Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spiders!

“[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bleagh...

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

What I hate is when you are sound asleep, and something walking up your arm wakes you up. You grab it half awake, and then have to squish a big spider in your hand. Makes it hard to fall back asleep.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Clowns!

Snakes!

And I walked into one of the disgusting $#@!ers webs just now, while getting a tool out of my truck.
    You can walk down a path, and come back ten minutes later and there are thick strands going across the same path.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

many years ago.. 1972 I think, the first year Disney world opened the haunted mansion, in the bowels of that ride, while you were sitting in the little cart, one of the scares was just a thin string hung from the ceiling that ran across your face.. felt like a spider web

sometimes ya don't even need the spider to be creeped out
    Those strings are long gone
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Here we have tarantulas, and also these giant Green Lynx spiders.

Put away the flamethrowers...

"The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Try some Mexican food they said...it's good they said.

Mexico City restaurant busted over protected tarantula tacos

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/restauran...arantula-tacos

MEXICO CITY (AP) - Fancy a tarantula taco for a cool $27? Not so fast, Mexican authorities say.

A Mexico City market restaurant recently put the arachnids on its menu and posted a video on Facebook showing a chef torching one until blackened.

The only problem: The Mexican red rump tarantula is a protected species.

The federal environmental protection agency said Tuesday it was alerted to the situation via social media and seized four tarantula corpses that were ready to be served up on tortillas.

The tarantula tacos were apparently on offer for 500 pesos, or 50 times the price of a basic street taco.

The restaurant's menu also features other creepy-crawlies such as grasshoppers, worms and ant eggs, which have a long tradition in Mexican cuisine, and scorpions, which are less common.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've heard tarantulas taste like crab. I'd try one.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I've heard tarantulas taste like crab. I'd try one.
    Fact: snakes taste like chicken.

Fact: snakes taste like chicken.

I also heard humans taste like pork.

I don't believe snakes taste like chicken. I've had gator and it definitely has a reptile wang. I imagine snakes have it too but I bet it's stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I also heard humans taste like pork.

I don't believe snakes taste like chicken. I've had gator and it definitely has a reptile wang. I imagine snakes have it too but I bet it's stronger.
    I've had snake, and it's "chicken-ney".

I've had snake, and it's "chicken-ney".
    chicanery

Thousands of creepy-crawlers stolen from Philadelphia museum
    ​Have you seen these bugs?

One of the museum's missing 'family' members is a six-eyed sand spider, which is among one of the world's most venomous creatures. (Photo: Dan Olsen/Shutterstock)

A Philadelphia museum is pleading with thieves to bring back its bugs.

In all, 7,000 insects, arachnids and lizards disappeared from the Philadelphia Insectarium and Butterfly Pavilion last week. And they didn't creepy-crawl themselves out of the building on their own.

According to a New York Times report, police have zeroed in on three suspects, all current or former museum employees. The report cites security footage showing thieves slipping out of the building with large plastic containers. And inside those containers? An estimated $50,000 worth of giant African mantises, bumblebee millipedes, warty glowspot roaches, tarantulas, dwarf and tiger hissers, and leopard geckos.

more..https://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/an...delphia-museum
    "The Patriarch"

It’s that time of year when wherever you walk outside, you end up with strong strands of spider web wrapped around you. Don’t mind spiders, hate webs!

You know those 4 spiders you swallow in your sleep every year?

Who do you think keeps putting them there?
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 09-07-2018 at 04:19 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    You know those 4 spiders you swallow in your sleep every year?

Who do you think keeps putting them there?

Top 10 Deadliest Spiders

Jonathan H. Kantor
    78 Comments

Deadliest spiders are a subject that you would think we would have covered long ago, but believe it or not, Listverse has never ranked spiders in this way. We have covered deadly snakes and other venomous creatures, but venomous spiders have be long ignored. Until today.
    Before we begin let’s just quickly clear up one point of confusion: spiders are (usually) venomous not poisonous. For something to be poisonous it must be harmful through being eaten. To be venomous, a thing must be harmful by injecting venom—via fangs in the bulk of cases with deadly spiders. Now, on with the list!

Across the globe, most people can agree that spiders are critters they want nothing to do with. A fear of spiders, otherwise known as arachnophobia, is one of the most widespread fears people have, and there’s a good reason for it.
    Most of our fears don’t stem from irrational places; they come from evolving on a dangerous planet. Even though most spiders are harmless to humans, there are several species capable of killing you with a bite or two, and it’s because of these ten that arachnophobia is anything but irrational.
    10 Whistling Tarantula—Selenocosmia Crassipes

Australia has its own species of Tarantulas, some of which are known as whistling or barking tarantulas due to the hissing sound they make when provoked.[1] Their venom is not fatal to humans, but it does pack a punch, thanks to the 1 cm fangs that deliver it. While they don’t pose a fatal risk to adult humans, a bite from one will kill a large dog in under 30 minutes. If they do strike a full-sized adult with full envenomation, you can expect to vomit your guts out for as long as six to eight hours.[2]
    Their bites are particularly painful because of the long fangs, and the bite can result in swelling, which can extend from the bite mark to other nearby extremities. A researcher in Queensland was bitten by one in 2010, and they described their experience, “The pain was so intense that sleep that night was impossible. Fifteen hours post-bite, the adjoining finger, and upper hand were also swollen and painful.”[3] While you won’t die if you’re bitten, you should seek immediate medical attention should a bite occur.

