Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: White people. Do something.

Exclamation White people. Do something.

So says a new exhibit at Temple U.

I happen to agree.

Although my guess is what I want white people to do is not what the "artist" wants them to do.

Temple University Student Art Display Tells White People to ‘Do Something’

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/0...-do-something/

A student art installation at Temple University curiously reads, “White People. Do Something,” and has provoked polarizing reactions across social media.

Up right now! An installation in the Tyler courtyard created by Kara Springer, a Sculpture graduate student! pic.twitter.com/8O63qWybPG

— Tyler School of Art @TylerArtSchool) September 22, 2016

The Tyler School of Art at Temple University took to their Twitter account to brag about the art installation, which is located on a central quad at the Philadelphia-based institution. Although the project’s meaning remains unclear, it hasn’t stopped community members and internet commentators from speculating about the artist’s motivation.

The “sculpture” was created by graduate art student Kara Springer and has provoked an assortment of confusion, anger, and praise across social media.

Tyler School of Art student made a sculpture saying "white people. Do something" and I have never loved my school more😭

— CK (@camrynkira) September 24, 2016

Not sure how to read this. Is it commanding white people to do something, or is it a panicked warning that white people are around? https://t.co/AyMepT6qje

— Robert Kroese (@robkroese) September 25, 2016

No offense but what's the point of makin a sign that says "white people do something" lol

— t4t (@twerkfortara) September 26, 2016

@TylerArtSchool Kara Springer shows the world that a talentless hack can get attention just by whoring her race.

— thespian (@thespianorion) September 26, 2016

@TylerArtSchool You mean besides art, innovations, the Internet, airplanes, satellites, medicins etc.?

— CW (@C_Westling) September 25, 2016

@TylerArtSchool cool i didnt know this school offered a degree in Victimhood

— TheGeckoNinja (@TheGeckoNinja) September 26, 2016

@TylerArtSchool This isn't art by any stretch of the imagination.

— Miss Adele McFly 😺 (@PennyDreadful81) September 26, 2016

Tom Ciccotta is a libertarian who writes about Free Speech and Intellectual Diversity for Breitbart.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like it , but this is Temple , should not there be others ? What about Yellow People , Transgenders , Democrats etc ??? LOL

Seems like a good message to me, as it leaves the 'something' to the reader to decide. I think things would be a lot better if white people did something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Black people. stop doing $#@!.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Unfortunately everyone needs to do something. What's happening right now is not working. I have yet to hear anyone talk about what racial reconciliation looks like that doesn't involve taking a lot of money from some people and giving it to other people.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Bad timing. This debate is a couple of "white" people "doing something" lol

It's an interesting piece. I hope the people who put it up never get sued for an idiotic reason like "the artwork made that guy decide to shoot people" or something similar.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Black people. stop doing $#@!.
    My sign is going to say DANKE DO SOMETHING.

I'm picking at my butthole, can't do anything more for the cause!!! Sorry..

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    My sign is going to say DANKE DO SOMETHING.
    I'm trying. Need more funds.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I'm trying. Need more funds.
    If I had been in charge of your investments past 8 yrs or so you would be filthy rich .

If I had been in charge of your investments past 8 yrs or so you would be filthy rich .
    The value of beads has been increasing?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

The value of beads has been increasing?
    When I pick the beads , Yes.

Where can I pick up a WHITE PEOPLE DO SOMETHING bumper sticker for Mrs O ? LOL

Maybe a line of Greeting cards too . When you open it it could play " Get up off of that thang " by James Brown.

Where can I pick up a WHITE PEOPLE DO SOMETHING bumper sticker for Mrs O ? LOL
    I don't know but I want one for my Beemer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Shouldn't it be, " white CIS males. do something." ?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    A BMW should have one .
    Do something Danke

Shouldn't it be, " white CIS males. do something." ?
    What is CIS ?
    Do something Danke

What is CIS ?
    Cisgender (often abbreviated to simply cis) is a term for people who have a gender identity that matches the sex that they were assigned at birth. Cisgender may also be defined as those who have "a gender identity or perform a gender role society considers appropriate for one's sex."[1] It is the opposite of the term transgender.[2]

There are two versions of the term: cis male for "male assigned male at birth" or cis female for "female assigned female at birth". Further derivations analogously include "cis man" and "cis woman", as well as cissexism (or "cissexual assumption" or "cisnormativity").
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Well I must admit, I've had an epiphany.

It took someone making this fabulous work of art to inspire me to go out and solve the problems facing other races of the world simply because of the color of my white skin, skin which in itself gives me tremendous super powers that I never knew I possessed until now.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Testing .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So says a new exhibit at Temple U.

I happen to agree.

Although my guess is what I want white people to do is not what the "artist" wants them to do.

Temple University Student Art Display Tells White People to ‘Do Something’

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/0...-do-something/

A student art installation at Temple University curiously reads, “White People. Do Something,” and has provoked polarizing reactions across social media.

Up right now! An installation in the Tyler courtyard created by Kara Springer, a Sculpture graduate student! pic.twitter.com/8O63qWybPG

— Tyler School of Art @TylerArtSchool) September 22, 2016

The Tyler School of Art at Temple University took to their Twitter account to brag about the art installation, which is located on a central quad at the Philadelphia-based institution. Although the project’s meaning remains unclear, it hasn’t stopped community members and internet commentators from speculating about the artist’s motivation.

The “sculpture” was created by graduate art student Kara Springer and has provoked an assortment of confusion, anger, and praise across social media.

Tyler School of Art student made a sculpture saying "white people. Do something" and I have never loved my school more��

— CK (@camrynkira) September 24, 2016

Not sure how to read this. Is it commanding white people to do something, or is it a panicked warning that white people are around? https://t.co/AyMepT6qje

— Robert Kroese (@robkroese) September 25, 2016

No offense but what's the point of makin a sign that says "white people do something" lol

— t4t (@twerkfortara) September 26, 2016

@TylerArtSchool Kara Springer shows the world that a talentless hack can get attention just by whoring her race.

— thespian (@thespianorion) September 26, 2016

@TylerArtSchool You mean besides art, innovations, the Internet, airplanes, satellites, medicins etc.?

— CW (@C_Westling) September 25, 2016

@TylerArtSchool cool i didnt know this school offered a degree in Victimhood

— TheGeckoNinja (@TheGeckoNinja) September 26, 2016

@TylerArtSchool This isn't art by any stretch of the imagination.

— Miss Adele McFly �� (@PennyDreadful81) September 26, 2016

Tom Ciccotta is a libertarian who writes about Free Speech and Intellectual Diversity for Breitbart.
    What's funny is that when I read this... I am thinking something totally different than what the artist intended. I think white people are starting to do something... just look at Trump's numbers
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I thought you Southern chicks all drove pick up's.

Obviously inspired by Kipling...

Take up the White Man's burden, Send forth the best ye breed
    Go bind your sons to exile, to serve your captives' need;
    To wait in heavy harness, On fluttered folk and wild—
    Your new-caught, sullen peoples, Half-devil and half-child.

Take up the White Man's burden, In patience to abide,
    To veil the threat of terror And check the show of pride;
    By open speech and simple, An hundred times made plain
    To seek another's profit, And work another's gain.

Take up the White Man's burden, The savage wars of peace—
    Fill full the mouth of Famine And bid the sickness cease;
    And when your goal is nearest The end for others sought,
    Watch sloth and heathen Folly Bring all your hopes to nought.

Take up the White Man's burden, No tawdry rule of kings,
    But toil of serf and sweeper, The tale of common things.
    The ports ye shall not enter, The roads ye shall not tread,
    Go make them with your living, And mark them with your dead.

Take up the White Man's burden And reap his old reward:
    The blame of those ye better, The hate of those ye guard—
    The cry of hosts ye humour (Ah, slowly!) toward the light:—
    "Why brought he us from bondage, Our loved Egyptian night?"

Take up the White Man's burden, Ye dare not stoop to less—
    Nor call too loud on Freedom To cloak your weariness;
    By all ye cry or whisper, By all ye leave or do,
    The silent, sullen peoples Shall weigh your gods and you.

Take up the White Man's burden, Have done with childish days—
    The lightly proffered laurel, The easy, ungrudged praise.
    Comes now, to search your manhood, through all the thankless years
    Cold, edged with dear-bought wisdom, The judgment of your peers!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $#@! this. I'm swimming to Mars. Bye.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    $#@! this. I'm swimming to Mars. Bye.
    That's doing something. Or at least attempting to do something.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

All people should do something or somethings. Ideally, start voting with both your feet and your dollars more. Disgusted by the oppressiveness of a local or state government? Move! Strongly disagree with the CEO of a major company that you frequently interact with? Consider supporting the competitors. Worried about the future? Save money, but also a little food, water, and other things.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Seems like a good message to me, as it leaves the 'something' to the reader to decide. I think things would be a lot better if white people did something.
    Like ending govt. subsididized immigration?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

i'm doing enough already.

$#@! off.

WWWPD?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast