Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Did Donald Trump take a dive last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    OK- my bad- I misunderstood you.
    No, no, as I said: I misunderstood you! Now what would HB say at a time like this...... nope, not gonna do it.

And my experience on the forum has been one of being called names and thrown insults for months now,
    That is exactly what I am speaking out against! RPF denizens sympathetic, or unsympathetic, to either candidate, do not deserve such bitterness. Do not deserve, for example, to be called chimpanzees. Do not deserve to be called whatever you were called. Do not deserve to be called morons and idiots and whatever other empty insults. Etc.

My one big "fault", throughout my life, has been to come to the aid of the underdog.
    My own proclivity is the same.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    I get your rant but piss poor attempt

Anywho, to the rest of your rant,
    Why do you repeatedly call what I wrote a "rant"?

I think what I wrote was reasonable, measured, and dignified. I hope it was uplifting, even. Why would you perceive it as foaming at the mouth? How could you? Yet again, just a terrific example of different perceptions. One post, two totally different realities! Fascinating, eh?

Or would you speak up and educate those

Would you... allow the other members to work against your interests, especially as the become progressively toxic to you?
    I realized long ago a funny thing. A very liberating thing. No one actually cares what I think.

I mean, do you?

Obviously you don't! What I think about things has no bearing on your life and well-being whatsoever!

No one on RPF cares what I think.

No one on RPF cares what political candidate I may support or don't support.

No one would be the least interested in hearing my reasoning as to why I made that decision.

Booooo-r-ing!

They have all made their own decisions.

For their own reasons.

No one cares about those reasons, either. Except for themselves.

I am not going to be "educating" anyone any time soon. And I learned long ago that it's not up to me to "allow" or not "allow" anyone to do anything. I'm not in charge of them. I can't control them. At all. And whew: what a relief that is!

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Did you know that when George Wallace first ran for governor he ran on a platform of racial harmony and inclusion? He got beat after his opponent was video taped riding around in a KKK car with a cross lit up in lightbulbs. George Wallace is quoted as saying "I got out n*ggered. I'll never be out n*ggered again." But George Wallace was a progressive his entire life.

This documentary, "Setting the Woods on Fire" explains the truth about George Wallace and what's really behind race politics in America.

It's interesting that Bill Clinton is in the picture. Bill Clinton, our supposed "first black president", said of the late senator Robert Byrd that his joining the KKK was just "what he had to do to get elected."

Thank you for your reply and proving the point. What they say in public doesn't matter because it's nothing but a facade while they all work together behind the scenes.

I'll check out the documentary. Sounds interesting.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Why do you repeatedly call what I wrote a "rant"?

I think what I wrote was reasonable, measured, and dignified. I hope it was uplifting, even. Why would you perceive it as foaming at the mouth? How could you? Yet again, just a terrific example of different perceptions. One post, two totally different realities! Fascinating, eh?
    Rant-2
    : to scold vehemently

Yes, we are coming at the situation from two different perspectives. And you chose to try and make a display of your love for others by dismissing several of us to prove your point. It was a piss poor tactic which you then went on to lecture those of us you had misconstrued. I hope you feel better now.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Another interesting story about Wallace, he convinced his wife to run for Gov to get around term limits. She was reluctant at first, and didn't like campaigning for herself, but she won anyway. While her husband was busy setting up business as usual, it turned out she liked being Governor and wanted to do some of her own things. So there was a bit of conflict, depending on who you ask.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I realized long ago a funny thing. A very liberating thing. No one actually cares what I think.

I mean, do you?

Obviously you don't! What I think about things has no bearing on your life and well-being whatsoever!

No one on RPF cares what I think.

No one on RPF cares what political candidate I may support or don't support.

No one would be the least interested in hearing my reasoning as to why I made that decision.

Booooo-r-ing!

They have all made their own decisions.

For their own reasons.

No one cares about those reasons, either. Except for themselves.

I am not going to be "educating" anyone any time soon. And I learned long ago that it's not up to me to "allow" or not "allow" anyone to do anything. I'm not in charge of them. I can't control them. At all. And whew: what a relief that is!
    I realized a funny thing a long time ago. That when I was looking into information on a subject I read opposing view points and formed my own decisions. Many times I never left any evidence of my own participation because I merely read and moved on, but the information I took from the various places expanded my perspective.

RPFs has changed quite a bit over the years. There's a change of tone right now in a number of places online that have become very dismal. It seeps out irl interactions.

No reason to even participate in life or forums if you'll have made no difference by sharing with others. Life is about interaction.