9 Yellow Sac Spider—Cheiracanthium Inclusum

Yellow Sac Spiders are widely distributed spiders ranging in size from only 3 to 15 mm. You’ve probably seen them numerous times over the years and not given them much thought due to their size, but size rarely matters when it comes to spider bites. A Yellow Sac Spider’s venom contains a cytotoxin, which is a nasty substance that impairs call functions, often leading to cellular death. You will immediately know if one bites, as their bites are incredibly painful.[4]
    The good news about a Yellow Sac Spider bite is that it’s not going to kill you.[5] You may wish you were dead when the pain hits, but there have never been any reported deaths. These spiders will aggressively defend their territory, and the last thing you want to do is threaten one of their egg sacs. Their venom does cause limited necrosis of the skin in the area where a bit occurs, which often results in a misdiagnosis of a Brown Recluse bite. Some species of Cheiracanthium’s bite is more severe than others, but the most common are C. inclusum and C. mildei.
    8 Brown Recluse Spider—Loxosceles Reclusa

The Brown Recluse Spider is one of the most feared spiders in the civilized world due to the nature of its venom. While bites from a Brown Recluse will likely not result in the death of a person, it will cause the death of tissue, as its venom is highly necrotic. Much like a rattlesnake bite, the venom of a Brown Recluse will course through your veins at the site of the bite, resulting in the death of the tissue at the bite location.[6] One of the problems with a bite is that it may not be initially felt, nor will it always be immediately painful. The resulting symptoms can be misidentified as a result.
    The severity of the necrosis varies, and not all bites result in tissue death. Only 37% of bites will cause skin tissue to die. A small percentage of people may experience hemolysis — the bursting of red blood vessels.[7] The fear of necrosis is what makes these spiders particularly scary to humans, and they are all over the central and southern United States, though they are rarely aggressive. Untreated bites can result in large portions of skin becoming gangrenous.

7 Redback Spider—Latrodectus Hasseltii

The Redback Spider, sometimes called the Australian Black Widow, is often mistaken for a Black Widow thanks to the similar coloring and red mark found on the backs of females. They are highly venomous with a cocktail of different types of neurotoxins that deliver a staggeringly high amount of pain in humans.[8] Fortunately, they don’t often strike with full venomization, preferring to hold back some of their precious venom for prey animals. If a Redback Spider were to deliver its full load in a bite, it would likely result in death.
    That being said, there have been no known deaths attributed to these spiders since the invention of its antivenom in 1956. Before that time, a bite could result in death, which would likely be the same today were it not possible to get the antivenom in time. The dangerous symptoms from a bite include nausea, excessive sweating near the bite, muscle weakness, and vomiting. These spiders aren’t particularly shy, and they will strike a person if they feel threatened, which is what happened to one unfortunate Australian man who encountered one while sitting on a toilet.[9]
    6 Brown Widow Spider—Latrodectus Geometricus

The Brown Widow Spider is an incredibly dangerous cousin to the more familiar Black Widow. These lovely little beasts carry a particularly dangerous neurotoxin in their venom, which can result in a condition named after the spider’s bite called Latrodectism.[10] The Brown Widow Spider’s venom is more toxic than its famous cousin, but thanks to its stingy nature, it doesn’t completely envenomize humans with a bite.[11] These spiders are particularly shy, and will only bite a person who disturbs them, or if they feel threatened.
    That being said, a bite from a Brown Widow spider is going to hurt. A lot. There have been no recorded deaths from their bite, but the pain from a single bite has been described as being hit with something “like a sledgehammer.”[12] The venom will cause immediate pain and muscle contractions, and if left untreated in a particularly sensitive location, the bite can result in spinal or cerebral paralysis. Their distribution has become cosmopolitan, and they are found throughout the developed world.

5 Six-Eyed Sand Spider—Sicarius Hahni

The Six-Eyed Sand Spider is a relative of Recluse Spiders, though it is only found in the deserts of southern Africa. The spiders are excellent at camouflage thanks to their being covered by tiny hairs called setae.[13] The hairs pick up sand particles to create a sort of ghillie suit it wears as it buries itself under the sand. It sits there, patiently waiting for prey to come along so it can ambush and kill it quickly. These spiders rarely attack humans, but if they do, the bite could be dangerous.
    Most bites do not result in envenomation since they prefer to store that for food they can actually eat. That’s a good thing, seeing as their venom contains a cryotoxin capable of destroying tissue and even organs. A bite with full envenomation would likely lead to hemorrhaging followed by liver and kidney failure. Death would come soon after, and there is no antivenom.[14] Fortunately, there are no recorded cases of these shy critters envenoming a bite in humans, but from what we understand of their venom, that’s a good thing.
    4 Black Widow Spider—Latrodectus Mactans

