Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did Donald Trump take a dive last night?

Quote Originally Posted by notsure View Post
    This is the same garbage CNN tried to spew right after the debate last night. Essentially, you all are saying that Donald over-defended himself. That's ridiculous. I think Trump did a decent job defending himself from Hillary's attack. Hillary's refusal to take Donald's bait, made her look weak and corrupt. When he called her on TPP, she looked weak. When he called her on her emails, she looked corrupt.
    The emails thing has been overused. Trump supporters think it is owning her every time it gets mentioned but to many people it is getting old and he better come up with some new material if he wants to get people's attention. He seems inclined to try and burn her on Bill's failures as his second act. Y'all should encourage him to go there, loudly, and stop pussyfooting around with it....
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If the goal of the debate is to get airtime and control the stage, then Donald accomplished that. I don't agree with Donald on every issue, but he won that debate. Inserting himself at every opportunity makes him look strong. That's what people were looking for in a candidate. They wanted someone who was going to be tough and not let their opponent or the moderators walk all over them. Donald controlled that debate, against both Hillary and Lester.
    RVO˩UTION

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    The emails thing has been overused.
    The email thing is terrible. Disqualifying. She was SEC of State and she wants to be POTUS? She can't handle classified info. She used her private email to sell her pay to play cards.

Quote Originally Posted by notsure View Post
    Donald Trump seemed to have more weight behind his attacks. Which one of Hillary attacks worked against Donald? As far as I can recall, none of them.
    Well, you could start with his crowing about those who lost their homes, or how he admitted he doesn't pay taxes yet is bemoaning the state of airports here in the states. Or, well that little issue about Miss Housekeeping which he didn't deny...

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Are the emails overused as much as Trump's taxes are? Donald took control of his tax release issue, by putting Hillary and Dems on the defensive. They can't talk about his tax returns without having to address her 30+ thousand deleted emails. Talking about Hillarys emails come with alot of baggage, because then you have to go into why her staff not only deleted emails, but bleached servers and hammered cell phones to bits after the House Committee for Oversight and Reform had already asked Hillary's staff to produce them.
    RVO˩UTION

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    The email thing is terrible. Disqualifying. She was SEC of State and she wants to be POTUS? She can't handle classified info. She used her private email to sell her pay to play cards.
    That may be working for you as an argument. Without being punished for it other than in the court of opinion, it comes across as being less critical as everyone waits and waits and waits on the latest round of investigation, and it has been talked about to death. Basically sh@t or get off the pot seems to be the temperature of the public who isn't in the Trump camp. It plays to his base. He needs to look outside of the base and his next idea seems to be a real winner.

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Dilbert 4D Chess

Clinton won the debate last night. And while she was doing it, Trump won the election. He had one thing to accomplish – being less scary – and he did it.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1510077...e-first-debate

Trump and Clinton debated each other for the first time last night. Here’s how I score the night.

Clinton won on points. She had more command of the details and the cleaner answers. Trump did a lot of interrupting and he was defensive. If this were a college debate competition, Clinton would be declared the winner. I call that victory on the 2D chess board. But voters don’t care about facts and debating style. They care about how they feel. So let’s talk about that.

For starters, Trump and Clinton both seemed “presidential” enough. That mattered more for Trump. We haven’t seen him off the teleprompter lately. So Trump passed that test by being sufficiently serious.

Clinton looked (to my eyes) as if she was drugged, tired, sick, or generally unhealthy, even though she was mentally alert and spoke well. But her eyes were telling a different story. She had the look of someone whose doctors had engineered 90 minutes of alertness for her just for the event. If she continues with a light campaign schedule, you should assume my observation is valid, and she wasn’t at 100%.

Some will say Clinton outperformed expectations because she didn’t cough, collapse, or die right on stage. That would be true if she also looked healthy in general, and her campaign schedule from here on out is full. We’ll know more this week, based on her schedule.

Clinton’s smile seemed forced, artificial, and frankly creepy. I’m already hearing on Twitter that mentioning a woman’s smile is sexist. I understand the point. But when someone goes full Joker-face and tests the uncanny valley hypothesis at the same time, that’s a bit different from telling a woman to “smile more.” My neighbor Kristina hypothesized that Botox was making her smile look unnatural. Science tells us that when a person’s mouth smiles, but their eyes don’t match the smile, they look disingenuous if not creepy. Botox on your crow’s feet lines around your eyes can give that effect. But whatever the reason, something looked off to me.

To be fair, Trump’s physical appearance won’t win him any votes either. But his makeup looked better than I have seen it (no orange), his haircut was as good as it gets for him, and he was otherwise his normal self that some voters hate and some like.

But the most interesting question has to do with what problem both of them were trying to solve with the debate. Clinton tried to look healthy, and as I mentioned, I don’t think she completely succeeded. But Trump needed to solve exactly one problem: Look less scary. Trump needed to counter Clinton’s successful branding of him as having a bad temperament to the point of being dangerous to the country. Trump accomplished exactly that…by…losing the debate.

Trump was defensive, and debated poorly at points, but he did not look crazy. And pundits noticed that he intentionally avoided using his strongest attacks regarding Bill Clinton’s scandals. In other words, he showed control. He stayed in the presidential zone under pressure. And in so doing, he solved for his only remaining problem. He looked safer.

By tomorrow, no one will remember what either of them said during the debate. But we will remember how they made us feel.

Clinton won the debate last night. And while she was doing it, Trump won the election. He had one thing to accomplish – being less scary – and he did it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I thought Clinton lobbed him the perfect softball, but he totally whiffed on it. She was doing some tough talk on cyber-warfare and getting tough with Russia.

Would have been the easiest time to say, "Really, Hillary? With all of your email troubles, do you think anyone is really going to trust you with cyber-security?" Would have made the news and played over and over. He didn't even swing on it.
    That killed me when his response was to waste time defending Russia. He should've turned it around on her by saying, "Hillary has already proven she can't be trusted with America's cyber security. She set up an unsecured email server that exposed classified information to anyone with an internet connection." Then he could've finished her off by saying why she did it: "She was more concerned about hiding her pay to play deals vis-a-vis the corrupt Clinton Foundation than with protecting our nation's secrets. It's the most blatant case of government for sale that this country has ever seen. Hillary Clinton belongs in prison, not in the White House."

Another one that killed me was when she was harping on his tax returns, and "who does he owe"? He should've shot back with, "what do you owe to the banks on Wall Street that paid you millions of dollars for closed-door speeches? What are they expecting in return? Or do you expect the American people to believe that your little speeches are worth 10 million dollars in and of themselves, and that they weren't buying favors? What do you owe to the corrupt, totalitarian, foreign governments that you took money from? What are they expecting in return if you become President?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    Dilbert 4D Chess

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1510077...e-first-debate
    Less scary, as in unprepared fool who didn't bother to prepare for the job interview because he is entitled to have it given to him because she doesn't look Presidential.

Dilbert should have listened more closely to what others outside camp Trump were hearing. Sniff...sniff...sniff...how's that relentless schedule going for the restless, old man who brags about never sleeping and has a narcissistic retort for everything? Sniff...sniff...sniff...does Trump need another glass of water? Some people are sayin' ya know.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...chselbaum.html

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Less scary, as in unprepared fool who didn't bother to prepare for the job interview because he is entitled to have it given to him because she doesn't look Presidential.

Dilbert should have listened more closely to what others outside camp Trump were hearing. Sniff...sniff...sniff...how's that relentless schedule going for the restless, old man who brags about never sleeping and has a narcissistic retort for everything? Sniff...sniff...sniff...does Trump need another glass of water? Some people are sayin' ya know.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...chselbaum.html
    You claim Scott Adams is wrong because he's basing his analysis on the reactions of those biased towards Trump, and then you post a link to Slate to defend your own analysis. Is this a joke?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    That killed me when his response was to waste time defending Russia. He should've turned it around on her by saying, "Hillary has already proven she can't be trusted with America's cyber security. She set up an unsecured email server that exposed classified information to anyone with an internet connection." Then he could've finished her off by saying why she did it: "She was more concerned about hiding her pay to play deals vis-a-vis the corrupt Clinton Foundation than with protecting our nation's secrets. It's the most blatant case of government for sale that this country has ever seen. Hillary Clinton belongs in prison, not in the White House."

Another one that killed me was when she was harping on his tax returns, and "who does he owe"? He should've shot back with, "what do you owe to the banks on Wall Street that paid you millions of dollars for closed-door speeches? What are they expecting in return? Or do you expect the American people to believe that your little speeches are worth 10 million dollars in and of themselves, and that they weren't buying favors? What do you owe to the corrupt, totalitarian, foreign governments that you took money from? What are they expecting in return if you become President?"
    Exactly... he lost his balls last night. I'm not a Trump voter... but I was sure as hell hoping he would have kicked Hillary's ass in the debate... instead he went limp
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

You claim Scott Adams is wrong because he's basing his analysis on the reactions of those biased towards Trump, and then you post a link to Slate to defend your own analysis. Is this a joke?
    I'm saying Dillbert is wrong, but it is hard to grasp that for those who are riding that train. He doesn't think Trump looked crazy. Alrighty there...He saw fit to try and still further the dialogue about Clinton's poor health and yet, not a peep about sniff, sniff from Trump? You don't like Slate then google Trump Weichselbaum and perhaps sniffles while yer at it. M'kay?