Why bother with your previous charade if you weren't trying to change people's opinions? Why explain why you did it if you didn't think it matters?
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Rant-2
    : to scold vehemently
    Where was the scolding? Where was the vehemence? I believe my words were: "I just get tired, and sad".

Yes, we are coming at the situation from two different perspectives.
    Exactly! The lesson is there on all meta-levels! Firing on all cylinders! I misunderstand Ender (in the very process of explaining about misunderstanding!), you think some sniffing is so pronounced you're driven to distraction by it, I don't even notice it at all, you think I'm a ranting jerk, I think I'm an awesome guy.

And you chose to try and make a display of your love for others by dismissing several of us to prove your point. It was a piss poor tactic which you then went on to lecture those of us you had misconstrued. I hope you feel better now.
    I didn't make any display of love. More important to correct, I definitely didn't dismiss anyone. I like phil4paul and otherone, Ender's OK, and I don't really know you. Maybe you chose the wrong screen name and just aren't memorable enough.

Anyway, my apologies for any way in which you have been miscontrued -- feel free to correct the record by re-construing yourself in the proper and accurate light you prefer.

your previous charade
    Wait, was it a rant or a charade?

Wow, you seem to have really developed a very negative opinion of me in very short order! Doesn't take much, I gather?

I think this may the only time on these boards you have ever conversed with me. Are there any others I am forgetting?

Why explain why you did it if you didn't think it matters?
    Oh, you missed an important part! "Except for themselves."

Trump’s debate incompetence a slap in the face to his supporters

Hillary Clinton was boring and exceptionally well-prepared. Donald Trump was exciting but embarrassingly undisciplined. He began with his strongest argument — that the political class represented by her has failed us and it’s time to look to a successful dealmaker for leadership — and kept to it pretty well for the first 20 minutes.

Then due to the vanity and laziness that led him to think he could wing the most important 95 minutes of his life, he lost the thread of his argument, he lost control of his temper and he lost the perspective necessary to correct these mistakes as he went.

Methodically and carefully, Hillary Clinton took over. Her purpose was to show she was rational and policy-driven, the kind of person who could be trusted to handle a careful and delicate job with prudence and sobriety — and that he was none of these things.

And she succeeded. By the end of the 95 minutes, Trump was reduced to a sputtering mess blathering about Rosie O’Donnell and about how he hasn’t yet said the mean things about Hillary that he is thinking.

Most important, he set ticking time bombs for himself over the next six weeks.

As she hammered him on his tax returns, he handed her an inestimable gift by basically saying he pays no federal taxes despite his billions — and moreover, that if he had done so, it would have been “squandered” anyway.

By the end of the 95 minutes, Trump was reduced to a sputtering mess blathering about Rosie O’Donnell and about how he hasn’t yet said the mean things about Hillary that he is thinking.

That’s not going to go away, nor is her suggestion that his refusal to release his returns is the result of his either not being as rich as he says or not being as charitable as he claims.

Clinton quoted him saying in 2006 that he hoped for a housing meltdown because it would provide buying opportunities and thereby goaded him into saying “that’s called business, by the way.” To which she quickly replied that 9 million people lost their jobs and 5 million lost their homes in the housing meltdown he was so excited about. Blammo.

His reply to Hillary’s recitation of the fact he’d begun his career settling a Justice Department lawsuit about racial discrimination in Trump housing was that there was “no admission of guilt,” which is the sort of thing the villain said at the end of “LA Law” and sounded no better in real life.

Even when he could have taken her down, he was so incompetent he didn’t go for it. A question about cybersecurity was the perfect opportunity to hammer Clinton on her outrageous mishandling of classified information.

Instead, he went into a bizarre digression in which he alternately wondered whether his son Barron might grow up to become a hacker and defended Vladimir Putin from the accusation Russia had tapped into the Democratic National Committee’s emails (which the FBI says almost certainly happened). That has to count as the biggest choke of his political life.

By the time the last 15 minutes rolled around, he was reduced to yammering about Rosie O’Donnell being mean to him and Hillary running mean commercials about him and praising himself because there are some really terrible things he could have said about Hillary but hasn’t. By this point, even his smart closing zinger — “she has experience but it’s bad experience” — was buried inside a weird word salad that reduced its effectiveness to almost nil.

His supporters should be furious with him, and so should the public in general. By performing this incompetently, by refusing to prepare properly for this exchange, by not learning enough to put meat on the bones of his populist case against Clinton, he displayed nothing but contempt for the people who have brought him this far — and for the American people who are going to make this momentous decision on Nov. 8.
    http://nypost.com/2016/09/27/trumps-...is-supporters/
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Trump does well? It is because he is awesome. Trump does poorly- it is somebody else's fault. He does the same thing with the media and polls. When he was ahead in the primary- "Just look at the polls! I am winning! The don't lie". Then in the general election and he is trailing in the same polls, "they are biased and lying! You just wait!" Somebody else's fault. Not Trump's.

My quick impression? Trump was one of those kids who didn't have to study hard in school. So he rarely studied and didn't spend much time on homework. He was bragging about how Clinton was hiding and prepping for the debate while he "didn't have to waste his time" on it. Maybe next time he will do some homework instead of trying to phone it in?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-29-2016 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Most of the audience has no idea WTF is a TPP, and are tired of hearing about the emails. That's the type of stuff that happens when the candidates run campaigns that are devoid of substance.
    The emails thing has been overused. Trump supporters think it is owning her every time it gets mentioned but to many people it is getting old and he better come up with some new material if he wants to get people's attention. He seems inclined to try and burn her on Bill's failures as his second act. Y'all should encourage him to go there, loudly, and stop pussyfooting around with it....
    The emails have NOT been overused and the American people are NOT tired of hearing about them. Seriously nobody thinking straight would assert that. Hillary opens the door to talking about her email server everytime she complains about Russia supposedly hacking the DNC.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I thought, by the way, Ender, that you had! You wrote "YES MOO DID" and I thought you meant "YES YOU DID" as in, "Yes, Helmuth, you most certainly did notice that, you couldn't have missed it, you're just lying." And that the "MOO" was just a bizarre attempt to be funny and insult me somehow by calling me a cow.
    hate to interrupt.....but. lol

He lost undecides last night anyway. The focus groups of undecided voters showed that. He attacked Hillary, it's just that his attacks were stupid. He attack Hillary for running attack ads against him and not being "nice." Sorry. That didn't make him look presidential. It made him look whiny.
    NOTE: My apologies to Drake. I mistakenly thought when I wrote this that he was talking about the 2nd debate and he wasn't.

Perhaps you should watch the debate before you comment further. I DID watch it. He kicked Hillary's ass all over that stage. He was horrible in the 1st debate, but on this one, he was pretty damned good. Add that to the pre-debate press conference where he introduced Bill Clinton's rapee's, in addition to the woman whose rapist that Hillary got of. It was a wonderful evening for Trump.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 10-12-2016 at 01:39 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Perhaps you should watch the debate before you comment further. I DID watch it. He kicked Hillary's ass all over that stage. He was horrible in the 1st debate, but on this one, he was pretty damned good. Add that to the pre-debate press conference where he introduced Bill Clinton's rapee's, in addition to the woman whose rapist that Hillary got off, it was a wonderful evening for Trump.
    I watched it too- and thought he was pretty damned bad.
    There is no spoon.

Perhaps you should watch the debate before you comment further. I DID watch it. He kicked Hillary's ass all over that stage. He was horrible in the 1st debate, but on this one, he was pretty damned good. Add that to the pre-debate press conference where he introduced Bill Clinton's rapee's, in addition to the woman whose rapist that Hillary got of. It was a wonderful evening for Trump.
    LibertyEagle, you realize that you are reply to a comment I made after the first debate and before the second debate right? No I guess not. So let me clarify it for you. That was the pre second debate comment. I agree with you that he did a much better job on the second debate. He hammered Hillary on the emails and he went ahead and went after Hillary and Bill. His missed a golden opportunity to attack Hillary's Syria policy but nobody is perfect. He did do a good job bringing up the fact that even CNN had busted Hillary for lying about not calling the TPP the "gold standard." I'm not sure why he wont go after Hillary on Syria.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

LibertyEagle, you realize that you are reply to a comment I made after the first debate and before the second debate right? No I guess not.
    Oops, no I didn't. Sorry Drake.

His missed a golden opportunity to attack Hillary's Syria policy but nobody is perfect.
    Well, he kinda did. He talked about Hillary not knowing who the "rebels" were that she was supporting and that often, the people being supported are much worse than what Hillary is trying to overthrow.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 10-12-2016 at 01:42 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Aren't you one of the folks who want open borders with unlimited immigration?
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 10-12-2016 at 01:44 PM.
    ================

I'm no Trump fan but I will give credit where credit is due. He got off the defensive. This wasn't like last time when CNN was doing post debate interviews with "Miss Piggy." Remember Hillary saying "When they go low we go high?" She had started off going low. She likely won't talk about Trump's issues with women in a debate again. Mission accomplished on that front.

Aren't you one of the folks who want open borders with unlimited immigration?
    You know I stand with Ron Paul on that issue- freedom to travel; no entitlements.

That was never in the debate to my recollection, so why are you bringing it up?
    There is no spoon.

I'm no Trump fan but I will give credit where credit is due. He got off the defensive. This wasn't like last time when CNN was doing post debate interviews with "Miss Piggy." Remember Hillary saying "When they go low we go high?" She had started off going low. She likely won't talk about Trump's issues with women in a debate again. Mission accomplished on that front.
    I thought Trump just did his usual- talked too much, interrupted, no personal goals as president, only constant attack, and said ridiculous things like "Lincoln never lied."
    There is no spoon.

I thought Trump just did his usual- talked too much, interrupted, no personal goals as president, only constant attack, and said ridiculous things like "Lincoln never lied."
    He needed to be on constant attack. He got attacked in the first debate and didn't fight back. That's why I started this thread. Debates aren't about being nice. Hillary wasn't being nice. She's the one that started with the low blows. Actually her teammates, the moderators, started with the low blows. And his counter attacks were effective. He shut Hillary up on the "war on women" BS she was trying to run with. He made her eat her own words about tthe TPP being the "gold standard." He effectively used the email issue to make her look incompetent. He ran the table on her. I honestly didn't think he would do what he needed to do but he surprised me. I thought...and to some extent still think, that he was (is?) a Clinton manchurian candidate. But he went off script in the second debate.

As for praising Lincoln and using that to attack Hillary? Smart move. I know Lincoln isn't popular at RPF (and IMO maligned more than he should be), but to most of the rest of the country his face actually belongs on Mt. Rushmore. That was Trump's "You are no Jack Kennedy" moment. Yeah Bush/Quayle ultimately won that election but Dan Quayle was never taken seriously after that moment.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 10-12-2016 at 02:54 PM.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He needed to be on constant attack. He got attacked in the first debate and didn't fight back. That's why I started this thread. Debates aren't about being nice. Hillary wasn't being nice. She's the one that started with the low blows. Actually her teammates, the moderators, started with the low blows. And his counter attacks were effective. He shut Hillary up on the "war on women" BS she was trying to run with. He made her eat her own words about tthe TPP being the "gold standard." He effectively used the email issue to make her look incompetent. He ran the table on her. I honestly didn't think he would do what he needed to do but he surprised me. I thought...and to some extent still think, that he was (is?) a Clinton manchurian candidate. But he went off script in the second debate.

As for praising Lincoln and using that to attack Hillary? Smart move. I know Lincoln isn't popular at RPF (and IMO maligned more than he should be), but to most of the rest of the country his face actually belongs on Mt. Rushmore. That was Trump's "You are no Jack Kennedy" moment. Yeah Bush/Quayle ultimately won that election but Dan Quayle was never taken seriously after that moment.
    It actually makes for a stronger case, given the leaked memo somewhat confirming Trump was being propped up on purpose. Notice how he is still spending a lot of time attacking Republicans and now pandering exclusively to his base. They are so whipped up now, they are vowing not to vote GOP downballot. There's not enough of them to win POTUS, but enough to throw House and Senate seats to the D's- they will win bigly from this $#@! show.

It actually makes for a stronger case, given the leaked memo somewhat confirming Trump was being propped up on purpose. Notice how he is still spending a lot of time attacking Republicans and now pandering exclusively to his base. They are so whipped up now, they are vowing not to vote GOP downballot. There's not enough of them to win POTUS, but enough to throw House and Senate seats to the D's- they will win bigly from this $#@! show.
    The Republicans he's attacking are traitors. Seriously. John freaking McCain. Mitt freaking Romney. Paul douchebag Ryan. I don't like Trump but this was a biatch move on their part. And during the debate he called for blacks and latinos/hispanics (not sure why he kept saying it that way) to vote for him. His debate performance the second debate was miles above his first debate performance.

Now here's a question for you. Why can't you find it in yourself to say anything negative about Hillary? Like....ever?

The Republicans he's attacking are traitors. Seriously. John freaking McCain. Mitt freaking Romney. Paul douchebag Ryan. I don't like Trump but this was a biatch move on their part. And during the debate he called for blacks and latinos/hispanics (not sure why he kept saying it that way) to vote for him. His debate performance the second debate was miles above his first debate performance.

Now here's a question for you. Why can't you find it in yourself to say anything negative about Hillary? Like....ever?
    Is it a requirement?

And it's more than just McCain and Ryan, here's one of their "hit lists":

Once a Hillary supporter, always a Hillary supporter?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Is it a requirement?
    So I take it your answer is no. And to answer your question, it is a requirement if you wish to be taken seriously.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234