Black Widow Spiders are some of the most notorious arachnids on the planet, and their level of danger can be seen in how much they have invaded our popular culture. The term “Black Widow” has been used to describe a woman who kills her husband(s) while Marvel Comics opted to name a deadly assassin after the little buggers. They are found throughout North America, Central America, Africa, and the West Indies, so there’s a good chance one is crawling up your back right now.
    National Geographic[15] lists them as the most venomous spider in North America with a venom that is 15 times stronger than a rattlesnake. A bite from a Black Widow will result in a small pricking of the skin, but don’t let the size of the mark fool you; there’s a dangerous amount of venom coursing through your veins, which can cause severe muscle cramping, nausea, and paralysis of the diaphragm, which can result in difficulty breathing.[16] A bite can theoretically kill infants and the elderly, but no recorded cases of this happening are known.

3 Chilean Recluse Spider—Loxosceles Laeta

Brown Recluse spiders are often feared for their necrotizing venom, but they pale in comparison to their Chilean cousins. The Chilean Recluse Spider is considered to be the most dangerous of all the Recluse Spiders, and their bite can cause some serious damage or even death. Fortunately, like most Recluse spiders, they don’t often interact with humans and will only bite if they feel threatened. Their venom contains a dermonecrotic agent,[17] which kills off skin tissue in the area of the bite. When a bite is serious enough, it can cause deadlier issues.
    In about 4% of cases, the venom caused a series of failures resulting in death. This can happen if the bite consists of a particularly large amount of venom, or if it hits an area near the heart or kidneys. Renal failure is the most common severe reaction to a bite with full envenomation, but these are incredibly rare. Their venom is 15 times more toxic than some species of cobra, and as much as 10 times more potent than sulfuric acid.[18]
    2 Sydney Funnel Web Spider—Atrax Robustus

While Australia may be known for its larger, more toothy animals, there is one spider that stands as the most dangerous of them all in the land down under. The Sydney Funnel Web Spider is listed by Guinness World Records as being the “most venomous”[19] spider in terms of toxicity to humans. While a lethal dose of venom is currently unknown, the spider’s lethality to the crab-earing macaque has been noted as 0.2 milligrams per kilogram. An average venom yield from a male Sydney Funnel Web Spider is 176 milligrams.[20]
    The venom of the Sydney Funnel Web Spider is particularly harmful to primates, which includes humans. The venom contains a compound called δ-atracotoxin, which inhibits a primate’s nervous system, and when they bite, they don’t hold anything back. Snakes typically reserve their venom and don’t deliver it all with a strike, but spiders are far less conservative. They issue a full envenomation with a bite, and there have been numerous deaths[21] attributed to the Sydney Funnel Web Spider prior to the creation of an antivenom in 1991.[22][23]
    1 Brazilian Wandering Spider—Phoneutria Fera

While many of the spiders on this list are dangerous, the one spider most feared around the world is the Brazilian Wandering Spider.[24] They are different from most spiders in that they hunt their prey instead of setting up a trap using webbing, and its prey sometimes includes humans. Granted, it doesn’t bite humans to eat them, but it probably could if it wanted to. They like to hide inside bunches of bananas where they await a passing prey animal . . . or human who attempts to harvest some bananas.
    If a bite occurs, death will follow in less than an hour if left untreated. Fortunately, they don’t often envenomize their bites with people, preferring to save it for their actual prey. There are some unusual side effects of Brazilian Wandering Spider bites aside from tachycardia, nausea, blurred vision, hypothermia, and death; males may experience a painful erection, which will last for hours. If the embarrassment doesn’t kill them, not treating the bite certainly will, so if you ever find one of these spiders lurking in some bananas,[25] avoid it at all costs.

https://listverse.com/2019/11/15/deadliest-spiders/
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I'm still waiting for a legit story where somebody burns their entire house down just to get rid of a spider.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I'm still waiting for a legit story where somebody burns their entire house down just to get rid of a spider.
    This qualifies, as far as I'm concerned:

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilluxe View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/man-sets...o-kill-spider/

Man sets house on fire while trying to kill spider

SEATTLE -- A Seattle house was set on fire Tuesday by a man trying to kill a spider with a makeshift blowtorch, CBS affiliate KIRO-TV reports.

It happened around 8:30 p.m. Firefighters said the man who rented the house was trying to kill a spider in the laundry room with a can of spray paint and a lighter. The flames quickly spread through the room and into the attic.

"I saw the flames coming out of the side of the house and then popping sounds," neighbor Sue Green said.

Fire crews worried there could be ammunition in the house. They told neighbors to go back inside. The threat of explosives in the house was later ruled out.

"There was giant clouds of smoke just pouring out of the windows," said Kaitlin Sharp, who lives nearby.

Neighbors hosed down their houses and yards hoping to keep the flames from spreading.

The man who started the fire lives in the house with his mother. When the fire got out of control, he called 911. The fire caused $40,000 worth of damage to the structure and $20,000 worth of damage to its contents.

The Red Cross is helping the renters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12