Thread: Trump reminded me of Ross Perot in 1992 election

Jan2017

Trump reminded me of Ross Perot in 1992 election

It was 24 years ago Independent businessman Ross Perot explained the situation with jobs going overseas . . .
    Trump was right last night - politicians like Sec. Clinton are changing nothing to benefit the USA workers.

Perot : "We'll take the same deal we gave you."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

Perot... first guy i ever voted for

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    I was too young to vote for him, but he was the first politician I supported for President. I would have supported Ron Paul if somebody had told me about him, but I was only in Kindergarten when he ran and whenever I asked about the election people would always over-simplify the situation.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Doesn't matter that Trump pointed that out... what does matter is that 100 million people watched Trump crash and burn... I'm a neutral observer and I thought Trump looked and sounded weak and ignorant....
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

The smirk on Clinton's face at the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Doesn't matter that Trump pointed that out... what does matter is that 100 million people watched Trump crash and burn... I'm a neutral observer and I thought Trump looked and sounded weak and ignorant....
    When people are expecting Trump to zig, he zags. That's why he wins.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    Yep. I think Perot was my first as well. I actually did some volunteer phone duty right at the beginning of his campaign. The energy was awesome.

If Trump actually gets close, I expect something similar will happen to Trump's loved ones, as happened to Perot's. Surprised actually, that it hasn't happened already.

Trump may have some serious leverage in his pocket........

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    When people are expecting Trump to zig, he zags. That's why he wins.
    Are you saying that Trump basically going into a coma and sounding like an angry ignorant child was actually his strategy??
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are you saying that Trump basically going into a coma and sounding like an angry ignorant child was actually his strategy??
    3D chess...
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Ross Perot is why they will never allow a third party candidate on the debate stage again. No real choice can be permitted.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

I don't see how he crashed and burned? I seen a guy criticizing the things I wanted to see criticized.

If you are referring to stop & frisk, yeah that was kinda crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by muh_roads View Post
    I don't see how he crashed and burned? I seen a guy criticizing the things I wanted to see criticized.

If you are referring to stop & frisk, yeah that was kinda crappy.
    Compare the Trump from the Primary debates to Trump last night.... now you tell me that Trump didn't 'throw it' for his ol pal Hillary...

- Diogenes of Sinope

Trump is a Democrat and has been friends with the Clintons for years. He is no Perot.
    I am the spoon.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Compare the Trump from the Primary debates to Trump last night.... now you tell me that Trump didn't 'throw it' for his ol pal Hillary...
    This is the first time I really paid any attention to Trump.

I just don't know what ppl dislike aside from stop & frisk. I mean, he talked about NAFTA and the money-sink that is NATO non-stop.

Did people forget what excited them about Ron Paul? He even criticized the Fed & Yellen for using interest rates to play politics.

nah, I don't buy it.

Trump was audibly and visibly uncomfortable... he knew he was losing and losing badly.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He reminded of Perot for a different reason. Another one throwing the election.