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Sniff...sniff...sniff... Sniff...sniff...sniff... Some people are sayin' ya know.
    I had nothing but the audio, and I noticed no sniffing from either party.

Neither did you.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    I had nothing but the audio, and I noticed no sniffing from either party.

Neither did you.
    Hmmm...... YES, MOO DID.

Last edited by Ender; 09-27-2016 at 03:54 PM.
    There is no spoon.

I was thinking the same. This guy cannot be reasoned with.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    He didn't take dive or elevate himself, all he did was convince onliners majority that he defeated Hillary in the debate.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6321243

Apparently he had promised his advisors that he will be nice to Hillary because she is a woman etc.

Politics can make strange bed fellows at times.

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing the Michelle/Bush pic originate in the photoshop battle section of Reddit. Don't believe everything you see on the intergoogles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Hmmm......
    And neither did you.

You are simply parroting a cute/clever thing that someone in the media cutely and cleverly noticed. No normal person noticed that.

Trump is performing Ninja mind tricks on all you haters.

Anybody can tell from watching last night that his plan all along was to appear dumb and befuddled and make it APPEAR as though Hillary won.

Then in the second and third debates he blows her up.

So obvious.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by robmpreston View Post
    No, Trump looked pathetic and his rambling attempts to defend himself were terrible. During the first half of the debate, I thought he was handling himself well. As soon as he got derailed and went on the defense he sounded really stupid. That response about his temperament was one of the most embarrassing moments I've ever seen in a debate.
    The orange idiot had several opportunities to eviscerate that witch and blew it. He came across as a coked-up, overly excited, rambling buffoon. The records of her, her husband, and Barry provide AMPLE ammunition.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

If these two are the "best" this country has to spoon feed Boobus this country is well, and truly, fooked. I, honestly, can't say which of the two I despise more. Equally apportioned I suppose. All I kept thinking is Rand should be there. Ron should be there.

I'm saying Dillbert is wrong, but it is hard to grasp that for those who are riding that train. He doesn't think Trump looked crazy. Alrighty there...He saw fit to try and still further the dialogue about Clinton's poor health and yet, not a peep about sniff, sniff from Trump? You don't like Slate then google Trump Weichselbaum and perhaps sniffles while yer at it. M'kay?
    I'm not saying he's right, but it's not the disaster you're making it out to be. It will be a wash in the polls. Every single person I've seen interviewed that didn't like Trump's performance was already voting Hillary. I just watched CBS show the same focus group of illegal aliens again, only they called them "undocumented immigrants", of course. They tried to make it look like they were impartial observers. Not one of those illegals was going to vote to get themselves deported. They came in hating Trump, and they left hating Trump. This debate changed NOTHING.

And neither did you.

You are simply parroting a cute/clever thing that someone in the media cutely and cleverly noticed. No normal person noticed that.
    BS...I noticed it right off the bat, WaPo live feed on FB. Mentioned it to Dh, then to a person on FB after the debate was over and before I even realized anyone else found it was annoying. He has done this before, too. First time I noticed was a speech right after Orlando. Then another one in NC that I saw a small portion of one day not too long ago. It's his thing, whatever his problem happens to be, but people in glass houses and all that jazz. The other two speeches were through CNN so can't pin it on one agency.

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

And neither did you.

LOL. It was OBVIOUS.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

And neither did you.

YOU are the parrot- and yes I DID notice- and it was all over Twitter before heavy media got into.

Posted September 26 2016 — 9:30 PM EDT

During Monday night’s first presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, many people were saying stuff about Trump’s runny nose.

The GOP nominee was mocked online early in the debate for sniffing as he spoke, with jokes taking over Twitter using the hashtag #trumpsniffle. Later in the evening an actual parody account was launched, @trumpsniffle, which also mocked Trump’s runny nose.

Not everyone, however, thought Trump was sniffing – namely Trump himself. He told Fox & Friends there were no sniffs.

“No, no sniffles. You know, the mic was very bad, but maybe it was good enough to hear breathing,” Trump said on Tuesday morning. “But no sniffles. No cold.”

Trump also claimed his mic “didn’t work” despite no apparent issues. “My mic was terrible. I wonder if it was set up that way on purpose,” he said. “I don’t want to believe in conspiracy theories, of course.”

While Trump’s sniffles were mocked by late-night hosts, including Stephen Colbert and Trevor Noah, the biggest jab at his runny nose came from former Democratic National Committee head Howard Dean.

“Notice Trump sniffing all the time. Coke user?” Dean wrote.
    Donald Trump sniffles becomes first debate meme
    Entertainment Weekly-8 hours ago

Not everyone, however, thought Trump was sniffing – namely Trump ... While Trump's sniffles were mocked by late-night hosts, including ...
    Donald Trump's SNIFF becomes hottest topic in first US Presidential ...
    Mirror.co.uk-21 hours ago

Trump Sniffing: Was Donald Sick During #DebateNight? #SniffGate ...
    The Inquisitr-21 hours ago

Trump starts subdued, then his cool quickly melts
    In-Depth-Washington Post-18 hours ago

Sips and sniffles: The best late-night jokes about the presidential ...
    Opinion-Chicago Tribune-16 hours ago

Trump Time Capsule #115: The First Debate Trump Time Capsule ...
    In-Depth-The Atlantic-18 hours ago
    Last edited by Ender; 09-27-2016 at 05:10 PM.
    There is no spoon.

sounds like he is inhaling, breathing in. Not runny nose.

And neither did you.

Ya got to be joking. 15 minutes in and DW and I were saying that if sniffing had been a part of the drinking game we'd already be passed out.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 09-27-2016 at 05:20 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Seriously. I only caught the last half of the debate and it was horrible. From what I heard on the recap he did allright at first talking about the TPP and such. But on national security he got routed. And he shouldn't have. That was a perfect time to say "Hillary, your aids jepordized national security by leaving classified documents in the trunk of a car. You said you didn't even know whether or not you had training about how to handle classified emails. How can the American people trust you with on national security with a record like that?"

Worst point in the night, Hillary brought up the "Ms Piggy" and "Ms housekeeper" comments, which I'd never even heard of and don't even know if they are true. Perfect comeback for Trump would have been "Hillary, at least I'm not being sued by the Benghazi families for lying about lying to them. How can you with a straight face say you didn't lie to those families when you lied to the entire country about what caused the Benghazi attacks?"

Instead, Trump went on some stupid ramble about how he attacked Rosie O'Donnell because "Everybody knows she deserved it" (conclusory and untrue statement), and how "Hillary has been attacking me with negative ads and I haven't been attacking her" and how "I could attack her on Bill's indiscretions but I'm too nice."

Ummm......so Donald......why aren't you attacking Billary? During the GOP nomination you were viscious to Dr. Ben Carson. You were viscious to Ted Cruz. You were viscious to Rand Paul and to others. You spent your own money to slime them on the airwaves. You got your buddies at Saturday Night Live to jump in on the act. But you can't attack Billary? Why not? And if you can't, then why don't you just step down as the nominee and allow Mike Pence to pick up the pieces?

Is this the reason you can't attack Billary?

Seriously, the main reason the Trump trolls gave for supporting Trump was "He would smash Hillary in the debates." Well...last night...he didn't. Some other nominee wouldn't have had all of the baggage that Trump has to overcome. Good grief, anyone who thinks Rand Paul or Ted Cruz couldn't have done better last night deserves to be dunged and feathered. Tar is too good.
    I did not watch it , but I do remember seeing Romney take a dive in a debate .
    Do something Danke

I'm not saying he's right, but it's not the disaster you're making it out to be. It will be a wash in the polls. Every single person I've seen interviewed that didn't like Trump's performance was already voting Hillary. I just watched CBS show the same focus group of illegal aliens again, only they called them "undocumented immigrants", of course. They tried to make it look like they were impartial observers. Not one of those illegals was going to vote to get themselves deported. They came in hating Trump, and they left hating Trump. This debate changed NOTHING.
    For decidededs. Now, he did not do himself any favors, unlike the Dilbert commentary puts forth. He did not look prepared, interrupted ceaselessly, lied unrepentantly, and began the debate with a condescending tone that apparently wasn't lost on at least a few folks. Then he continued to just be Trump this morning. He had all night to think of a comeback regarding his Miss Housekeeping problem. He chose to double down. Bad move imo and he appears to want to go forward with the Gennifer Flowers angle. Yeah, that'll help.

Without a TelePrompTer he's toast. (which is hilarious to me)

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

How can a microphone pick up a conversation in a crowded stadium? I wouldn't put it past someone to have screwed with his microphone to enhance the noise every time he breathed thru his nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    How can a microphone pick up a conversation in a crowded stadium? I wouldn't put it past someone to have screwed with his microphone to enhance the noise every time he breathed thru his nose.
    He was sniffing and his mic was fine.
    There is no spoon.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast