sounds kinda democrat.

In practice, if you look at who's paying the taxes and who's receiving tax subsidy via "anti-poverty" programs, welfare is a wealth transfer from whites to blacks.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Really TRUTH is 'racist'!!!!! That sounds kinda democrat.
    Well, poor blacks and poor whites both take welfare and do crime at the same rate. Suggest that it has to do with poverty, and not some inherent quality of race.

Look, think of it another way. Blacks make up ~12% of the population yet take about 26% of welfare (not including tax credits). Whites make up 61% of the population yet use about 41% of welfare. When you include state-level benefits, the numbers go to 22% for Blacks and 46% for Whites.

But Southern Whites make up 22% of the population, yet use about 33% of welfare. When you include state-level benefits, it is about 37%. So, at the end of the day, Blacks use about 1.8x their population level in welfare. Southern Whites use about 1.7x their population in welfare.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    In practice, if you look at who's paying the taxes and who's receiving tax subsidy via "anti-poverty" programs, welfare is a wealth transfer from whites to blacks.
    Overall, that is true. But it is also a transfer of wealth from North to South. From Asian to everybody else. From rich to poor, from non-Christian to Christian. From non-citizen to citizen. Why are these wealth transfers so rarely talked about (I'll grant you that rich-to-poor is).
    Last edited by Dr.No.; 10-02-2016 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    I have known you as one person on this forums who would not to miss an opportunity to say something negative about black people. But the post you replied to was a reply to a post which insinuated the $22 trillion that the US said they have spent on welfare state went to blacks/descendants of slaves. This is where Dr.No. said that it is kinda racist to imply that blacks were the only beneficiary of said $22 trillion.

Now that you've gotten the full story, I would guess that even a man like you would agree with Dr.No.'s post that the money did not only go to black people. And yes, everybody knows that black people take in a lot of welfare money, you are not telling us anything new.
    Last edited by juleswin; 10-02-2016 at 04:42 PM.

Well, poor blacks and poor whites both take welfare and do crime at the same rate. Suggest that it has to do with poverty, and not some inherent quality of race.

Look, think of it another way. Blacks make up ~12% of the population yet take about 26% of welfare (not including tax credits). Whites make up 61% of the population yet use about 41% of welfare. When you include state-level benefits, the numbers go to 22% for Blacks and 46% for Whites.

But Southern Whites make up 22% of the population, yet use about 33% of welfare. When you include state-level benefits, it is about 37%. So, at the end of the day, Blacks use about 1.8x their population level in welfare. Southern Whites use about 1.7x their population in welfare.

Overall, that is true. But it is also a transfer of wealth from North to South. From Asian to everybody else. From rich to poor, from non-Christian to Christian. From non-citizen to citizen. Why are these wealth transfers so rarely talked about (I'll grant you that rich-to-poor is).
    What if I still participate in " crimes" even if I am rich ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    What if I still participate in " crimes" even if I am rich ?
    Or collect welfare(farm subsidies, bailouts, govt grants etc etc) even if you are very rich?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Or collect welfare(farm subsidies, bailouts, govt grants etc etc) even if you are very rich?
    I do not know any poor people getting farm subsidies , I doubt that even exists . Another reason to disband the bloated , wasteful USDA.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    U.S. owes black people reparations for a history of ‘racial terrorism,’ says U.N. panel

<YAAAAAAWWWWWWNNNNNNN...>

Oh... somebody say something?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I do not know any poor people getting farm subsidies , I doubt that even exists . Another reason to disband the bloated , wasteful USDA.
    To be fair, a lot of corporate welfare isn't "free". Congressmen will frequently give sectors money if those sectors can provide jobs. For example, a lot of our energy subsidies and tax subsidies go to companies with the caveat that they must hire jobs. Farm and sugar subsidies are often intermingled with this. So the poor person that gets a job because of that subsidy is the beneficiary of that subsidy.

To be fair, a lot of corporate welfare isn't "free". Congressmen will frequently give sectors money if those sectors can provide jobs. For example, a lot of our energy subsidies and tax subsidies go to companies with the caveat that they must hire jobs. Farm and sugar subsidies are often intermingled with this. So the poor person that gets a job because of that subsidy is the beneficiary of that subsidy.
    First of all, I made sure not to include tax subsidies cos those ones are a bit complicated and I am not ready to get into it now. But farm subsidies, bailouts and govt grants are all forms of corporate welfare. And yes they have caveats to it, so does food stamps, unemployment, section 8 etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    So now that we have won "Global War on Terror" that Bush launched with help of UN, is UN advising us to start "Domestic War on Terror" now?

For the first time in my adult lifetime, I'm really proud of my country
    "Is that a high-yield strategic nookyoolar warhead under your dress, or are you just happy to see me?"
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Your statement is kind of racist...
    Could not possibly care less if that is how it was perceived, or if in fact, it was.

The "black community" has put the cause of reigning in the out of control cops (one of my pet issues) back 100 years by making it all about race, again.

Sick of the whining about racism, sick of hearing it about racism, sick of being called "racist" at every turn.

Do. Not. $#@!ing. Care. Anymore.

I stand by my original statement.

The hundreds of thousands dead in a war sold to the people as freeing slaves, which actually turned us all into slaves, and the trillions spent trying to uplift every black ghetto in this country for the last 50 $#@!ing years, have more than paid in full any reparations debt owed.

$#@!. Off.

Could not possibly care less if that is how it was perceived, or if in fact, it was.
    OK. Whether you care about it or not, it is what it is.

The "black community" has put the cause of reigning in the out of control cops (one of my pet issues) back 100 years by making it all about race, again.
    Really? I'd love to see your reasoning on this.

In any case, think about what the black community could say about the "white" community:

The white community invaded their lands, destroyed their cultures, destroyed their native religions, stole their wealth, stole their natural resources, broke up the natively arisen communities...and then brought them in chains to a new land; beat them, tortured them, and enslaved them. Stole trillions and trillions (studies have estimated more than 90 trillion in lost wages when you factor in interest) of labor from them. Broke apart their families, sold their children into slavery, raped them, assaulted them, and lynched them. And then when they are no longer slaves, a huge portion of this country systematically discriminated against them. They weren't allowed to vote, own certain properties, work certain jobs, eat in certain restaurants, go to certain schools. They were hounded and brutalized by the police. And some of that, while not institutionalized, persists today.

Those are the actual crimes the white community has enacted on the black community. Yet you have the stones to castigate the black community?

Keep in mind, that I think that viewing people in terms of "communities" and race is fairly harmful. It is a bad idea. But in the history of blacks vs. whites, whites are easily the greater devils.

Sick of the whining about racism, sick of hearing it about racism, sick of being called "racist" at every turn.
    I suppose you'd want a doctor who tells you everything is A-OK when you have terminal cancer? The truth hurts, I guess.

I stand by my original statement.
    Few would have the courage to stand by such a proven lie. Bravo, I guess.

The hundreds of thousands dead in a war sold to the people as freeing slaves, which actually turned us all into slaves, and the trillions spent trying to uplift every black ghetto in this country for the last 50 $#@!ing years, have more than paid in full any reparations debt owed.
    Except that trillions and trillions have also been spent uplifting white, Hispanic, Asian, and Native American "ghettos". How can it be reparations if everyone gets it?

I also like your subtle shot “if any reparations debt owed”. So what, Blacks should be thanking Whites for enslaving them?
    Last edited by Dr.No.; 10-02-2016 at 09:22 PM.

But in the history of blacks vs. whites, whites are easily the greater devils.
    Duly noted.

Therefore, a separation is in order.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Really? I'd love to see your reasoning on this.
    By making it all about primarily race, and not about cops, it puts everybody back into their respective corners, rendering them impotent in the face of a growing and increasingly aggressive police state.

I also like your subtle shot “if any reparations debt owed”. So what, Blacks should be thanking Whites for enslaving them?
    Everybody in every family has stories to tell of the hardships of the past. But the reality is, everybody is better off now with our technological advancements. So why don't we just celebrate that.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Everybody in every family has stories to tell of the hardships of the past. But the reality is, everybody is better off now with our technological advancements. So why don't we just celebrate that.
    I will celebrate , last yr I traded for two metal tips for two of my arrows .
    Do something Danke

So what, Blacks should be thanking Whites for enslaving them?
    There's not a black alive who was ever enslaved.

$#@! the whole lot of people who think they're entitled to my earnings for something they claim my ancestors might have possibly done to one of their supposed ancestors.

I feel absolutely no guilt or shame for I have done nothing wrong.

I have not and will not coddle or entertain fools who believe they're entitled to wealth or property I have earned.

Shame on you for swallowing the bait. SMGDH

By making it all about primarily race, and not about cops, it puts everybody back into their respective corners, rendering them impotent in the face of a growing and increasingly aggressive police state.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.
    I try and try and try to tell my friends lining up in the BLM corner to stop but they just won't ...
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast