Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: ** The Official Unofficial Debate Thread - Sept 26, 2016 **

More sign that swcbag lobbies maybe finished:

Debate commission confirms Trump’s mic was faulty

By Daniel Halper
    September 30, 2016

Donald Trump’s microphone was faulty, the Commission on Presidential Debates confirmed in a statement Friday.
    “Regarding the first debate, there were issues regarding Donald Trump’s audio that affected the sound level in the debate hall,” the commission stated in a Friday press release.
    Almost immediately after Monday’s presidential debate, Trump began complaining about the quality of the microphone — saying that he didn’t have the “sniffles,” he just had bad equipment.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/30/debate-...ic-was-faulty/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    How does a liberty candidate attract authoritarians without taking positions that are destructive to liberty?
    but how does a liberty candidate get votes from authoritarians without abandoning liberty positions?
    People do not generally vote based on positions.

Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    People do not generally vote based on positions.

Duh.
    Did you see the Rand forum during the primaries?
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

No. That's prob Rand's problem that he couldn't attract people like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    No. That's prob Rand's problem that he couldn't attract people like me.
    What do you think would happen if he came out for stop and frisk?
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

What do you think would happen if he came out for stop and frisk?
    Why you bringing up stop and frisk?

You are actually disagreeing with my obvious, obvious statement?

You base your view of reality on RPF?

Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    You are actually disagreeing with my obvious, obvious statement?

You base your view of reality on RPF?

Hmm.
    What happened in the Rand forum was fairly consistent across other sites and social media, although it got much worse out there than here on RPFs.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What happened in the Rand forum was fairly consistent across other sites and social media, although it got much worse out there than here on RPFs.
    What was what?

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    More sign that swcbag lobbies maybe finished:

Debate commission confirms Trump’s mic was faulty

By Daniel Halper
    September 30, 2016

Donald Trump’s microphone was faulty, the Commission on Presidential Debates confirmed in a statement Friday.
    “Regarding the first debate, there were issues regarding Donald Trump’s audio that affected the sound level in the debate hall,” the commission stated in a Friday press release.
    Almost immediately after Monday’s presidential debate, Trump began complaining about the quality of the microphone — saying that he didn’t have the “sniffles,” he just had bad equipment.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/30/debate-...ic-was-faulty/
    That's a bunch of $#@!e- his mic for televised stuff was fine and he DID sniff continually.
    There is no spoon.

There are definitely ways to do this with conservatives, young voters and moderates, but how does a liberty candidate get votes from authoritarians without abandoning liberty positions?
    To repeat, by NOT changing or abandoning positions, but getting voters to accept our candidates based on liking, trusting, or bonding with them, i.e., not based on issues. Your question is otherwise a straw man, since most of the people you seem to want to designate as "authoritarian" are merely inconsistent in their understanding of liberty (Trump included). They are shades of grey, that you want to call all black. Our liberty candidate can succeed if we engage and attract a 51% coalition consisting of 'pure white' or coherent liberty people, plus shades of grey.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    To repeat, by NOT changing or abandoning positions, but getting voters to accept our candidates based on liking, trusting, or bonding with them, i.e., not based on issues. Your question is otherwise a straw man, since most of the people you seem to want to designate as "authoritarian" are merely inconsistent in their understanding of liberty (Trump included). They are shades of grey, that you want to call all black. Our liberty candidate can succeed if we engage and attract a 51% coalition consisting of 'pure white' or coherent liberty people, plus shades of grey.
    You are saying by labeling authoritarians "grey", they will vote for a liberty candidate, without the candidate having to compromise?

You are saying by labeling authoritarians "grey", they will vote for a liberty candidate, without the candidate having to compromise?
    YOU are the one labeling grey people "authoritarian." I am saying all people of what ever stripe, white, grey or black, may vote for a liberty candidate if they respect him enough, like him enough or bond with him enough, and will "agree to disagree" about the rest. Most people are not even consciously committed to an ideology or aren't even intellectually inclined towards "positions" or issues, they just have "feelings" about the economy, jobs situation, events overseas, etc. The reason why there are single issue voters is often not that they value "their" issue as more important than other issues, but because it's about the only issue they actually have thought about, to be committed to a position on.

When LP activists use the "World's Smallest Political Quiz" to graphically show people where they are on the political spectrum, quiz takers are surprised where they show up precisely because they haven't thought through their ideology across most issues in a coherent manner. Given that a large fraction or majority of voters are just like this, a likable and truly outreach-oriented liberty candidate certainly can engage many sectors of the electorate, and speak to their "feelings" with liberty answers, without compromising. But we have to stop being one-dimensionally fixated on barking our positions to them while simplistically labeling people as black or white, in order to accomplish this. Engaging them about their sentiments or feelings in a liberty way, is the solution going forward.
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 10-01-2016 at 10:07 AM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

I still want to know what happened. I dropped in there couple of times other than low activity and bitching about Rand not doing this or that I can't remember much.

Liberal media lies
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bruce Fein points out that during the US presidential debate "Neither the questions nor the candidate responses referenced the Constitution, Congress, or liberty."
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021