Thread: The 'Great Debate' - Who Won?

The 'Great Debate' - Who Won?

The 'Great Debate' - Who Won?

Winners? Losers? The pundits all want to score last night's debate. We take a slightly different look at the 2016 presidential race and last night's debate.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nobody 'won'

We all lost.

//
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Nobody 'won'

We all lost.

//

In B4 me...

Bastardo!
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

While DH was watching I was out back having some Dirty Arnold Palmers, and all I could hear was her nag, and him whine.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

I would totally watch if Ron was the moderator!

Good vid.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    While DH was watching I was out back having some Dirty Arnold Palmers, and all I could hear was her nag, and him whine.
    Arnold Palmer passed away yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

the last debate will be the one to watch.

I think both candidates lost, as I don't think either candidate changed anyone's mind after that debate. However, the consensus seems to be that Hillary came off looking better. I don't think Rudy Giuliani would be advising that Trump skip future debates if Trump won.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would have liked to see Ron Paul debate Hillary
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

No one won in last night's debate, except maybe Bill Clinton, who looked super happy to be greeting Mrs. Trump.

Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Nobody 'won'

We all lost.

//
    Ayup.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Ok, so I approached this with a bit of trepidation.

I was all, like, WTF is a "Dirty Arnold Palmer"?

I assumed, before screwgling, that it was a drink.

But what if turned out to be something horrifying, like a "Filthy Sanchez" or "Cleveland Steamer"?

Thankfully it was a drink.

Pretty tasty looking as well.

http://www.ilovemydisorganizedlife.c...arnold-palmer/

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Ok, so I approached this with a bit of trepidation.

I was all, like, WTF is a "Dirty Arnold Palmer"?

I assumed, before screwgling, that it was a drink.

But what if turned out to be something horrifying, like a "Filthy Sanchez" or "Cleveland Steamer"?

Thankfully it was a drink.

Pretty tasty looking as well.

http://www.ilovemydisorganizedlife.c...arnold-palmer/
    Ha!

The Tom Woods Show take on the debate:

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.